请你们把注意力集中在教室前方
If you would be good enough to return your attention to the front of the class,
请你们看一下
I'd like you all to direct your attention
这张荷属东印度群岛的地图
to this map of the Dutch East Indies.
金斯利小姐 你在看什么
Miss Kingsley, what is the object of your interest?
荷属东印度群岛的地图 先生
The map of the Dutch East Indies, sir.
我觉得她是在看
I think the object of her interest
马奇小姐桌子里的包裹
is the parcel in Miss March's desk.
马奇小姐能否给大家
And would Miss March like to enlighten us
讲一下包裹里是什么
as to the contents of that parcel?
不 先生 我不能
No, sir, I would not.
腌渍酸橙
Pickled limes!
是的
Yes.
拿出来
Pick them up.
扔到窗外去
Out the window.
-什么 -扔到窗外去 快点 一次两片
- What? - Out the window, now, two at a time!
你在这站到下课
And you'll remain there until recess.
我再也不回去了
I am never going back there.
我不会逼你
And I'm not going to make you!
换了是我 那个恶毒的禽兽就该被抓了
If I had my way, that vicious animal would be arrested!
坐牢太便宜他了
Jail would be too good for him.
他逼我把两打完好的酸橙丢到窗外去了
He made me throw two dozen perfectly good limes out the window!
他不该为此受罚 艾米
That's not why he should be punished, Amy.
就算要惩罚你 也不应该以这种方式
And if he had to punish you, he shouldn't have done it this way!
我只能想到妈妈的表情
All I could think about was Marmee's face!
要是她知道了 会有多失望
And how disappointed she would be when she finds out.
贝丝 你去谈下钢琴吧
Beth, would you please go and play some piano?
音乐能让我们理清思绪
Music might set us back to rights.
克里斯多弗·哥伦布在上
Why in the name of Christopher Columbus
你为什么要弹奏《极乐世界》 贝丝
are you playing Land Of The Leal, Beth?
因为这是爸妈最爱的曲子
Because it's Father and Marmee's favourite!
我能带你去吃晚餐吗 马奇小姐
May I take you in to supper, Miss March?
真遗憾
Quelle dommage!
我已经有了共进晚餐的人
I already have someone on my card for that!
没错 鲁宾·加德纳
I thought so! Reuben Gardiner.
我不会轻易放弃的 你这个迷人的女子
I'm not so easily rebuffed, you bewitching little minx.
我能写下名字预约和你一起跳方块舞吗
May I put my name down for the Lancers?
如果你跳得非常非常好
If you are very, very good,
我可能会和你一起跳四对方舞
I might just accept you for the Quadrille.
不过也是最后一支舞了
It really is the last one left!
请原谅我的无礼
I-I am going to be very naughty and ask you to excuse me.
有一位家族朋友来了 需要我陪
A family friend has just arrived and will expect my company.
不过我不介意让他失望
I don't care to disappoint him!
那位家族朋友
That family friend.
这么说是真的了 大家说的
So it's true, what everyone says, then?
大家
Everyone?
包括我母亲
Including my mother.
「马奇夫人已经盘算好了」 她说
"Mrs March has made her plans!" She said.
盘算什么
Made what plans?
别扇了 这里根本不热
Stop fanning yourself - it isn't even hot!
我给你拿了一杯香槟和一个冰淇淋
I brought you a glass of Champagne, and an ice cream.
我已经喝了太多香槟了
I've had so much Champagne
我的头现在已经开始疼了 明早我会宿醉的
I've already started the headache I'll wake up with in the morning.
大家怎么会觉得妈妈「盘算好了」
How dare people even think that Marmee "Has plans"?
她在给我们做媒
That she's plotting for us to make a match?
她不是那种女人
She's not that sort of woman.
而且我会自己找到心上人的 多谢关心
And I'll make my own match, thank you very much.
总有一天 我也会的
I dare say I will, one day.
不过我肯定不会去计划 算计
But I'm certainly not going to plan, and scheme,
让妈妈的品德受到质疑
and have Marmee's integrity called into question!
梅格 你为什么不吃冰淇淋呢
Meg, why don't you just eat your ice cream?
因为我穿着这借来的鞋子 脚快痛死了
Because my feet burn so in these borrowed shoes
我宁愿把冰淇淋塞进去
that I'd rather just stick them right in it!
别告诉乔 我让她们帮我打扮
Don't tell Jo I let them dress me up.
跟浪漫或是调情有关的她都不喜欢
She doesn't like anything to do with romance, or flirting.
我知道
I know.
也许她会改变想法
She might change her mind.
你要跟我一起进去吗
Are you coming in with me?
我前来正式通知你 我妹妹从你的学校退学
I hereby serve notice of the withdrawal of my sister from your school.
截止到本周为止 学费已随函附上
Fees until the end of this week are enclosed.
马奇小姐是我最喜欢的学生
Miss March was rather a favourite of mine.
她但凡向我道歉 求饶 乞怜
Had she once apologised, or beseeched, or begged me,
我都会停下
I would have desisted.
她是应该道歉
She should have apologised.
但如果她因骄傲而不肯求饶乞怜
But if she was too proud to beseech, or beg,
我支持她
I commend her.
报纸上说联邦军在一战中伤亡惨重
It says here that the Union Army lost heavily at Ball's Bluff.
他们与四队同盟军汇合
They advanced into four Confederate regiments,
在混乱中 许多人因试图游过河而淹死
and in the confusion many men tried to swim the river and drowned.
它肯定固定好了
It's definitely setting.
幸好我没按照说明书 放那么多水
I'm glad I put less water in than the instructions said.
希望他们不要实行征兵制
I hope they don't introduce conscription.
妈妈需要布鲁克先生留在华盛顿
Marmee needs Mr Brooke to stay in Washington,
我不希望他被征走
and I wouldn't want him called away.
等我把这个完成以后
I can send them an artistic model of my foot
我可以送给他们一个我脚的模型
when I've completed this casting.
他们可以把它放在爸爸在床上能看到的地方
They can put it where Father can see it from his bed.
汉娜 我能把这些面包拿给赫梅尔吗
Hannah, may I take this loaf to the Hummels?
如果你自己不想吃的话
You can take it if you've a wish to
想拿就拿吧
and no desire for any bread yourself.
这是我们仅有的一点食物了
It's the last morsel we have,
而且今天是洗衣日 不会再有更多食物了
and seeing as it's a wash day there'll be no more
除非你们姐妹中有人挽起袖子
until one of your sisters rolls up her sleeves
用酵母和盘子再做些出来
and sets to it with the yeast and the proving pans!
我真是受够了 那只猫又要在屋子里生仔了
I've enough to do with that cat having kittens again, in the necessary house.
出不来了
It won't come out!
出不来了
It won't come out!
出不来了
It won't come out!
你不是应该先在脚上涂点油吗
Shouldn't you have greased your foot first?
我不知道 我们得用锤子
I don't know! We need a mallet.
你们谁愿意跟我去赫梅尔家
Will one of you come with me to the Hummels'?
我要写信 有一封是写给妈妈的
I have letters to write, including one to Marmee.
你没看见我正被我的艺术作品搞得焦头烂额吗
And can't you see I am being incommoded by my art?
你这周每天都去赫梅尔家 贝丝
You've been to the Hummels' every day this week, Beth!
赫梅尔有些洗涤工作
Mrs Hummel has some scrubbing work,
但她让洛特留下照看其他小孩
but she's leaving Lottchen in charge of all the little ones.
我感冒了 贝丝
I have a cold, Beth.
我本来应该去马奇叔婆家
I'd be at Aunt March's,
但她受不了我鼻塞的时候给她读书
but she can't stand to hear me read when my nose is blocked.
洛特
Lottchen?
孩子在哪儿
Where's the baby?
洛特
Lottchen?
洛特 孩子在哪儿
Lottchen, where's the baby?
快醒醒 孩子
please wake up, baby!
我带来了面包 还有牛奶
I brought bread with me, and milk.
我会给你们做各种各样好吃的东西
I'm going to make you all sorts of good things to eat!
快醒醒 孩子 快醒醒
Please wake up, baby. Please wake up.
快醒醒
Please wake up!
快醒醒
Please wake up!
我要找班斯医生
I need to see Dr Bangs!
这家人病了多久
How long have the family been ill?
不舒服有一周左右了
A little bit sick for a week or so.
但我今天才看到他身上的疹子
But I only saw the rash on him today.
他妈妈出去干活了 她会付给你诊费
His mother has gone out scrubbing so she can pay you.
我不收诊费
There will be no bill.
我需要给你做个检查
And now I need to examine you.
贝丝
Beth!
医生确定她患了猩红热吗
Is the doctor absolutely sure it's scarlet fever?
他过去两周已经眼看着十多个孩子死去
He's seen a dozen children die in the past two weeks!
要不是我一门心思写东西
I would have noticed if I hadn't been so obsessed
我早该发现了
with scribbling all that rubbish!