或者我应该说 下午好 马奇小姐[法语]Or should that be bonjour, Mademoiselle Mars?
妈妈说你还在西恩那[法语]Marmee a ecrit que vous serez a Sienne!
你的时态前后颠倒了 艾米
Your tenses are all back to front, Amy!
我一直在努力提高我的绘画水平
I've been making Herculaneum efforts with my art.
我以为欧洲大♥陆♥会激发你的绘画潜能
I thought the Continent would bring out the Raphael in you.
目前来看还没有
It hasn't so far.
我在巴黎试过油画 在尼斯试了素描
And I tried oils in Paris, drawing in Nice
在罗马几乎尝试了一切
and absolutely everything in Rome.
你知道吗
You know...
我开始觉得 也许我并不是天才
I'm starting to think I might not be a genius.
我每次试图坐下写剧本都会这样想
I think the same thing every time I try to sit down and write my opera.
你在写剧本
You're writing an opera?
祖父不想看到我无所事事
Grandfather likes to see me occupied,
但我喜欢莫扎特和贝多芬
and I like Mozart and Beethoven.
尽管音乐方面我也没什么建树
Not that that has got me anywhere.
你回来得正好
You've timed your return to perfection, as it happens.
猫又生崽了
The cat has had kittens again,
得有人照顾它们
and someone needs to take them on,
-汉娜威胁要杀了它们呢 -妈妈
- as Hannah has threatened to run them through her mangle. - Marmee.
怎么了
Yes?
我病了
I'm sick...
我也不会再好起来了
And I'm not going to get better.
我从未给她规划过未来
She was the one that I never made plans for.
她是那个...
She was the that one I...
我无法想象会结婚的女儿
I couldn't imagine married.
她是那个...
She was the one that...
我无法想象会怀抱孩子的女儿
I couldn't picture with an infant in her arms.
她早就知道自己活不长了 妈妈
She knew she was dying for a long time, Marmee...
我只知道...
And all I know was that she...
她永远不会离开家
She would never leave home!
我对此非常高兴
And I was content with that.
我可以保证她的安全
I could keep her safe here!
现在她要去离家很远的地方了
And now she's going to go so far away from home,
我无法指引她 保护她
I won't be able to guide her or protect her.
我无法做她的母亲
I won't be able to be her mother.
她会需要我的 乔
And she will need me, Jo.
她会需要我的
She will need me!
我担心我有点装饰过度了
I'm afraid I might have overdone it with my embellishments.
这么多新鲜花朵 我不妨也爬进花瓶里
So many fresh flowers, I might as well climb into a vase.
抱歉 我给你拿了更多鲜花
I'm sorry. I... brought you some more.
这衣料很棒
This stuff is nice.
这叫做「幻纱」
It's called illusion tulle.
即使别在破旧的长袍外
You can pin it on over the shabbiest gown
也能看起来像烛光中的飞蛾一样闪烁
and shimmer like a moth in candlelight!
多可爱
Which is lovely...
除非你不喜欢飞蛾
Unless you don't like moths.
你愿意跳支舞吗 艾米
Would you care to dance, Amy?
舞会上当然要跳舞
One generally does at a ball.
乔
Jo.
孩子们让你累了吗
Do the babies tire you?
是的
Yes.
艾米 贝丝
乔 梅格
贝丝 亲爱的
Beth, dear...
你将踏上一段旅程
You're going to have to go on a journey...
千万不要害怕
And you mustn't be afraid.
你一直比自己以为的更勇敢
You were always braver than you knew.
在此休息 直到你准备好了
Rest here, until you're ready.
「照顾好艾米 小西
"Take care of Amy, Teddy. Stop.
爱你的乔」
With love. Stop. Jo."
妈妈让我跟卡罗尔姑妈和弗洛伦斯待在这儿
Marmee says I'm to stay here with Aunt Carroll and Florence.
我一直想让你哭出来
I keep wanting to tell you to cry.
我哭不出来
I can't.
我一直记得贝丝得猩红热时我写的那封遗嘱
I keep remembering that will I wrote when Beth had scarlet fever.
我没记错的话 你把石膏马遗赠给我了
You bequeathed me a plaster horse, if I recall correctly.
我在脑海中...
I had my death...
预演了我的死亡
All rehearsed in my mind.
也预演了贝丝的死亡
I had Beth's all rehearsed and ready too.
我以为这会让我心碎
I thought it would tear me open...
让我像房♥屋一样被烧毁 但现在...
Burn me down, like a house. And now...
我僵住了
I'm just frozen.
我每天都会来看你的 艾米
I'll come to see you every day, Amy.
你保证
Promise me?
是的
Yes.
妈妈觉得我不应该把这个留在卧室了
Marmee thought that I shouldn't keep this in my bedroom any more.
我想过放进会客厅
I thought to put it in the parlour...
但这是贝丝的
But, it's Beth's
最好这段时间内我都看不到 会比较好
and I don't think it should be where I can see it for a while.
放在我这里吧
It can have a home with me.
帮我
Help me.
当然
Always.
你得写作 乔
You have to write, Jo.
你得写作
You have to write.
搜寻你的内心
Sift down through your heart,
搜寻所有痛苦
through all the pain...
和悲伤
And grief.
里面有语句
There are words there.
有位妇人
There's a woman there.
那就是你
And it's you.
但我不知道那些话语是什么
But I don't know what the words are.
我不知道说什么
I don't know what to say.
说你曾快乐
Say you were happy once.
说有过欢笑
Say there was laughter.
说出真♥相♥
Say what is true.
我的贝丝
My Beth.
在阴影中静静♥坐♥下
Sitting patient in the shadow
直到幸福生活来临
Till the blessed life shall come
宁静圣洁的存在
A serene and saintly presence
洗净我们的罪孽
Sanctifies our troubled home
妹妹离我而去
My sister passing from me
只因人文关怀与冲突
Out of human care and strife
将这些美德留给我
Leave me as a gift those virtues
使你的生活更加美好
Which have beautified your life.
乔瑟芬·马奇书
By Josephine March.
致编辑
小妇人之书
好了 小姐
Thank you, Miss.
乔
Jo!
别让孩子们进来
Don't let the babies in!
进来就该看到圣诞惊喜了
They won't get a Christmas surprise if you do!
孩子们跟妈妈和汉娜在厨房♥里呢
They're with Marmee and Hannah in the kitchen.
父亲给我看了《戈德杂♥志♥》上刊登的你的诗文
Father showed me your poem in Godey's magazine.
很美 乔
It's beautiful, Jo.
编辑和我约了四篇故事
The editor ordered four stories
如果我想写 还有四篇诗文
and as much verse as I care to write.
他说他很喜欢
He said that he liked them
因为文章很纯粹 温暖 坦率
because they were pure, warm and honest.
剪下来 钉在你书桌上方的墙上
Cut it out and pin it to the wall above your desk,
让自己看看你多厉害
so you can see what you can do.
我刚刚把剪刀弄坏了
I just broke my scissors.
送予乔·马奇
你的朋友
巴尔教授
我得把你的船重新折一遍
I've had to do yours all over again.
折成这样 根本哪儿也去不了
It will never sail anywhere folded like this.
劳里 那艘纸船能横渡大海
Laurie, that paper boat could sail across oceans.
能一路漂回家里
It could sail all the way back home!
快回岸上来 艾米
Get back on the bank, Amy.
我已经救过你一次了 不想再来一次
I've saved you from drowning once before, I'm not doing it again.
好了 把你的给我
OK, give me yours now!
它们哪儿也没去
Oh, they're not going anywhere.
这样倒是挺好的
I'm not sure I want them to.
我挺喜欢它们并排靠在一起的样子
I quite like them just sitting there side by side.
踏上同个旅程
On the same journey.
我们也是同个旅程 不是吗 艾米