祈祷我能买♥♥得起去华盛顿的火车票
Pray that I may be able to afford the train to Washington.
尽快
Soon.
祈祷我去得不算太晚
Pray that I am not too late.
孩子们 帮帮我 帮我承担住
Oh, children, help me. Help me to bear it.
布朗药房♥
-你好 小姐 -你只会说法语吗
- Bonjour, Mademoiselle. - Do you only speak French?
我还要去别处 我得尽快弄完
Because I have to be elsewhere and I need to do this quickly.
你写信向我求助的话
When you send me a written appeal for aid,
至少该摘掉围裙
the least you can do is to await me
在会客厅等我
in the parlour and without an apron on.
我没想到你会亲自过来
I didn't think you'd come in person.
-你要坐下吗 -不用了
- May I offer you a chair? - I think not.
抱歉 小姐 但我们给不了多少钱
I'm sorry, Mademoiselle, but we never pay lavishly.
假发的价值在于其制♥作♥
It's the work that renders a wig so costly.
而你的头发还需要染色
And yours would have to be dyed
很可惜这个发色不太流行
it is a sadly unfashionable colour.
我需要25美元
I need 25 dollars.
我父亲是联邦军牧师
My father is a Union Army Chaplain.
他现在在华盛顿病重入院
He is mortally sick in a hospital in Washington
而我母亲甚至没有足够的钱来买♥♥火车票
and my mother can't even raise the money for her train ticket.
你没有家人参军吗
Don't you have anyone fighting in the War?
我儿子
A son.
25美元
25 dollars.
我讨厌乞讨 我很讨厌
I hate to beg. I hate it.
但你还是这么做了
But you did.
是的
Yes.
而我丈夫仍可能死掉
And my husband may still die.
但至少我过去的话 他不会孤独地死去
But at least, if I go to him, he may not die alone.
是什么病 痢疾
Well, what ails the fool? Dysentery?
伤寒 还是中风
Typhus? Apoplexy?
电报上没说
The telegram didn't say.
那这封信肯定是男人写的
In which case it was indubitably written by a man.
我建议我们最好让位女士过去
I venture to suggest that we had best send a woman there,
好弄清实际情况
so that we might, ascertain the facts.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我买♥♥到了你想要的所有东西
I was able to get you everything you wanted.
你真棒
Oh, you splendid girl.
劳伦斯先生派布鲁克先生去华盛顿办事
Mr Laurence is sending Mr Brooke to Washington on business
他可以陪我同行
and he can escort me on my journey
并确保父亲和我得到所需的任何东西
and is to make sure that Father and I have everything that we might need.
同时 马奇叔婆借车费给我了
Meanwhile, Aunt March is lending me the money for my fare.
我有这个给你
Because I got you this.
这是什么
What is this?
你唯一的美貌
Your one beauty.
乔
Oh, Jo.
汉娜会照顾你们
I leave you to Hannah's care...
劳伦斯先生会保护你们
And Mr Laurence's protection.
马车准备好了
The carriage is ready.
我希望你们牢记这件事
And I want you all to remember this one thing.
不论在华盛顿发生什么
Whatever may come to pass in Washington...
你们都不会成为孤儿
You can never be fatherless under heaven.
相互关照
Take care of each other.
我想去追她
I want to run after her.
让她看见我们挥手告别
I want her to see us waving.
别去 她会知道我们不够勇敢
No. Then she would know that we aren't being brave
那会让她难过
and that would distress her.
如果我们是男孩 就不会这样颤抖了
If we were boys, we wouldn't be quaking and quivering like this.