required when setting up home.
对我来说 谈论任何其他话题 都是享受
To converse on any other subject can only be a joy to me.
书面提议出版你的书
Well... An offer in writing to publish your novel
应该好好考虑 乔
is not an inconsiderable thing, Jo.
所以我才拿给你看的
That's why I'm showing it to you.
我必须说 三百美元挺值得考虑的
And I have to say, $300 is not an inconsiderable thing, either.
你不能让他们提供的钱数影响到你
You must not let the size of the sum they offer sway you.
这里说了 他们想要「大幅修改」
They say here they want "significant amendments".
金钱不是一切
Money isn't everything.
确实 但我们需要更多钱
No, but we need more of it in this house!
我很幸运找到了这份牧师的工作
I'm blessed to have found a position as minister.
如果我的教区更小些
If my parish is a small one,
需要精打细算过日子 我也仍旧感激
and the living lean, I'm no less grateful.
父亲 我每篇被展翼鹰出版社买♥♥走的故事
Father, I only earn five or six dollars apiece
只能赚五到六美元
for my Spread Eagle stories,
但这钱能修补毛毯
but it paid for the rug to be mended,
在去年冬天给你买♥♥新的雨鞋
and for you to have new galoshes last winter!
能买♥♥来牛肉
It pays for beef,
让贝丝有肉汤喝 让她好起来
so that Beth can have broth to try to build her up.
她得了猩红热后 一直没有好转
She has never been well since she had the scarlet fever.
你对她的关心才最重要
And the care you take of her does you every credit,
但你同时要支持自己
but you must also nurture yourself,
也就是要支持你的写作
and that means to nurture your writing.
这比你以为的更加神圣
It's more sacred than you allow yourself to think.
这不神圣 这对我必不可少 但不神圣
It isn't sacred! It's essential to me, but it isn't sacred.
我有很多事要靠写作来实现 父亲
There are too many things I have to achieve by it, Father!
别为了三百美元而糟蹋你的书 乔
Don't spoil your book for the sake of $300, Jo!
你比你以为得更有才华
You have more talent than you know,
你要让自己的作品成熟
and you should let your work ripen.
像你这样吗
Like you do?
我写这本书已经二十年了
I've been working on my book for 20 years,
没错 它开始结果了
and, yes, it's starting to bear fruit.
这真是非常好的成就 父亲
That is a wonderful accomplishment, Father!
但我享受不了这种奢侈
And a luxury I am not convinced I have!
她不愿等 我跟你说 她不愿等
She won't wait! I'm telling you now, she won't wait.
她将从考验中得到
And she will profit more from the trial
比挫败感更多的益处
than by feeling she's been thwarted.
你觉得会有考验
Do you think it will be a trial?
如果乔要受到批判 我们也帮不了她
Well, we can't save Jo from criticism, if it comes her way!
她一定要将自己的书送入世界
She has to send her book into the world,
正如我们必须对她们放手
just as we have to send our children.
梅格走不远
Well, Meg isn't going far.
那幢房♥子离这里只有十分钟的路程
That little house isn't ten minutes' walk away.
虽然他们没有放木炭的地窖
Even if they don't have a cellar for the coal,
或放餐桌的房♥间
or room for a dining table.
我现在不太确定要选这顶软帽了
I'm not sure about this bonnet now.
我一直在火腿会被猫吃掉
And I can't rest for thinking that the cats will get the ham.
所有婚礼都会这么糟吗
Are all the weddings going to be as bad as this?
来吧 来吧
Come on. Come on.
我找到更多发夹
I found more hairpins!
我想确保面纱被固定住
I want to be sure the veil's fixed on!
等一下
Just a minute!
我想好好亲吻你们每一个
I want to kiss you all so much.
但我怕亲吻会变成拥抱
But I'm afraid that kisses would turn into me throwing my arms around you,
让你们完美的打扮都白做了
and all this perfection will be utterly undone!
这是发夹 如果需要的话
Here are the hairpins, in case you need them.
在楼下等你们
See you all downstairs.
下去 下去
Get off there! Get off now.
你快下去
Get off, you!
愿主赞同你们
May the Lord look with favour upon you
赠与你们恩典
and so fill you with grace
让你们今生相伴
that you may live together in this life
天长地久
and in the world to come have life everlasting.
阿门
Amen.
阿门
Amen.
你可以亲吻新娘了
You may kiss the bride.
抱歉 约翰 第一个吻要给妈妈
Oh, I'm sorry, John! The first kiss is for Marmee!
我总是说我会把珍珠
I always said that my pearls would go
送给我第一个订婚的侄孙女
to the first of my great-nieces to become engaged.
如果我决定将它们赠给新娘
And if I must present them to a bride,
而不是戴着钻戒的未婚妻
and not to a fiancee with a new ring sparkling on her hand,
也是我的意愿
that is no-one's doing but my own,
尽管我不在意 我还是请求你的宽恕
and though I do not care to, I entreat your pardon.
谢谢你 马奇叔婆
Thank you, Aunt March.
谢谢你
Thank you.
过来坐
Here. Sit.
我还以为你会一直踩我的脚呢
I thought you'd be treading on my feet more.
我一直在数节拍 你只是看不到我的嘴在动
I'm counting like crazy. You just can't see my lips move.
贝丝越来越虚弱了 劳里
Beth's fading, Laurie.
她会好起来的
She'll be all right.
一切都会好起来的
Everything will be all right.
贝丝会在你的婚礼上跳舞的
Beth will dance at your wedding, too.
我的婚礼 不 劳里
My wedding? Oh, no, Laurie!
每个家里都会有位老处♥女♥
There should always be at least one old maid in a family
我已经决定 就是我了
and I've made up my mind that it's going to be me!
乔 我在大学里一直在想你
Jo! I miss you all the time when I'm away at college.
不 你才没有
No, you don't!
你每隔几天都会爱上一位新姑娘
You fall in love with a different girl every fortnight!
我们能换个话题吗
Can we change the subject, please?
可以 但你逃不掉
We can, but it won't go away!
时光不会停留 乔
Time won't stand still, Jo.
我真希望能停下
I wish it would.
我也不愿再谈论爱情了
And I don't want any more talk of love.