我也是
So am I.
瓦尔登湖
船库
劳里说他的来客是英国人时
When Laurie said his visitors were English,
我还以为会非常时髦 正式
I thought it would all be very smart and formal.
我甚至买♥♥了新手套
I even bought new gloves.
给我吧 我要回去 坐在船具那里
Give them to me. I'm going back to sit by the hampers.
你要乘坐哪国的船 梅格丽特小姐
And which ensign do you sail under, Miss Margaret?
英国还是美国
The Union Jack or the Union Flag?
我应该让客人们感到宾至如归
I dare say I ought to make our guests feel welcome.
手势真可爱 选择也不错
A delightful gesture and a very good choice.
他们在那儿 我们来追你们了
There they are! We're coming for you!
艾米 你敢
Amy! Don't you dare!
乔
Jo!
他们让你过来和我说话的吗
Have they sent you up here to talk to me?
不是
No.
我自己来的
I just came.
我不敢和他们说话
I'm scared to talk to them.
你很害羞吗
Are you shy?
我不是
I'm not.
但我不能说自己是个有趣的人
Although I can't claim to be particularly interesting.
我以前能谈论两件事 打猎和板球
I used to be able to talk about two things - hunting and cricket.
但我打猎时摔断了腿
But I broke my legs hunting,
我觉得我们俩又谈不了多少板球
and I can't think you and I would get very far with cricket.
我随身带着牌呢
I have a pack of cards with me.
不了 我打牌的技术还不如聊天呢
No, I'm worse at cards than I am at conversation.
如果你想试着聊聊板球 我会认真听的
If you'd like to try cricket, I will listen very hard.
你喜欢那本德国诗集的译文吗
Did you enjoy the translation of the German poem?
我在星期天放进你们的邮筒里了
I left it in your mailbox on Sunday.
-是你放的 -是的
- Oh, that was you. - Yes.
我们还以为是劳里
We all thought it was Laurie.
你会读德文吗 马奇小姐
Do you read German, Miss March?
我父亲在教我
My father was teaching me,
但自从他随军去了华盛顿后 我就有些跟不上了
but I've fallen behind since he went to Washington with the Army.
也许你们的家庭教师可以对此进行补救
Perhaps the deficiency might be remedied by your governess.
我就是家庭教师
I am a governess.
有薪水的家庭教师吗
A paid governess?
我在金家工作
I work for a family called the Kings.
他们有四个孩子
They have four little children.
我明白了
I see.
劳里没有说清楚你的职业
Laurie didn't make your position entirely plain.
请允许我失陪一下
You must excuse me.
我本希望能和沃恩小姐成为朋友
I had hoped that Miss Vaughn and I might be friends.
如果你身为女性又想要工作
I think perhaps ours is the country to belong to,
英国会更适合你
if you have to be a worker.
赚到收入让我非常满足
I get great satisfaction from earning a wage.
我只希望能像你一样享受教学
I only wish I enjoyed teaching as much as you do.
如果劳里是你的学生 你也会享受的
You would, if you had Laurie as a pupil.
等他明年上大学后 我一定会很想他
And I shall miss him, when he goes to college next year.
明年 那很快了
Next year? That's not so very far away.
送他走后我就去参军
I shall wave him off and turn soldier.
我没有会想念我的家人
And I have no family to miss me,
就算我遭遇不测 也没人会在乎
or even care, should I not be spared.
劳里和劳伦斯先生会非常在乎
Laurie and Mr Laurence would care a great deal.
如果你受到任何伤害 我们都会非常伤心的
And we would all be heartbroken if you came to any harm.
谢谢你
Thank you.
梅格小姐 现在我们去船具那边吧
Now, Miss Meg, let's race back to those hampers.
这只老鼠变得挑剔 并且顺从了 乔
This rat's getting particular as well as tame, Jo.
它喜欢芝士
He likes the cheese.
不肯碰火腿
He wouldn't touch the ham.
我说了 我写完这章之前你不能说话
I said you mustn't talk until I've finished this chapter.
乔
Jo?
乔 你看到我的奶色手套了吗
Jo! Have you seen my cream glove?
-我为了劳里的郊游新买♥♥的手套 -没看到
- It's half of the kid pair I had new at Laurie's picnic. - No.
我猜你用来擦柠檬汁了
I bet you used it to mop up lemonade.
没人能弹这架钢琴
Nobody is supposed to play that piano!
抱歉 劳伦斯先生 抱歉
I'm sorry, Mr Laurence! I'm sorry.
我知道我应该弹那架三角钢琴 但...
I know I was supposed to play the concert grand, but...
不 不 不
No, no, no...
天啊
Oh, my word.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我没想吓到你
I didn't mean to startle you.
但我有过一个女儿
But I once had a daughter
她爱这架钢琴 就如我爱她一般
who loved this piano as much as I loved her.
我以为寂静是对她最好的纪念
I thought silence was her best memorial,
但现在我怀疑自己做错了
but now I suspect I may be mistaken.
别停下
Don't stop.
放在这里
Here we are.
请弹吧
Please.
你游遍了意大利
You've travelled all over Italy.
他们那边怎么处理向日葵
What do they do with the sunflowers over there?
我不想让皱皱阿姨和小鸡们中毒
I don't want to poison Aunt Cockle-top and the chicks!
皱皱阿姨和小鸡们正在吃掉地面上的所有种子
Aunt Cockle-top and the chicks are eating every little seed that falls to earth.
我觉得它们不像中毒的样子
They don't look like they're being poisoned to me.
梅格和布鲁克在我们的温室里待了好久
Meg's been in our hothouse with Brooke for a long time.
什么意思
What do you mean?
她只是去取一棵他养大的橘树
She only went to fetch the orange tree he's been raising from a pip
我想说的就是
and all I have to say is,
取一棵橘树能用多久
how much fetching does an orange tree take?
你在暗示一些我根本不在乎的事
You're insinuating things and I don't care for it.
你不至于如此 梅格也是
You're better than that and so is Meg.
如果我不知道她的奶色手套在哪儿
It might be insinuating if I didn't know
或现在在谁那里
where her cream glove was.
那还能说是「暗示」
Or who had it and still does.
布鲁克拿着梅格的手套呢
Brooke has Meg's glove?
-你怎么知道 -我看见了
- How do you know? - Saw it.
他一直放在他的口袋里
He's had it in his pocket all this time.
-不觉得很浪漫吗 -不
- Isn't that romantic? - No.
很让人讨厌
It's horrid.
坏人
Bad boy.
布鲁克吗
Brooke?
不
No.
是你 为什么要告诉我
You, for telling me.
妈妈 我周一能拿些腌渍酸橙去学校吗
Marmee, can I have some pickled limes to take to school on Monday?
-腌渍酸橙 -现在很流行
- Pickled limes? - It's the fashion.
之前是把小块橡皮削成碎屑揉成球
It used to be pricking bits of India rubber to make balls.
但戴维斯先生说那让人分心 就禁止了
Mr Davies said they were a distraction and forbade them,
所以现在流行腌渍酸橙
so now it's pickled limes.
妈妈
Marmee!
你看布鲁克先生为小花♥园♥给了我什么
Look what Mr Brooke gave me for my piece of the garden.
我有紫罗兰 劳伦斯先生叫它三色堇
And I have pansies. Mr Laurence calls them heartsease
他说这是他最喜欢的花
he says they're his favourite flower.
是电报
It's a telegram.
你们的父亲病重
Your father is very ill
让我立刻赶过去
and I have been asked to go to him at once.
劳里 你能去一趟李园
Laurie, if you would go to Plumfield
找人把信交给马奇叔婆吗
and ask for this note to be given to Aunt March,
不胜感激
I would be grateful.
我还能做什么
Is there nothing else I can do?
我...
I...
我不知道
I don't know.
汉娜 阁楼的棕色箱子呢
Hannah, the brown trunk from the garret.
我们还有足够的提神药和马钱子 但是...
We have sufficient sal volatile and nux vomica, but...
乔 你得帮我买♥♥一些...
Jo, you'll have to get me some more...
颠茄和霍洛威药剂
Belladonna and some Holloway's pills.
-去哪儿买♥♥ -去主街上的药房♥
- Where from? - From the pharmacy on Main Street!
我能做什么
What can I do?
你得帮汉娜替你父亲准备一些亚麻布
You must help Hannah prepare some linen for your father.
我不在的这段时间 你得帮她洗衣服
And while I'm away, you must help her with the laundry.
我们能做什么
What can we do?
祈祷
Pray.