You have to believe.
你一定要相信
I believe you.
我相信你
I knew you were a young man who'd make a lot of mistakes.
我知道你是个会犯错误的年轻人
But never the same one twice.
但你从不犯一样的错误
I believe you.
我相信你
I believe they deliberately infected you.
我相信他们是故意感染了你
Not to kill you, obviously.
显然不是为了杀你
With medication, you'll live a long and normal life.
有药物帮助 你还是可以平凡地走完一生
They did it to discredit you.
他们这么做是为了毁坏你的名声
They'll say you took risks with your own health.
他们会说你是用自己的健康冒险
You were reckless... and irresponsible.
你那样太鲁莽 太不负责任
Perhaps they'll even say that you infected Alex.
他们甚至还会说你感染了亚历克斯
No. He, he was... He was negative.
不 他 他没感染
But what will the test say?
但是结果怎么说
The story of you two has been written.
你们俩的故事结局已经注定了
It was written many months ago.
几个月前就注定了
A sordid tale...
肮脏的故事
the details of which will leak out into the public sphere.
个中细节很快会被公众知晓
People will recoil.
人们会一片哗然
Many will think you got what you deserved.
许多人会认为你罪有应得
No-one will campaign for answers. No-one will demand justice.
没人会发起运动追求答案 没人会追求正义
These people... Yes.
这些人 嗯
They'd do anything.
他们什么都干的出来
Yes.
是的
I can't...
我做不到
No.
不行
I loved him.
我爱过他
I loved him very much.
我好爱他
I can't fight them.
我无法与他们为敌
A long time ago, I had a lover.
很久很久以前 我有个爱人
He was an aspiring artist.
他是个很有抱负的艺术家
Quite promising.
前途光明
Extraordinarily beautiful.
十分美丽
1983.
1983年
He was one of the first in London to fall ill.
他是伦敦最先感染的人之一
Back then, it didn't even have a name.
当时 它连名字都没有
There was no information.
人们完全不了解它
No leaflets. No warnings. No answers.
没有宣传册 没有警告 没有答案
You'd watch the news and hear no mention of it.
看新闻都不会提它一句
A secret plague.
秘密的瘟疫
I'd visit him as often as I could,
我尽可能经常去看他
with as much fresh fruit and vegetables as I could carry.
有多少新鲜水果和蔬菜都会带去
He'd been given a book on colour therapy.
人家给了他本颜色治疗的书
In it, blue was described
里面 蓝色被形容为
as having healing properties.
有治愈的效果
Blue...
蓝色
Blue alone, was able to fight infections.
只有蓝色 能战胜这种感染
Blue...blue alone, could save him.
蓝色 只有蓝色 能救他
Blue.
蓝色
No doubt the idea appealed to his artistic sensibilities.
当然 这个概念对他来说极具艺术感
Back then, mysticism and magic stood in for medicine.
当时 神秘学和魔法代替了医学
He wouldn't accept the fresh fruit and vegetables
他不愿意吃水果蔬菜
because they weren't blue.
就因为它们不是蓝的
But, since water was blue, he eventually agreed to take a bath.
但因为水是蓝的 他还是同意了洗个澡
I told him that he'd given up.
我说他已经放弃了
He must fight.
他应该抗争
He refused.
他拒绝了
He said that I'd never faced the inevitability of defeat.
他说我从未面对过必然的失败
He was going to die. He was going to suffer, suffer terribly.
他就要死了 他会很痛苦 很痛苦地死去
There was nothing he could do. There was nothing anyone could do.
他毫无办法 谁都毫无办法
He was right. On both counts.
他是对的 这两样都说对了
He did suffer terribly.
他确实死得很痛苦
And I have never faced the inevitability of defeat.
我也从未面对过必然的失败
It is impossible.
做不到的
We will lose.
我们必然会输
But we will fight.
但我们还是要抗争
I'm ready.
我准备好了
Are you?
是吗
Yes.
是的
When are you going to tell me?
你打算什么时候告诉我
The secret you've been keeping.
你一直在隐瞒的秘密
You knew all the time?
你一直都知道吗
Not here. Downstairs.
别在这儿说 下楼说
Tell me. I lied.
说吧 我说谎了
About?
关于什么
I stole something... from the attic.
我从阁楼里 偷了一个东西
You lied well.
你隐瞒得很好
It's a locked cylinder.
是个密♥码♥圆筒
You lied wisely. It needs a code.
隐瞒是明智的 需要密♥码♥
Which you don't know? No.
你不知道吗 不知道
Did Alex intend it for you?
亚历克斯有意让你找到的吗
He told me where to look.
他告诉我要找哪里
Then he must have believed you capable of opening it.
那他一定相信你有能力破解
I've gone over every conversation, every word.
我把我们的每个对话 每句话都回忆过了
Go over them again.
再回忆一遍
Remember...he would have been aware that
记住 他应该知道
you were under surveillance.
你们是在监控之中
Danny, you've got to figure it out. You're the only one who can.
丹尼 你得设法破解 只有你可以
Where is it now? You haven't kept it at the flat?
它现在在哪儿 你没放在家里吧
You were right to be cautious.
你的确应该谨慎
If they knew that you had this
如果他们知道这东西在你手上
they'd have behaved quite differently.
他们就不是这么对你了
Secrets have changed.
如今保密方式不一样了
It used to be typed documents, stashed inside manila files.
以前都是打印的文件 藏在风琴式文件夹里
Pages of paper stamped "Confidential".
一页页纸上印着"机密"
Rolls of microfilm.
一卷卷微缩胶片
Now it's numbers. Algorithms.
现在换成了数字 算法
The contents of that cylinder
那圆筒里的东西
are almost certainly incomprehensible.
几乎能肯定是看不懂的
At least to us.
至少我们看不懂
We need an ally.
我们得找人帮忙
A great mind.
智慧超群的人
Some of the people we need to speak to
我们要见的有些人
care very much about appearances.
非常在意外表
They look at the cut of your suit
他们会先看你服装的裁剪
before they listen to what you say.
然后才听你说话
It's not about wealth.
这无关财富
It's about a set of signals.
而是一套信♥号♥♥
They require a lifetime of study, which is precisely the point.
需要终身学习 这也正是重点所在
Wealth can be acquired in an instant.
财富是可以瞬间获得的
Tonight we must play by their rules.
今晚 我们得按他们的规则来
Fits.
很合身
What sort of spy would I be
我要是连人的衣服尺寸都猜不对
if I couldn't guess a man's shirt size?
还算什么间谍
So who is she?
她是谁
She's the President and Provost Professor
她是伦敦大学的校长
of the University of London.
兼教务长
Can we trust her?
值得信任吗
There's no art in trusting nobody.
谁都不信 就没有学问可言了
The craft of a spy has always been
间谍行业的特殊技巧就在于
to choose the right people to trust.
要选择信任合适的人
You're friends? Friends, yes.
你们是朋友吗 是的
They'll be aware of my connection to her.
他们肯定知道我和她的关系
They'll have anticipated this meeting.
也就知道我会来找她
Her office will almost certainly be bugged.
她的办公室肯定被监听了
Empty your pockets, please.
请取出口袋中的物品
This way.
请走这边
Thank you.
谢谢
You haven't lost your taste for theatricality.
你对戏剧性的喜好一点没变
For once it's justified.
这次是有正当理由的