Your intake of breath,
人的吸气
facial gestures, pupil dilation, hand movements.
面部表情 瞳孔扩张 手部动作
Alex theorised they formed patterns,
亚历克斯归结为它们形成了种种模式
and these patterns would be different
这些模式会因人们
if we were telling the truth or telling a lie.
是否说谎而产生差异
A lie detector?
就像测谎仪一样
Important lies are told by important people.
重要人物的谎言举足轻重
They'd never consent to a test of any kind.
它们才不会同意进行什么测试
Alex didn't need their consent.
亚历克斯不需要他们同意
They've already provided all the information.
他们已经把所有信息摆在眼前
The most important people
世界上最重要的人们
in the world are also the most documented.
最被记录下来的人们
Study every word they've ever spoken.
研究他们说过的每一个字
Mundane, profound - it doesn't matter.
不管这些话语浅显易懂还是意味深远
Analyse every variable possible.
分♥析♥每种可能存在的变量
Translate that information into numbers,
把这些信息译制成数字
and identify the patterns.
来鉴别属于哪种模式
A fingerprint...
一枚指纹...
for our truths and our lies.
就可以鉴别我们说的是真是假
We'd be able to analyse every statement.
那样的话我们就能够分♥析♥每一份声明
Every political claim.
每一项政♥治♥诉求
Er, every case for war.
每个发动战争的理由
Every court case verdict.
每个法庭判决
The end of lies.
谎言到此终结
If the four of us survive a week,
如果我们四个还能活上一星期
I'd be very surprised.
我会很惊讶
You're a thoroughly nice guy, aren't you, Danny?
你是个彻头彻尾的好人吧 丹尼
So was Alex.
亚历克斯也是
For all his intellect, an innocent, really.
他那么聪明又那么天真
When he told me he was going
当他告诉我要给国家通信总局
to work for GCHQ, I knew it was a mistake.
效力的时候 我就知道这是个错误
He didn't belong in that world.
他并不属于那个世界
And I could feel him wanting me to tell him so.
我能感觉到他希望我这么告诉他
Why didn't you say something?
那你怎么没说
We didn't have that kind of a relationship.
我们关系没到那份上
I take it you have some kind of plan?
就是说你有自己的计划吗
We must prove it works.
我们得证明这奏效
You don't have a plan, do you?
你并没什么计划 对吧
No.
没有
He needed to believe I did. And we need him.
他需要相信我有 而我们需要他
You see?
明白了吧
Proof - the orderly functioning of society
证据 社会能否有序运作
depends on our ability to lie.
取决于我们撒谎的能力
Given the choice of no lies, or lies, every organization,
在欺骗和诚实之间做选择 任何组织
every person of power, without exception, will choose lies.
任何掌权的人 无一例外都会选择撒谎
Maybe Alex imagined a better way of doing things.
或许亚历克斯想出了更好的方法
I wonder when he began work on this project.
我不知道他什么时候开始做这个项目的
Why does that matter?
这有什么意义吗
Maybe he was ashamed of the lies he'd told you.
或许他对你说的谎话让他觉得可耻
Ashamed that your relationship was built on lies.
因为你们的关系是建立在谎言之上的
Maybe on some level,
或许一定程度上如此
he thought he was making amends.
他认为他是在补偿
To who? To you.
补偿谁呢 你啊
Danny!
丹尼
I'm to blame. I'm sorry.
该怪我 很抱歉
I'm to blame.
该怪我
I never said "to blame".
我没说该怪你
He did it for me?
他那么做是为了我吗
It's possible.
有这个可能
I never asked for it.
我从没那么要求过
He knew you'd find out that he'd lied about much of his life.
他知道总有一天你会发现他说了那么多谎话
He must have worried that you'd end up hating him.
他肯定很担心你会从此恨他
He must have worried about that moment every day.
他肯定每天都担心那一刻的到来
Would you still love him if you knew?
如果你知道了还会爱他吗
Could you still love him if you knew?
如果你知道了还能继续爱下去吗
Would you re-examine your love story - Alex's only love story...
你会不会重新审视这段感情 亚历克斯仅有的爱情
... And decide, in the end, it was nothing but a lie?
最后断定这段爱情不过是个谎话
He was never sure.
他拿不准
How could he be?
他怎么能那样
I wish I could've told him.
多希望我早就告诉他
That none of it mattered.
这些谎话啊 错误啊
The lies, the mistakes.
都不要紧
That I loved him, just the same.
告诉他我爱他不会变
That I, I love him. Still. Now. Knowing it all.
告诉他即使如今我什么都知道也仍然爱他
I wish he could've heard me say it.
多希望他能听到我那么说
Yes.
是啊
He'll never know.
他永远都不会知道了
No.
是啊
This is going to sound a, a bit...
这可能听起来有点...
But... It occurred to me I'd never said it out loud before.
可...我突然想起来我从来没有大声说过
I love you.
我爱你
Very much.
很爱很爱
You're not going to be charged.
不会起诉你
Is that it?
就这样吗
You're free to go.
你可以走了
You brought me here like this to tell me that?
你让我过来就为了说这个吗
Will anyone be charged?
会有人被起诉吗
Danny...
丹尼
... For you...
对你来说
... This is over.
这事到此为止
This isn't over.
这事没完
This isn't over.
这事没完
Scottie? Danny.
斯科特 丹尼
Danny... Scottie?
丹尼 斯科特
There will be a note.
我会留一封遗书