Like a man crawling out of the desert.
像刚爬出沙漠的人
Yeah?
对吧
Throat dry.
喉咙干渴
Lips dry.
嘴唇干裂
Gulping up all those missed years.
急不可耐地想要弥补失去的时光
Where?
在哪
My place.
我家
Your place?
你有家
My fake place.
假的家
Why did he come round?
为什么他会去你家
To see my paintings, of course.
当然是来看我的画
What did you do?
你们干了些什么
You hate yourself for asking.
你讨厌自己问
So... But you had to know.
但你又非要知道
I'll be right back, OK? Give me a second.
我马上回来 稍等
You had to ask...
你就非要问
what did we do.
我们干了什么
We played a game.
我们玩游戏
How long can we talk without mentioning
我们能保持多长时间
the only thing we were both thinking about?
不去谈我们都在想的那件事
The first game lasted an hour.
第一次玩了一个小时
The second game...
第二次
lasted a little longer.
持续得更久一些
I rang him afterwards,
后来我给他打过电♥话♥
but he didn't answer.
但他没接
The client wanted more.
客户还想继续
But Alex wasn't interested.
但亚历克斯不感兴趣了
Why wouldn't you tell me that he kept coming back?
你怎么不告诉我 他还接着来呢
Because I can see you're good at sniffing a lie.
因为我看得出 你擅长识破谎言
So, I told you the truth.
所以我和你说实话
Why did they hire you?
他们雇你是为什么
I don't know, I don't care.
我不知道 我也不在乎
It's just a job.
只是个工作而已
He's dead.
他死了
Your job. He was murdered.
就是你的工作 把他害死了
You think you're not involved?
你以为你脱得了干系吗
Because you seem like a loose end to me.
因为在我看来 你对他们也是后患
I was told to pay for our dinner.
他们让我为这一顿买♥♥单
How else are you going to let them know what a great job you did?
不然怎么让他们知道你干得有多好
I can see strings on you too.
我看你也是他们的木偶
What are you thinking?
你在想什么
Say it again.
再说一遍
What are you thinking?
你在想什么
Nothing.
没什么
You were Alex's first experience of love.
你是亚历克斯的初恋
If he enjoyed a second,
如果他有了第二个恋人
would you seem less important?
会让你显得不再那么重要吗
Could the thrill of the new replace the comfort of the old?
新欢带来的刺♥激♥ 会代替旧爱的慰藉吗
Watergate wasn't just about bugging the opposition.
水门事件其实不只在于监听对手
They used prostitutes to collect information on rival candidates
他们也用妓♥女♥收集竞选对手的信息
to shame them, manipulate them, destroy them.
让他们难堪 操纵他们 毁掉他们
Sex has always been a means of control.
性一直都是一种控制手段
In the end, your relationship became a threat
最终 你们的关系会威胁到
to their relationship with him.
他们和他的关系
He changed you, you changed him,
他改变了你 你也改变了他
priorities altered, loyalties altered.
优先顺序变了 忠诚度也变了
I noticed it in our friendship.
从我们的友谊中就能看出来
The two of you were besotted.
你们俩都沉醉其中
The rest of the world ceased to exist,
其他的一切都不存在了
but Alex was one of their most important minds.
但亚历克斯是他们最重要的人才之一
Did you imagine they'd just allow him to drift away?
你觉得他们会放任他渐行渐远吗
I didn't think about it.
我没想到这个
It's all they would've thought about.
而他们想到的就是这个
What binds this brilliant young man to us?
这个出色的年轻人凭什么和我们联♥系♥在一起
The Queen? Our history? His parents?
是女王吗 是历史吗 还是他的父母
I accept that I didn't know anything about his...work.
我承认我不了解他的工作
His job.
他的职业
The truth is, I didn't really know him as a person either.
可事实上 我也不了解他这个人
I didn't know him.
我不知道他是谁
Of all the attacks they've used, including your health,
他们用了那么多手段 包括对你的生命健康下手
the one that has proved most effective is smut.
可其中最有效的还是情♥色♥
For you, of all people.
也只能对你如此
He made a mistake, that's not it.
他犯了错 但那不是重点
But why didn't he tell me?
他为什么不告诉我
Some of it? Any of it?
哪怕就一部分 就一点
Because you wanted him to be perfect.
因为你希望他是完美的
He saw that more clearly than you.
他比你更清楚这一点
It was his funeral last week.
上个星期是他的葬礼
Do you know how I found out?
你知道我怎么知道的吗
I heard about it on the news.
我在新闻上听到的
He was buried at a private ceremony
是一个私人葬礼
for...close friends and family.
仅有密友和家人出席
I can't count how many men I've comforted
我数不清我为此安慰过多少人了
when their partners were dying
爱人就要死去
and the family wouldn't allow them into the hospital,
爱人的家人却不让他们进医院看望
or the church where they're buried.
也不让他们去埋葬爱人的教堂
I'm tired of it...
我厌倦了
tired of hearing about it.
厌倦再听到这样的事
He wasn't close to his parents, he was close to you.
他和父母不亲密 你才是和他最亲密的人
Hold your own funeral, say your own goodbye.
你可以自己为他举♥行♥葬礼 亲自告别
That's what I should be doing.
这正是我应该做的
Saying goodbye.
告别
What am I doing all this other stuff for?
可其他的一切又是为了什么呢
Because Alex discovered some government secret? So what?
亚历克斯发现了政♥府♥的秘密 那又如何
Cos they lied about a war?
就因为他们隐瞒了伊战
They spy on us? Who..? What's it got to do with me?
隐瞒了棱镜吗 谁...这和我什么关系
And you know, I don't know any code. I don't.
还有 我不知道什么密♥码♥ 我不知道
'So, I don't know...'
所以 说不定...
Maybe, whatever those secrets are,
或许 不论那秘密是什么
maybe they weren't meant for me.
或许都与我无关
Then, that's that.
那就这样吧
Do you believe in soul mates?
你相信灵魂伴侣吗
No.
不
Not only do I not believe in them...
我不仅不相信...
It's not even a nice idea.
还觉得这想法不好
Not a nice idea?
这想法不好
That there's only just one other person out there for you.
只有一个跟你命中注定要在一起的人
What are the odds this person would be in the same country?
这个人刚好和你在一个国家的几率有多大
Or the same city?
或者说在同一个城市
That their paths would even cross?
生活轨迹是否会重叠
It would mean almost everyone in the world is with the wrong person.
这说明这世上所有人几乎都和错误的人在一起
If it's a way of saying,
如果只是想说
"We're good together", why not just say...
"我们一起很般配" 为什么不干脆说...
"We're good together"?
"我们在一起很好"
But if you mean it literally...
但如果你指的是字面上的意思...
You think there are better people out there for you?
你认为还有对你来说更合适的人
There might be.
有可能
For both of us.
对我俩来说都是
But since we don't know them, it's just a theoretical.
但鉴于我们也不认识他们 只是理论上存在而已
Yes. It's...
是啊 这是个...
a sentimental idea.
比较感性的想法
The maths doesn't add up.
道理上说不过去
But...
但是...
we're by the fire, we're under a night sky.
我们坐在篝火边 星空下
Couldn't you just have said "Yes"?
你就不能说"相信"吗
Is that what your soul mate would've done?
你的灵魂伴侣会这样做吗
Can it be opened?
能打开吗
If you know the code.
如果知道密♥码♥的话
This is us.
我们在这个位置
10点23分 读取中
10点14分 卡迪夫机场