我知道城里有瘟疫流行
I knew there was an epidemic in the town.
我应该让她待在家里
I should have made her stay at home!
干薰衣草
Dried lavender.
一定是妈妈放在那的
Marmee must have put it there.
你得发电报告诉她 她得从华盛顿赶回来
You have to telegraph her. She has to come home from Washington.
你自己一个人搞不定
You can't manage this alone!
爸爸也许快死了 劳里 妈妈不能离开他
Father might be dying, Laurie! Marmee can't leave him!
我们得尽力为她分忧解愁
We have to spare her what anxiety we can.
我不去 我跟你说 我不去
I'm not going! I tell you, I'm not going!
我已经告诉梅格了 也告诉乔了
I already told Meg and I told Jo!
她们还是觉得换个环境
They still think the change of air
可以防止你患上猩红热
will stop you getting scarlet fever.
我宁愿患上猩红热
I'd rather get scarlet fever
也不要待在马奇叔婆家
than go to stay at Aunt March's house!
患猩红热可不是说着玩的 艾米
Scarlet fever isn't a joke, Amy.
和一个坏脾气的老女人 贵宾犬 鹦鹉
Neither is spending weeks on end
在阴森森的房♥子里待上一周
in a dull house with a cross old woman,
也不是说着玩的
a poodle and a parrot!
我每天去马奇叔婆家看你
How about I come and visit you at Aunt March's every day,
带你兜风怎么样
and take you out for a drive?
坐马车还是坐汽车
In the carriage or the phaeton?
马车和汽车 隔天下午轮流坐
The carriage and the phaeton on alternate afternoons,
只要你跟梅格和乔说你改主意了
if you'll only go tell Meg and Jo you've changed your mind.
那好吧
Very well.
只要所有人都记住我做出了重大的牺牲
As long as everyone remembers I'm making a great sacrifice.
我把暖水瓶拿来了
I brought the hot water bottle.
我以为该暖和很多了
I thought I'd be warmer by now.
已经淋雨过后很久了
It's a long time since I came in out of the rain.
猩红热
Scarlet fever?
这是很难避免的
It's inevitable,
如果你们总要去探望穷♥人♥的话
if you're all encouraged to go poking about among poor folks.
你也想被传染吗
Are you expected to succumb?
她们送我过来就是希望我别被传染
They sent me here in the hope that I wouldn't.
别吸鼻子 我受不了别人吸鼻子
Don't sniff. I can't abide it when people sniff.
你们家里是不是太宠你了
Do they pet you at home, and make much of you?
你在家是不是听了太多的好话
Are you lavished with affection and kind words?
是的
Yes.
不应该溺爱雌性动物
The female animal should not be indulged,
这是把她推向了一条荆棘之路
for hers is a thorny path.
她必须学会通过自♥制♥力走出那条路
She must learn to tread it in a spirit of self-governance.
好的 马奇叔婆
Yes, Aunt March.
你看上去并没有不开心
Your countenance is not unpleasant,
那我希望你能表现得比你姐姐
and I dare to hope you may prove less intractable
更好相处 更令人满意
and more rewarding than your sister.
我能把鹦鹉拿下来吗 马奇叔婆
May I put the parrot down now, Aunt March?
你想拿就拿下来吧
Well, if you so desire,
但如果让它察觉到你不喜欢它
but if he suspects that you not admire him,
它会想方设法报复你的
he will devise a method of revenge.
我能看看她吗
Can I see her?
她认不出你的 先生
She wouldn't know you, sir.
而且医生要求我们把窗帘拉下来
And the doctor bade us keep her quiet,
保持安静 不让光线照到她的眼睛
with the curtains drawn, lest the fever settle on her eyes.
让她失明吗
And blind her?
马奇先生的脑炎复发了
Mr March has suffered a relapse of his encephalitis.
所以不是肺炎吗
So it's not pneumonia, then?
不是 从来不是
No. It never was.
他的脑袋一直在发烧
He has a fever of the brain.
我不爱说谎 但是我得说
I'm not partial to falsehoods, but I dare say there are times
有时候谎言比真♥相♥更令人尊敬
when they're more honourable than the truth.
绿色的鸟
Green birds.
不是 那不是绿色的鸟
No. There are no green birds.
是墙纸上的常春藤图案
It's just the pattern of the ivy on the wallpaper.
你在床上很安全
You're safe here in bed.
它们在动
They're moving!
它们没动 我向你保证
They're not moving. I promise you.
你必须好起来 贝丝
You have to come back, Beth.
太多人在挂念着你
Too many people miss you.
我也挂念你
I miss you.
埃斯特尔在马奇叔婆打盹时放我进来的
Estelle lets me come in here when Aunt March is napping.
这是马奇叔婆十八岁时
Here's the string of pearls Aunt March's father gave her
她父亲给她的项链
when she turned 18.
埃斯特尔说我们之中最先订婚的人将得到它
Estelle says the first one of us to be engaged will get it.
看 这是她唯一的孩子戴过的银手圈
And look, it's the silver bracelet the only baby she ever had wore.
后来孩子死了
Until it died.
看
Look!
她的婚戒
Her wedding ring.
现在她已经胖到戴不进去了
She's too fat to wear it now.
我真是手脚笨拙得可爱
I am a venerable butterfingers!
谢谢
Thank you.
劳里 我想要你来看看我的遗嘱
Laurie, I want you to witness my will.
「我 艾米·柯蒂斯·马奇
"I, Amy Curtis March,
自愿将我留下的所有物品即...
do give and bequeath all my earthly things viz
也就是说 给乔
and to wit, namely...to Jo,
我最珍贵的石膏兔子
my most precious plaster rabbit,
因为我很抱歉烧了她的书
because I'm sorry I burnt her book.
给在我最苦恼的时候帮助过我的朋友
To Theodore Laurence, who has been my friend,
西奥多·劳伦斯
in my hour of darkest affliction,
我的泥塑马
my papier mache model of a horse
并为在他说马没有脖子的时候
with apologies for shouting at him
向他大吼大叫而道歉
when he said it hadn't any neck...
它的确没有脖子 你说的没错
It hadn't any neck. You were right.
给贝丝 如果她活得比我长...」
And to Beth, if she was after me...
我读不下去了
I'm not reading any more of this.
一个接一个的道歉 你又没生病 艾米
It's one apology after another, and you aren't even sick, Amy.
你不会死的
You are not going to die!
总有一天我会死的
I will some day!
每个人都会死
Everybody does!
我不想带着羞愧离开人世
And I don't want to depart this Earth ashamed of myself!
我可以成为更好的人 劳里
I could be a better person, Laurie.
这段时间以来我一直在想这个
I've known that for a while now.
我也这样觉得
I think that, too.
觉得我吗
About me?
觉得我自己
About myself.
等等
Wait.
劳里 你能帮我加一句
Laurie, can you add that
我希望把我的卷发剪下来
I want all my curls cut off
分给每一个爱我的人吗
and given away to the people who have loved me?
如果你想头发凌乱地躺在棺材里
If you want to look revolting in your coffin,
我倒是随便你
that is entirely up to you.
如果我之前没有发现你的甜美
If I didn't see the sweetness
你的美好品质
and the beauty of your nature before,
现在我发现了
I see it now.
如果我之前不知道你在我心中
If I didn't know what a deep and tender place
占据着多么深沉又温柔的位置
you held in my heart,
现在我知道了
I know it now.
我还知道了无私奉献是多么有价值
And I know that living for others has worth,
因为你一直是这样做的
because it's what you were doing all along.
我想跟你说谢谢
And I want to say thank you.
你听到了吗
Do you hear me?
听到了吗
Do you hear me?
如果可以 给你母亲写封信吧
If you can send for your mother, then you should.
你去哪里 乔
Wh-Where are you going, Jo?
寄信给妈妈
To send for Marmee.
我们一直在坚持 坚持
We held out and held out
但贝丝可能在她到家前就死了
and now Beth might be dead before she can get here!
乔 我昨天给她发电报了
Jo, I-I telegraphed her yesterday.
但她不能离开父亲 我告诉过你的
But she can't leave Father! I told you that!
为什么你总是不听我的 劳里
Why do you never listen to anything I say, Laurie?
因为我希望你得到最好的
Because I want what's best for you!
她已经在火车上了
She's already on the train.