So what's this about?
所以这到底是怎么回事
Why couldn't you tell me on the phone?
为什么不能在电♥话♥里告诉我
A former student of your university. A prodigy.
你大学里之前的一位学生 一位神童
You might know him as Alistair Turner.
你也许知道他 叫阿利斯泰尔·特纳
But he preferred the name Alex.
但他本人更喜欢亚历克斯这个名字
Let's walk.
我们出去走走
I didn't know Alex well personally.
我私下和亚历克斯不是很熟
Mainly by reputation.
基本只是听说过他
There aren't many students who start their degree at 15.
毕竟不是很多学生15岁就上大学了
He was murdered.
他被杀了
He WAS murdered, Claire.
他的确被杀了 克莱尔
So I take it you want to speak to his professor?
所以我猜你是想和他的教授谈谈
Marcus Shaw.
马库斯·肖
What do you know about him? Brilliant.
你对他有什么了解吗 很聪明
Difficult. And his relationship with Alex?
难相处 那他和亚历克斯的关系呢
They were close. Sexual?
他俩关系很近 涉及性吗
I'm confident that their intimacy was purely intellectual.
我很确定他俩的亲密关系是纯精神上的
Will he talk to us?
他会和我们谈吗
Marcus is precise. He won't "chat".
马库斯做事有板有眼 他不会"聊天"
Unless you're talking about mathematics,
除非你们谈论的是数学问题
the discussion will be a waste of time.
这个讨论纯粹是浪费时间
Is it possible that Alex would have confided in him?
亚历克斯有没有可能对他吐露过什么
That's a very serious allegation.
这个指控非常严重
I'm just thinking aloud.
我只是自言自语
Marcus admired Alex.
马库斯倾慕亚历克斯
On some level,
在某种程度上
he might have envied him, but...
他可能嫉妒他 但是...
I can't believe he'd want to harm him.
我不敢相信他会想伤害他
Could you arrange a meeting?
你能安排一次会面吗
So you do have something specific you're going to speak to him about?
所以说你们确实是有某些事要和他谈吗
We will.
我们会有的
Don't send e-mails. Don't make calls.
不要发邮件 不要打电♥话♥
They'll have access to your computer, your office, your phone.
他们会有办法监控你的电脑 办公室 电♥话♥
Claire, I should warn you...
克莱尔 我得警告你...
He was my student, Scottie.
他曾经是我的学生 斯科特
Where now? A club, I thought.
现在去哪里 俱乐部吧
Don't admire your surroundings.
别跟刘姥姥进大观园似的
Affect an air of mild boredom. Don't take it too far.
装出一点点厌烦 但别太过了
It needs to feel effortless.
要让人觉得漫不经心
Making an effort is the surest giveaway.
用力过猛绝对会让你露陷
I don't think this is going to work.
我不觉得这能成功
All we need is enough uncertainty for them to let you inside.
我们只需要让他们犹豫
The advantage is with us.
这样我们把握就大了
More than anything they despise a scene.
他们最瞧不起的就是闹腾
Good evening.
晚上好
Good evening, sir. One guest.
晚上好 先生 一位客人
How do you know what anything costs?
你怎么知道这些东西多少钱
Everything goes on account.
一切都记在账上
It's assumed members can pay their way.
俱乐部认为会员是能承担得起的
Money's never mentioned, seen or discussed.
这里从不提钱 也看不到钱
There are more women in a gay club.
同性恋俱乐部里的女人比这里多
Women aren't allowed.
这里不允许女人进来
Is that legal?
那样合法吗
How many do you think apply?
你觉得会有多少人申请成为会员
Good to see you.
很高兴见到你
You look fantastic as always, James.
你看上去一如既往地好气色 詹姆斯
Danny.
丹尼
James and I have worked together for over 30 years.
詹姆斯和我一起工作了三十余年
Not really "together", Scottie.
其实不算"一起"啦 斯科特
No, I suppose not.
是啊 可不是嘛
James...
詹姆斯...
I'm afraid I need to ask a favour.
恐怕我得求你帮个忙
A favour? I'm afraid so.
帮个忙 恐怕是的
Scottie, this is unlike you.
斯科特 这不像你啊
The situation is exceptional.
这个情况很特殊
Very well.
很好
What can you tell me about
关于阿利斯泰尔·特纳的谋杀
the murder of Alistair Turner?
你能告诉我些什么吗
Have you lost your mind?
你是疯了吗
I'm asking you to be indiscreet.
我求你松口
The quid pro quo is that I will not be.
我绝对闭紧嘴
You've been hanging around too many street corners, old friend.
你在街头巷尾待的时间太长了 老朋友
Your acquaintance is beginning to rub off on you.
你那个相好让你沾染上那种习气了
Oh, no.
不
I learnt these tricks from the top.
这种把戏我可是师从大♥师♥
You sure you want to continue down this road? Quite sure.
你确定要一路走到底吗 确定
That's an awful shame.
太可惜了
I'll tell you a joke. How about that?
我给你讲个笑话怎么样
It would depend on how funny I found it.
那取决于我觉得有多好笑
It's hysterical.
很好笑的
An Englishman, a Chinaman...
一个英国人 一个中国人
a Frenchman, an American,
一个法国人 一个美国人
a Russian... an Israeli and a Saudi...
一个俄♥罗♥斯♥人 一个以色列人 还有个阿♥拉♥伯人
walk into a bar...
走进一间酒吧
... And they all agree.
他们居然都达成了一致
You'd better explain it to your boy at a later stage.
待会儿最好再给你的小朋友解释一下
Like I said, old friend, an awful shame.
我说过了 老伙计 太可惜了
Time to go.
该走了
If I could ask you to settle up, Sir?
能麻烦你付账吗 先生
Yes, of course, yes.
当然
What did it mean?
那什么意思
That my membership has been cancelled with immediate effect.
我的会员资格即刻被取消了
A pity. They do a marvellous Eggs Benedict.
真遗憾 他们的火腿蛋松饼相当好吃
The joke, Scottie, the joke?
那个笑话 斯科特 那个笑话
I thought that was perfectly clear. No.
我以为已经很清楚了 不清楚
Substitute the nationality for the security agency.
用安全机构来替代他们的国籍
British MI6.
英国♥军♥情六处
The Chinese Ministry for State Security.
中国国♥家♥安♥全♥部
American CIA. Israeli Mossad.
美国中情局 以色列情报和特殊使命局
Russian FSB. The Saudi GIP.
俄联邦安♥全♥局♥ 沙特阿♥拉♥伯情报总署
Ok?
然后呢
The punchline was that they all agree.
笑点在于他们达成了一致
Danny, they've never agreed about anything.
丹尼 他们从没在任何事情上达成一致
Until now... it seems.
看来现在却...
Whatever Alex discovered - whatever it was, whatever it is -
不管亚历克斯发现了什么 过去如何现在怎样
no-one wants in the open.
没人想这事被曝光
We're not up against one intelligence agency.
我们不是要应付某一个情报机构
We're up against them all.
是和所有情报机构作对
What does it mean?
你问我什么意思
It means we are quite alone.
意思就是我们在孤军奋战
Get in the car. What?
上车 怎么了
Get in the fucking car!
你♥他♥妈♥上车
Found yourself a rich Daddy, my fun-loving-friend?
你找了个金主啊 我有趣的朋友
Or is it fun no more, Danny? Have you fallen out of love?
还是没那么有趣了 丹尼 你失恋了吗
With fun?
也失去了趣味
You have. Some people call that growing up.
确实都失掉了 有的人称之为成长
I call it growing old.
我倒觉得是衰老
Once you let fun go, you never get it back.
一旦你褪下了趣味 就再也找不回来了
Over and above everything and anybody...
在任何人任何事上都找不回来了
I choose fun.
我宁愿有趣
It's for you.
给你的
Not here!
别在这儿
What is it? It's the impossible.
这是什么 这是不可能
What made you change your mind?
你怎么改变心意了
I didn't.
并没有
I don't understand.
我不懂
I'm sure you don't.
我知道你不懂
Get out.
滚出去
Get out the car.
滚出车去
Oh, Danny?
丹尼