So...
所以...
You thought "Stranger! Seduction!"
在你看来是有个陌生人在勾引你
Not that, erm, I'm presuming you're seduced by me.
我不是在说你已经被我勾搭住了
That's, erm...
我还在...
Process ongoing.
努力勾搭中呢
Erm, what was I saying?
我刚说到哪了
Erm, yeah, so you thought,
对了 所以你是不是以为
our meeting was part of...
我们的相遇...
a set-up?
是陷阱的一部分
It's fine. It's fun. I just...
没事 挺有意思的 只是...
I thought you said I was easy to read?
你说过我的心思很好猜
That would've been the reason you were selected.
这就是被选做诱饵的原因
The appearance of innocence.
你天真的外表
I'm not innocent.
我一点都不天真
You might be the only innocent person I know.
你可能是我认识的唯一一个天真的人
Can you tell me what your real name is now?
现在能告诉我你的真名了吗
My name is Alex.
我叫亚历克斯
I'd like you to come up...
我想请你上楼...
If you want, obviously.
你想上去的话
If you don't, that's cool.
如果你不想上去也没关系
I want to. I didn't mean to say "cool".
我想上去 我不是说没关系
You want to.
你想上去
But...
但
It's a little fast.
有点太快了
Well, maybe next time.
那下次吧
You've got to stop shaking my hand. I'm sorry.
你不能再跟我握手了 抱歉
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Ok.
那就这样
Fuck!
靠
It's normally tidier than this.
平常更整洁来着
It's never tidier than this.
好吧 平常也没整洁到哪儿去
Had you guessed?
你猜到了吗
I'd guessed you hadn't slept with guys before.
我猜你以前没和男人睡过
I'd thought maybe you'd slept with a couple of women.
也许睡过几个女人
Can I ask you a question?
我能问你个问题吗
What's stopped you?
你为什么不愿意跟人谈论自己
You don't have to answer.
你用不着回答
How do you admit to someone you've never been in a relationship?
你怎么跟别人承认你从未谈过恋爱
Who wants to hear?
谁愿意听
And when they do, who wants to stay?
就算愿意听 谁又愿意留下
I do.
我愿意
At school I was old.
在学校我太老了
At university I was young.
在大学我又太年轻了
I've always been...
我总是
out of step with the people around me.
和我身边的人不合拍
In the end, I left it so late...
最后 我花了很长时间才结业
I gave up.
我放弃了
I told myself I was all about the mind.
我告诉自己是我太专心于此了
And people found me odd.
大家都觉得我很奇怪
It grated on them.
这让他们很不爽
I could see it in their eyes.
我能从他们的眼神中看出来
And rather than change, I...
比起改变 我
I started playing the role, more and more.
我开始慢慢接受这个定位
I didn't need anyone.
我不需要任何人
That's what I told myself.
我对自己这样说
"I didn't want anyone."
"我不想要任何人"
Did you imagine you'd spend the rest of your life alone?
你觉得自己会孤独终老吗
Yes.
对
I can't begin to understand what that must feel like.
我不能理解那种感觉
You always knew you'd find someone? Always.
你一直坚信你会找到那个他 对
I can't imagine...
我想象不出来
what that must feel like.
那种感觉
I'd like to try again.
我想再试一次
We don't have to.
不是非要这样的
You don't want...?
你不想
We can wait.
我们可以等
I've waited long enough.
我等得够久了
Drugs?
毒品
I've been using them to make me believe the sex was special.
我以前喝它是为了让自己相信那场欢爱是特殊的
That the person I was with was special.
和我在一起的那个人是特殊的
But...
但是
I'd love to know what it feels like for real.
我想知道真实的感觉是怎样的
Because I bet it's the best feeling in the world.
因为那一定是世界上最美妙的感觉
Will you stop worrying about me?
你能不能别再担心我了
Will you stop worrying about ME?
你能不能别再担心我了
You saw me.
你看见我了
What I mean is, you saw ME.
我是说 你看见了 我
And you asked if I was OK.
你问我还好吗
And not like most people ask it. Like they've...
不像大多数人问的那样 他们就像
asked it a hundred times that day already,
那天已经问了上百次一样随口一问
you asked it as if...
你问得很认真
nothing else mattered to you.
好像对你来说其他事都不重要了
And I thought, how is it that this person,
我想 我从未见过的这个人
who I've never seen before...
他怎么会
how are they the only person in the whole world who knows?
他怎么会是这世界上唯一一个
That I'm not OK.
知道我并不好的人
And I was sure if I could just find out your name,
那时候我相信 要是我能查到你叫什么
if I could just find out who you were...
要是我能查出你是谁
...then everything would be OK.
那么一切都会好起来的
What if everything...
如果不是
isn't OK?
一切都好呢
Then we tell each other.
那么我们相互倾诉
And we deal with it.
然后处理好问题
Whatever it is, we...
无论如何 我们
deal with it.
会处理好的
Together.
共同面对
Is there something you want to tell me?
你有什么想对我说的吗
No.
没有
I'm excited you two are going to meet.
你们俩终于要见面了 我很兴奋
I should've organized it sooner.
我应该早点安排的
A month or two, I could understand.
如果只是一两个月 我还能够理解
I'm not so old I can't remember what it's like to be smitten.
我还没有老到忘了坠入爱河的感觉
But eight months listening to you declare how wonderful he is,
但整整八个月我都在听你说他有多好
while failing to introduce us feels wilful.
但又不介绍我们认识 我觉得你是故意的
Sorry.
抱歉
Scottie, this is Alex.
斯科特 这是亚历克斯
Alex, tell me.
亚历克斯 告诉我
What did you make of her?
你怎么看她
Too much?
太过了吗
That doesn't surprise me.
我并不惊讶
Danny's always preferred his men to be as straight as possible.
丹尼总是希望他遇到的男人是直的
A tedious form of self-loathing,
这是一种老套的自我厌恶
that I've unsuccessfully tried to wean him off.
我一直尝试让他改掉 但一直没能成功
Scottie, I was telling Alex...
斯科特 我在和亚历克斯说
I hope you told him this is where we first met?
我希望你告诉过他这里是我们初次见面的地方
You must be wondering how an old queer like me
你一定疑惑 我这样一个古怪的老同志
ended up friends with a handsome young man like him?
是怎么和他这样英俊的小伙子成为朋友的
19 years old, he walked through that door.
十九岁的他 从那扇门里走进来
As lost as a person could be.
要多迷茫有多迷茫
I saw him, in his tatty jeans,
我看见他穿着破旧的牛仔裤
with his cropped hair, and his puppy dog eyes.
头发剪得乱七八糟 眼神像小狗一样可怜
I could guess his sad story without hearing a word.
不用听他说 我就能猜到他有着悲伤的故事
I presumed,
我猜
if I bought him a drink,
要是我给他买♥♥杯喝的
there wouldn't be a single second
不出一秒钟
when he wasn't hoping for someone better to come along.
他就又会开始盼望遇到个更好的人
But what can I say? I'm a soft touch.
但我能怎么办 我是个心软的人
So I bought him that drink...
所以我给他买♥♥了杯喝的
..And to my surprise, he talked to me for the whole night.
令我吃惊的是 他和我聊了一整夜
He didn't leave, even when others stalked him.
即使有人对他很感兴趣 他也没有走