我一直看着钟
I keep looking at the clock.
我不明白指针怎么会走得这么慢
I don't know how the hands can move so slowly.
一到半夜十二点
The minute it chimes midnight,
我就去车站接你母亲
I'm leaving to fetch your mother from the station.
我必须回楼上去
I have to go back up.
轮到梅格休息了
It's Meg's turn to have a rest.
你能拿些葡萄酒上去给贝丝吗
Will you take some of the claret up for Beth?
我祖父给她的 他觉得能增强体力
Grandfather sent it for her. He thought it would be fortifying.
贝丝什么都咽不下去 劳里
Beth can't swallow anything, Laurie!
没人明白这一点吗
Does nobody understand that?
她已经变得不像我的贝丝了
She doesn't even look like my Beth any more!
就像她已经离开了一样
It's like she's already gone,
她也带走了我一半的灵魂
and she's taken half my soul with her,
在这些事里我根本找不到上帝
and I can't find God in any of this.
母亲和父亲不在身边 支撑我们承受这一切
We have no mother and no father to help us to endure it.
-你能想象这种感受吗 -可以
- Can you imagine how that feels? - Yes.
我能
I can.
原谅我 小西
Forgive me, Teddy.
我会帮你承受这一切
I'll help you to endure it.
妈妈以前常这么做
Marmee used to do that.
天一亮她就会再次触碰你了
She'll be doing it again by daybreak.
多亏了你
Thanks to you.
我还担心你会骂我
I was afraid you might let fly at me.
这次不会
Not this time.
我还挺喜欢你发火的样子
I quite like it when you let fly.
每次发完脾气你都会内疚
And you're always sorry afterwards.
那天送梅格去莫法特家我发脾气了
Did I say sorry for letting fly that day
我道过歉了吗
we drove Meg to the Moffats'?
没有
No.
我很抱歉 现在也是
Well, I was. And I am.
我一想到有人要抢走我姐姐
I just get mad, and wild, at the thought of somebody
我就生气失控
coming to carry my sister off.
有一天也会有人来抢走你的
Somebody will come and carry you off, one day.
我不想要那样
I don't want them to.
小西
Teddy?
拜托
Please.
请你当我的朋友就好
Please just be my comfortable friend.
这样比较好
That's better.
这花捱不过这个严寒之夜
This won't survive another night in that cold wind.
我想着如果放在这里
I thought that if I put it here,
她醒来后第一眼看见的就会是这朵花
it will be the first thing she sees when she opens her eyes.
第二眼看见的就是我们母亲的脸
And the second thing she'll see will be our mother's face.
如果上帝宽恕她 我以后再也不会抱怨
If God spares her, I will never complain again.
如果上帝饶恕她 我余生都会爱戴祂
If God spares her, I will love Him all my days.
但如果人生就是如此
But if this is what life is
如果以后也是这般艰难
if it's going to be as hard as this
我不知道我们如何才能撑下去
I don't know how we'll ever get through it.
贝丝
Beth?
她的手更冷了
Oh, her hands are colder.
是妈妈 她回来了
It's Marmee. She's home!
-妈妈 -妈妈
- Marmee! - Marmee!
烧退了 她的呼吸恢复正常了
The fever's turned - she's breathing natural!
谢天谢地
Praise be given!
贝丝 贝丝 我的乖女儿
Beth. Oh, Beth, my darling girl!
父亲和你一起回来了吗
Did Father come with you?
没有 但他好些了 好多了
No. But he's getting better. So much better.
我要睡觉了 妈妈
I need to sleep now, Marmee.
谢谢你
Thank you.
*愿上帝保佑你*
* May God bless you *
*英明女王*
* Good Queen Bess *
*愿你没有苦难*
* May no woes you betide *
*在这圣诞佳节*
* But love and peace and happiness *
*只有爱 和平与幸福*
* Be yours this Christmas tide! *
*我们最亲爱的人儿*
* Our dearest love these makers laid *
*在这冰雪中*
* Within this maid of snow! *
*接受我们的烟火祝福吧*
* Accept it, and this glad grenade *
*我们是梅格 劳里 艾米和乔*
* From Meg, Laurie, Amy and Jo... *
不能再把小猫们放在屋外了
We really can't leave these kittens outside any longer.
我想趁着汉娜去教堂 把他们偷偷带进来
I thought I'd smuggle them in while Hannah's out at church.
我会坚决否认我知情
I shall deny all knowledge of them being brought indoors.
再说 汉娜现在可喜欢我了
Besides, I'm in Hannah's good books for sitting in
因为我帮她看着布丁的火候
and watching the pudding while it steams.
你有话想和我说吗
Do you want to tell me anything?
是的
Yes.
不过是关于梅格 不是我
But it's about Meg, not me.
她告诉了我她去莫法特家的事
She told me all about her visit to the Moffats.
她大概一天前来跟我说的
She came to me a day or so ago.
我希望你准备好了也能来告诉我
I had hoped you would come to me, in your own chosen time.
妈妈
Marmee...
夏天时 布鲁克先生偷了梅格的手套
In the summer, Mr Brooke stole Meg's glove...
之后一直放在自己口袋里
And he keeps it in his pocket!
劳里看见了
Laurie saw.
在他的口袋里啊 妈妈 这太可怕了
In his pocket, Marmee! Isn't that a dreadful state of things?
你觉得梅格喜欢约翰吗
Do you think Meg cares for John?
约翰
John?!
我们在华盛顿期间
While we were in Washington,
你父亲和我开始称呼约翰的教名
your father and I started to call Mr Brooke by his Christian name.
鉴于他没有家人 我想他喜欢这样
As he has no family, I think he likes it.
我们也喜欢他
And we like him.
他和我们说起梅格时很诚恳
He spoke to us very sincerely about Meg.
但他偷了她的手套
But he stole her glove!
而且从没告诉过她
And never said a word about it to her face!
你为什么如此生气 乔
Why are you so angry, Jo?
因为他们会在家里各个角落卿卿我我
Because they'll go lovering all over the house,
我们都得避开
and we'll have to dodge them!
因为他会赚到一点钱
Because he'll scratch up some sort of fortune,
然后把她带走 将这个家撕开一个大洞
and drag her away,and tear a great hole in the family,
到时一切都完了
and it will be the end of the way things are!
但你为何如此反对
But why do you object so much?
这很正常 也很正确
It's natural, and right,
你们迟早都应该建立自己的家庭
that you should all go to homes of your own, in time.
要是可以 我想娶梅格
I'd marry Meg myself, if I could.
如果那样能保护她安全 不让她离开
If it would keep her safe and close.
我想那样的安排会很奇怪
I think that would be a very odd arrangement.
你父亲和我已经把约翰的心意转达给了梅格
Your father and I have told Meg all about John's interest,
我们坚持他必须追求她三年才能娶她
and that we insist on a three-year courtship before marriage.
三年 妈妈 那太短了
Three years, Marmee? That's no time at all!
我当然想把女儿们永远留在身边
Well, I would like to keep all of my girls for as long as I can,
但我也希望你们得到好男人的真爱
but I also want real love, for all of you, from good men!
真爱需要时间发酵
The former takes time to flourish,
好男人也不容易找
and the latter are not lightly found.
梅格还没爱上约翰 但她会的
Meg doesn't love John yet. But she will.
到时大家都得接受
And everyone will have to bear it.
*这是个欢乐的季节*
* Tis the season to be jolly *
*啦啦啦啦啦*
* Fa la la la la La la la la *
*披上我们美丽的服装*
* Don we now our gay apparel *
*啦啦啦啦啦*
* Fa la la la la la la la la... *
乔
Jo?
乔
Jo?
牙医
牙医
你为什么要我下楼
Why are you bringing me downstairs?
我平时要更晚一些才下楼
I don't come downstairs until much later usually!
今天不是寻常的日子 贝丝
Today isn't a usual sort of day, Beth!
展翼鹰出版社
我给你买♥♥了一袋橘子
I bought you a bag of oranges.
买♥♥这个不对吗
Is that the wrong thing?
我以为照现况来说 给你这个比坚果要好
I thought it would be better than nuts, in the circumstances.
什么现况
What circumstances?
你不是去看牙医了吗
Weren't you at the dentist?
不是
No.
刚刚有个出版商接受了我的故事