Come on. Then you can decide whether you trust me or not.
跟我来 然后你再决定要不要相信我
This is the spot where my career as a spy came to an end.
我就是在这里告别了间谍生涯
I was a spy...
我曾是个间谍
a long time ago.
很久以前
In a world very different to this one.
那种生活跟现在的截然不同
I was recruited at Cambridge.
我是在剑桥时被招募的
I said yes partly because it wouldn't be a normal life,
作出这样决定的一部分原因我不想
with regular hours.
过着朝九晚五的平凡生活
I was desperate to avoid the five o'clock home time...
我迫切地想逃离每天晚上五点钟下班回家的生活
..Whilst not being bohemian enough
不过还不至于
to imagine life without a proper profession.
潮到不想干活
Not very patriotic motives, I suppose.
动机就不是很爱国
But they rather liked that about me, an utter lack of idealism.
可他们还尤其喜欢我完全没什么理想这一点
Romantics make unreliable spies.
好间谍都是没有浪漫主义情怀的
It was my third year with MI6.
那是我在军情六处的第三年
I was travelling back to London on the night train.
我坐夜间列车回伦敦
A handsome man entered my carriage...
一个英俊的男人走进了我坐的车厢
..Sat opposite me.
坐到了我对面
The tips of our shoes touched.
我们的鞋尖碰到了一起
Our eyes chanced.
不经意间四目相对
He asked the most mundane questions
他用最撩人的语气
in the most exciting way.
问了些最普通的问题
When we arrived at Paddington,
车到帕丁顿的时候
I went to the gentlemen's
我去了男盥洗室
and waited in a cubicle,
虚掩着门 充满希望地
door ajar, hoping.
在一个小格子间里等待着
I can't tell you how happy I was to see him.
看到他时的兴奋真是溢于言表
It meant that I hadn't been wrong.
这说明我没弄错
And that for the next 15 minutes or so, I wouldn't be alone.
并且在接下来的十五分钟左右的时间 我都不会再孤独
After all these years, prudishness runs deep.
这么多年过去了 我却越来越会假正经了
The next day, I was approached by a Soviet operative...
第二天 一个苏联特务找到了我
..Who described how the Soviet Union
向我讲述了苏联是多么地
welcomed "Men like me".
欢迎"我这样的人"
"Under Communism we're all equals."
"共♥产♥主义社会人人平等"
And once I'd completed my mission here,
还说一旦我在这个恐同的国家
in a country that would always hate my kind,
完成了任务
I could set up home in Moscow and be free.
我就会获得自♥由♥ 在莫斯科安家
Some "men like me" actually believed that lie,
一些"我这样的人"真的相信了那套谎话
but I was not one of them.
但我没有
So all that remained...a blackmail.
之后我就受到了恐吓
I'd be exposed...
他们恐吓我会被暴露
arrested...
被逮捕
disgraced.
名誉扫地
So that night...
所以那天晚上
I bought a rope...
我买♥♥了根绳子
...and came here.
来到这里
But sitting on that branch,
可坐在那根树枝上
Noose ready,
索套好了
I thought to myself, "There is another way."
我暗自想到"我还有其他选择"
You told your bosses you were gay.
你跟你上司坦白了你是同性恋
That's a wonderful wrong answer.
说得好 不过没猜对
However, the option did not yet exist.
那时候可还没有这种选择
No, I explained to my section head
取而代之的是 我向部门领导汇报
that I'd been approached by a Soviet operative
有苏联特务和我进行了接触
and I detailed the nature of the blackmail.
我详尽地说明了那封威胁信的细节
He asked if the allegations were true.
他问我那些指控是不是真的
I admitted that I'd made a mistake with a man
我承认了我犯了错误 跟一个男人
and that the operative probably had evidence of that mistake.
那个特务或许抓住了那件事的把柄
But it was only once.
但是只发生过那么一次
An act of disgusting madness.
恶心的愚蠢之举
"I'm not a homosexual!
我不是同性恋
And I'm not a treater!"
更不是叛徒
Hard for them to believe the second statement
在他们知道第一句是谎话的情况下
when they knew that the first was a lie.
很难让他们相信第二句话
So I proposed, preposterously,
所以我提了一个荒谬的建议
they employ someone to follow me for the rest of my life,
让我的下半生都在监视中度过
photograph my every move,
让他们拍下我的一举一动
I would never touch another man.
我永远不会再碰男人
I didn't discover until later
我后来才发现
that there haven't been a Soviet operative.
根本就没有什么苏联特务
There'd been an internal investigation
那其实是一项内部调查
You've heard of a mole hunt?
知道抓内鬼吗
Well, this was a fag hunt,
他们抓基佬
which they saw as more or less the same thing.
在他们看来差不多都一样
Her Majesty's Secret Service had had its fingers burnt
女王陛下的特勤局已经因为太多的
by one too many queer spies.
同性恋间谍吃了苦头
But my prompt confession saved my life.
但我当时的坦白让我捡回了一条命
I was moved from MI6
我被调离了军情六处
into what was then named Ministry for Transport
去了当时叫交通部的部门
where I was little more than a penpusher,
跟个文员差不多
whispered about by those in the know.
那些知情人私下里是这么嘀咕的
Out of gratitude and fear, I kept my end of the bargain.
出于感激和畏惧 我履行了我的诺言
And for 11 years, I did not touch another man.
整整十一年没有碰过任何一个男人
Will you sleep?
你困吗
Then I propose we stay up all night
那我们就都不睡了
and wait of the morning paper together.
一起等着读明天的报纸吧
我从不知道他的名字
我吸了毒
丹尼·霍特
阁楼秘密
我从不知道他的名字
阁楼秘密
In my office. Huh?
来我办公室 什么
Drug-test me.
给我做药检啊
I need this.
我需要这份工作
It's from his parents.
他父母的来信
hhhhhhh阿利斯泰尔
亚
历
亚
利
阿
历
亚
历
亚
Mr and Mrs Turner.
特纳先生和太太
Beautiful countryside round here.
这里的乡村景色真美
How long have you lived here?
你们住在这里多久了
Didn't Alistair tell you?
阿利斯泰尔没告诉你吗
No.
没有
What did he tell you about us?
那他怎么说我们的
The truth... please.
请说实话 拜托了
He told me you were dead.
他告诉我你们去世了
We weren't close.
我们和他并不亲密
Bathroom's opposite.
卫生间就在对门
It's... It's all yours.
你一个人用
Is one towel enough?
一条毛巾够吗
Plenty.
足够了
We've already eaten.
我们吃过了
We won't stand here and watch.
就不站在这里看你吃了
How was dinner? Fine.
晚餐怎么样 很美味
Alistair, tell me about him.
和我说说阿利斯泰尔吧
Will you be able to sleep?
说完你还能睡着吗
Probably not.
也许会睡不着
Alistair suffered from insomnia.
阿利斯泰尔经常失眠
Well, that's why he enjoyed running so much - to exhaust him.
所以他那么喜欢跑步 想让自己精疲力尽
His mind was so busy,
他想的事情太多了
he ran so he could sleep.
他跑步就是为了能睡着
Why can't you talk to me?
为什么不和我谈呢
Time to talk.
来谈谈吧
You read the article?
你们看了那篇报道吗
We're not making any judgements.
我们不想做任何评判
You see the life we lead.
我们的生活 你看到了
We're private people,
我们喜欢安静
we don't want attention.
不想招人注意
The past is the past.
过去的事就过去了
What Alistair did in London was up to him.
阿利斯泰尔在伦敦做的 取决于他自己