He was an adult.
他是大人了
We can't bring him back.
我们没法让他活过来
We'd just prefer it...
我们只是希望
if there was no fuss.
你不要再多事了
We'd... both prefer it.
我们都希望如此
I won't talk to the press again. That's good.
我不会再去找媒体了 很好
But nobody was saying it, so I had to.
但因为没人站出来说 所以我才必须说
Your son was murdered.
你们的儿子是被谋杀的
After breakfast, why don't we go for a walk?
不如我们早餐后去走走吧
Your son was murdered.
你儿子是被谋杀的
My son is dead.
我儿子死了
My wife is sick.
我妻子病了
I'm sorry. Enough.
我很抱歉 够了
Enough?
够了
We need to leave soon if we're to catch your train.
我们得快点走了 不然会误了你的火车
That... is not his bedroom.
那不是他的房♥间
This is not his home.
这不是他的家
Have you lost your mind?!
你疯了吗
Who are you?
你们是谁
Who are you?!
你们是谁
'Bring him.'
把他带来
Who was that?
谁打来的
That was Alistair's mother.
是阿利斯泰尔的母亲
His mother?!
他母亲
What does she want? To meet you.
她想干什么 想见见你
How far is it? Not far.
有多远 不远
Anything else you want to see?
你还有什么想看的吗
Not everyone is comfortable inviting strangers to their home.
不是所有人都喜欢请陌生人到家里
We thought if you saw where we lived
我们觉得如果你看到我们住在哪
you might try to extort us.
你恐怕会敲诈我们
Why do you think I would want your money?
你为什么觉得我会想要你们的钱
Because you have none.
因为你身无分文
You want an apology?
你想要我向你道歉
I gave you an explanation.
我给你一个解释
You...I believe.
你...我相信
My husband's name is Charles. My name is Frances.
我丈夫叫查尔斯 我叫弗朗西斯
My son's name was Alistair.
我儿子叫阿利斯泰尔
Your name, Daniel, we read in the paper.
你叫丹尼尔 我们在报纸上读到的
My staff you met.
我的佣人 你见过了
Where's she taking my stuff?
她要把我的东西拿到哪去
Well, surely you're going to spend the night?
你想必要在这里过夜了
We're in the midst of restoring the house to its former glory.
我们正在重修房♥子 重现它旧日的辉煌
We had hoped Alistair would finish the task.
我们曾希望阿利斯泰尔可以完成这项工作
This is his room.
这是他的房♥间
How did you know?
你怎么知道的
Because it's the loneliest room I've ever been in.
这是我到过的最孤独的房♥间
Charles was sure you'd
查尔斯肯定地说
catch the train home today, none the wiser.
你今天就会坐火车回家 他一点都不懂
I was convinced you'd figure it out.
我相信你识破这一切
It seems you did so not with reason or deduction...
你做到了 但似乎并没有理由和逻辑
..But something akin to...
而是因为
female intuition.
一种类似女性的直觉
I won't sleep in here.
我不睡这一间
I would never have allowed it.
我本来就不会允许你睡
Dinner is at eight.
八点开饭
You're embarrassed by his death.
他的死让你很难堪
Yes.
是的
Upset, too?
也很难过 对吗
Yes.
是的
More than you can imagine.
比你想象的更难过
Did you realise your provocation was infantile
你是进屋前还是后才意识到
before or after you came through that door?
你的挑衅很幼稚的
Before, I see. But you didn't decide to change?
进屋前我能理解 但你没打算换身衣服吗
Would you like me to?
你希望我换吗
No.
不
I think I prefer you like that.
我更喜欢你现在这样
Thank you.
谢谢
Alistair completed that maze unassisted,
在阿利斯泰尔还差三个月满五岁的时候
three months before his fifth birthday.
就靠着自己走出了那个迷宫
Others considered him to be disturbed,
别人觉得他精神不正常
but what they saw as a disturbance of the mind
但他们所认为不正常的头脑
was, in fact, an exceptional gift.
实际上却是了不起的天赋
However, it's not enough in this world to be born brilliant -
但是在这世上 仅仅是生来天才还不够
you need direction and discipline.
你要有目标和约束
You need someone who reminds you, day after day,
你需要有人日复一日地提醒你
never to waste your talent on triviality.
不要在琐事上浪费你的才华
How many brilliant minds are out there right now
世上有多少天才的头脑
rotting in squalor and neglect?
在贫穷和忽视中堕落
It took every ounce of my strength
我使尽浑身解数
to make Alistair realise his potential.
才让阿利斯泰尔实现自己的潜能
He ended up hating me for it.
到头来他却为此而恨我
But you guessed that already.
这点我想你应该已经猜到了
Your son was murdered.
你的儿子是被谋杀的
The attic was staged.
那个阁楼被人布置过
And everything you've read about his death is a lie.
你们读到的所有关于他死亡的报道 都是假的
After dinner, perhaps you will join me for a drink.
晚餐过后 或许你我能一起喝一杯
My son wasn't gay.
我儿子不是同性恋
Before you hold some sort
在你准备在这个房♥子里
of parade through the house, hear me out.
进行什么同性恋宣讲前 先听我说完
Alistair...didn't think like ordinary people.
阿利斯泰尔 他的想法跟常人不一样
He didn't feel what ordinary people feel.
他体会到的情感也跟常人不一样
In his eyes, everyone was a puzzle.
在他眼中 人人都是一个谜团
He took immense satisfaction
他会摸透一个人的喜好
figuring out what a person wanted
再根据喜好满足对方
and then giving it to them.
并借此获得巨大的满足
As if we were all computers...
就好像我们都是一台台电脑
...waiting for the correct code.
等他来破解正确的代码
Alistair could be anything a person wanted him to be.
阿利斯泰尔可以成为别人希望的任何一种人
In your case, it appears you craved romance,
在你这里 你渴求浪漫的恋情
a good old-fashioned love story.
一个传统的爱情故事
He gave it to you.
他便给你一份浪漫的爱情
Meanwhile, he continued giving other kinds of stimulation
同时 他还继续给别的人带去不同的刺♥激♥
to other kinds of people, men and women.
男人女人都有
If he was involved with someone who hankered after risk,
如果跟他在一起的是个追求冒险的人
he would have provided it.
他也会给对方提供这样的体验
Danger, pain, submission, domination.
危险 痛感 奴或是主
Alistair was as precocious sexually
阿利斯泰尔的性意识跟他的智力一样
as he was intellectually.
有些早熟
To him, they were one and the same.
对他来说 这两者都是一样的
Sex was just another form of decryption.
性只不过是另一种形式的破译
You think I'm cruel?
你觉得我很残忍♥吗
Perhaps I am.
或许如此
But not in this instance.
但在这件事上我没有
I wanted to preserve your illusions.
我本想让你维持你的幻想
We had hoped that you would go home
我们原本希望你能回家去
and mourn in the belief that your relationship was perfect.
带着你们的恋情是完美的这样的信念来哀悼他
You loved him, I see that.
你爱他 我看得出来
However, I cannot allow you to be unaware of the facts,
但是 我不能让你被蒙在鼓里
in case you blunder further
防止你不小心卷入
into a situation you simply do not understand.
一个你无法理解的局面
I'm not surprised he used a different name -
他用了假名 这点我并不惊讶
he was playing a part.
他在扮演一个角色
The part of a conventional lover.
一个传统恋人的角色
I haven't read many books.
我读的书不多
I haven't been to many...places.
也没去过多少地方
But I have fucked a lot of people.
但我上过很多人
And there's one thing...
有一样东西
you just can't fake.
你是装不出来的
Inexperience.
他没有过性经验
The body's tense when it should be relaxed.
本该放松的时候 他的身体是紧绷的