小妇人
第二集
乔
Jo!
乔
Jo!
乔 你拿了卷发纸吗
Jo, have you got the curling papers?
之前楼梯口的梳妆台里有一整盒呢
There was a whole box full in the dresser on the landing!
妈妈把它放在那的时候 说让我们一起用
Marmee left them and said we were to share them!
艾米 我拿卷发纸有什么用
Amy, what use do you suppose I have for curling papers?
抱歉
Sorry.
我忘了
I forgot.
贝丝 贝丝
Beth! Beth!
「妈妈 希望你能看见
"Marmee, I wish you could see how well
我们这群小妇人生活得有多井井有条
your troop of little women have marshalled themselves.
这情景对爸爸的疗效胜过任何华盛顿的药物
It would do Father more good than all the medicine in Washington.
你一到 布鲁克先生就发了电报 他真是英雄
Mr Brooke was a hero to telegraph as soon as you arrived.
知道情况并没有那么糟之后
Just to know that the news was not the worst
已经足够让我们欣喜若狂
was enough to send us wild with happiness,
于是我们像士兵一样 回到家中各自的岗位上」
and back to our posts in the house like soldiers."
贝丝 贝丝
Beth! Beth!
你看见卷发纸了吗
Have you seen the curling papers?
妈妈说我该自己弄发型了
Marmee said I was to start doing my own hair.
没看见 妈妈说你不该在工作日卷头发
No, and Marmee also said you shouldn't put papers in on weekdays.
妈妈又不在
Marmee isn't here.
「我们绝无半点差错」
"You wouldn't find a single fault in us, I promise."
卷发纸
The curling papers!
我就知道有人拿了
I knew someone had taken them!
你要去哪儿
Where are you going?
周四我要在安妮·莫法特家住
On Thursday, I'm going to stay at Annie Moffat's.
你之前怎么不说
You didn't say!
劳伦斯先生刚刚才同意
I only just got permission from Mr Laurence.
妈妈把所有事情都托付给他了
Marmee entrusted him with all such matters.
妈妈还说让我们安心做清贫的工作
Marmee also told us to be indigent about our work.
你抛下穷学生 跑去别人的豪♥宅♥寻欢作乐
How can you be indigent when you abandon your poor pupils
这怎么叫甘于清贫
to go gallivanting off at somebody's mansion?
她说的是勤奋 不是清贫
The word is diligent. Not indigent!
我的穷学生和父母一起去海边了
And my poor pupils are going to the ocean, with their parents,
因为城里闹猩红热
because there's scarlet fever in town.
他们要办一场舞会
There's going to be a ball.
安妮的姐姐贝拉订婚了
Annie's sister Belle just got engaged!
莫法特家要办舞会
A ball at the Moffats'...
从头到脚都要优雅
It's all going to be so elegant!
你想订婚吗
Would you like to be engaged?
我将来想嫁人
Oh, I'd like to be married, one day.
你穿着这件破烂的薄纱裙可钓不到丈夫
Well, you won't catch many husbands in this shabby old tarlatan!
妈妈总说 第一个参加舞会的人
Marmee always said the first one of us
可以穿那条紫罗兰色的丝绸裙子
to get to go to a ball would wear that violet silk dress,
她一直用特别的包装纸珍藏着
the one she keeps wrapped up in the special paper.
没时间打扮了
There isn't time to make it over.
只能穿这条破纱裙凑合一下了
This shabby old tarlatan will have to do.
反正你也会穿毁掉
Well, you might ruin it, anyway.
你把我就裙子的袖子卷起来
Like when you turned the sleeves on my old dress
比紧身胸衣还下流
and they came out bluer than the bodice.
我在学校当笑料已经好几天了
I was a figure of fun at school for days!
我还欠十多个腌渍酸橙
And it's bad enough that I owe at least a dozen pickled limes!
腌渍酸橙还流行吗
Are pickled limes still the fashion?
是啊 哪怕戴维斯先生禁止了
Yes. Even though Mr Davis has forbidden them.
我欠了一屁♥股♥债 因为我还不起
And I am dreadfully in debt, because I can't return them.
你知道当弱势群体是什么滋味
You know what it's like to be socially disadvantaged.
给你25分买♥♥腌渍酸橙 够不够让你重拾尊严
Will 25 cents buy enough pickled limes to restore your dignity?
马奇太太
Mrs March?
我让旅馆老板娘
I asked the landlady of the boarding house
煲了一罐茶牛肉汤
to make up a jug of beef tea.
她还包了吐司和一点水果
She packed it up with some toast, and a little fruit.
马奇先生什么都吃不下
Mr March isn't able to eat anything.
但你能
But you are.
你一定要吃点
And you must.
早上好 玛丽
Good morning, Mary.
我今早为了学代数早来了
I came in early this morning for extra algebra.
腌渍酸橙 你真勇敢
Pickled limes! You're brave.
戴维斯先生今早喝了太浓的咖啡
Mr Davis took his coffee way too strong this morning.
他紧张又生气
He's as nervous as a witch, and as cross as a bear!
艾米·马奇竟然有腌渍酸橙吃
Amy March has pickled limes!
我就知道 隔着院子你都闻得到
I might have known you'd smell them from across the yard.
你也总能闻到我的 塌鼻子
You could always smell mine. Flat nose or no flat nose.
我今晚想穿白裙子
I wanted to wear white tonight,
但妈妈说初次参加社交的女孩和新娘才穿白色
but Mother said that was for debutantes and brides -
我已经参加过社交了
I've been a debutante already,
我们已经在策划我的婚礼礼服了
and we're already planning my wedding gown!
你从劳伦斯家带来的花
Oh, these flowers you've brought from the Laurences' -
好香 梅格
they're delicious, Meg!
他家的小伙子要宠坏你了
The young man of the house is clearly out to spoil you!
萨丽 其实是他家的老头
Sallie, I think you'll find it was the old man of the house.
劳伦斯先生知道我喜欢分享
Mr Laurence knows I like to share.
这只是你的喜事之一
And that is just one of the many very delightful things about you.
虽然我们觉得
And although we all think that
你已经没法变得更美了
there couldn't really be a much prettier version of you...
你的胳膊最漂亮
You have the loveliest arms of all of us,
腰也最细
and almost the smallest waist.
我穿了新紧身衣才瘦了一厘米
I only have that half-inch less because of my new corset!
你穿新礼服 配上法式高跟鞋
You would look so adorable in a brand-new gown,
肯定可爱极了
with French heels to match it,
再加一支银纸束柄的花
and maybe one of these flowers in a little silver holder.
但我哪样都没有
But I don't have any of those things.
我也没办法抱怨 或者道歉
And I can't complain, or apologise,
因为事情就是这样的
because that's just the way things are.
那可不一定
Well. Not necessarily.
你看见我们离开莫法特家时梅格的表情没
Did you see Meg's face when we left her at the Moffats'?
知道自己的姐姐在别人家
It's odd knowing your sister's at somebody else's house
里面全是她喜欢却买♥♥不起的东西 很奇怪
surrounded by things she'd love to have, but can't afford to buy.
只是暂时买♥♥不起
Can't afford to buy now.
她会嫁给一个让她很幸福的人
She may marry a man who will make her very happy.
奈德·莫法特和加德纳家的儿子要去那个舞会
Ned Moffat and the Gardiner boys are going to that ball.
这不好笑 小西
That isn't funny, Teddy!
自从你告诉我
I've felt so...rumpled in my mind
布鲁克把梅格的手套藏进自己的口袋
ever since you told me that Brooke had taken Meg's glove
我心里就一直很乱
and kept it in his pocket.
奈德·莫法特和加德纳家的儿子也不那么坏
Ned Moffat and the Gardiner boys aren't all bad.
他们只是偶尔开下无伤大雅的玩笑
They just like a harmless lark now and then,
我也是
and...so do I.
去城里打打台球
Going to town and playing billiards
喝喝威士忌并非无伤大雅
and drinking whiskey aren't harmless.
如果你失控了
Because if you run wild,
妈妈就不会让我们玩乐了
Marmee will put a stop to all of our good times.
明白了 所以我最好做个冰清玉洁的圣人
I see. In which case I'd better be a double-distilled saint.
你有这么好的机遇还不感恩吗
Why can't you just be grateful for all the chances that you have?
学习的机会 上大学的机会
The chance to study! The chance to go to college!
多年生活在书本和创意中的机会
The chance to spend years of your life with books, and ideas!
你说得好似我会享受一般
You say it as though I might enjoy it.
我就会很享受
I'd enjoy it.
你准备这一路回家都要给我说教吗
Are you going to deliver lectures all the way home?
要是这样的话
Because if you are,
我就要去找巴士回家了
I'm going to walk someplace where I can take a bus.
我只是担心你 劳里
I just worry about you, Laurie,
因为你很倔
because you've got such a strong will
一旦你走错了路
that if you ever go the wrong way
就没法阻止你了
it won't be possible to stop you!
那你呢 当然总是喜欢和人理论
Whilst you, of course, are always entirely open to reason,
永远都不承认自己错了
and never afraid to admit you're in the wrong!
我是认真的 我去坐巴士
I meant what I said! I'll take the bus.
不 我去坐巴士
No. I'll take the bus.
小姐们 我正看着你们
Young ladies, my eye is upon you.