Good girl. Good girl!
你还没告诉我 你是怎么熬过来的
You didn't tell me. How did you ever survive it?
我也不知道 梅格
Oh, I don't know, Meg.
我觉得女人永远也不会知道
I don't believe women ever know.
但我熬过去了 我们都是这样
But I did. We do.
你也会的
And you will.
我保证 你会的
I promise you, you will!
看看你 约翰 拥有一切的男人
Look at you, John! The man who has everything!
我终于有个家了 我再无所求
l have a family at last. I can want for nothing else.
什么时候能知道是男孩还是女孩
When do I find out if it's a boy or a girl?
会知道的
You'll see.
来吧
Come!
别睁开眼
Don't open your eyes yet.
-惊喜 -好家伙
- Surprise! - By Jupiter.
是双胞胎
Twins?!
一个男孩 一个女孩
A boy, and a girl!
我给一个戴了蓝色蝴蝶结 另一个戴了粉色的
I put a blue bow on one of them and a pink one on the other,
法式时尚
French fashion.
这是今年的快乐
It's the joke of the season, isn't it?
一儿一女
A son and a daughter.
你觉得有一天她会问我
Do you suppose one day she'll say to me,
「你是怎么熬过来的」吗
"How did you ever survive this?"
很有可能
Very possibly.
而你会说 「你会的」
And you can say "You will."
谢谢你 妈妈
Thank you, Marmee.
劳里一会可能会经过
Laurie might ride by in a moment.
他今晚去打桌球了
He went out to play billiards tonight,
这个时候他一般都会回家了
and this is the time he usually comes home.
他来了
Here he is...
前方一片祥和
All serene on the front!
我喜欢他这个样子
I like it so much when he does that.
他看起来那么强壮 健康 快乐
He looks so strong, and well and happy.
再见
Goodbye!
我们会想你的
We'll miss you!
再见
Goodbye!
注意安全 亲爱的
Be safe, sweetheart.
给我们写信
Write to us!
我到了英格兰就写
I'll write when I get to England!
再见
Goodbye!
秋季的第一丝寒意
First nip of fall in the air.
今天没写东西吗
No pen and no ink today?
这周我在每个房♥间都写了东西
I've penned and I've inked in every room in the house this week,
只有在阁楼中才最有效率
and not one has proved more conducive than the garret.
你又要去哪浪荡
Where are you floating off to,
满身都是香水味 头上还涂了发油
on that cloud of cologne and pomade?
尤金伲亚·兰德尔家
Eugenia Randall's house.
尤金伲亚·兰德尔
Eugenia Randall?
就是那个你大二时
Is she the girl you sent a rose to
每早给她送玫瑰的女孩
every morning of your sophomore year?
她要办一个茶会
She's giving a tea party
让大家都去看看她的订婚礼物
so everyone can see her engagement presents.
她很漂亮顽皮 是个不错的调情对象 但是
She was a delicious romp, and a fine flirt, but...
妈妈不喜欢那样的女孩
Marmee doesn't like that sort of girl.
你妈妈也没有把女儿教成那样
Marmee didn't raise that sort of girl.
就算她同意 我也不知道怎么调情
I wouldn't know how to flirt, even if she had allowed it.
我经常调情
I flirt constantly.
情不自禁
I can't help myself.
但我真正喜欢
But what I really like are
是通情达理 直率 端庄的年轻女子
sensible straightforward, modest young women.
乔
Jo?
乔 亲爱的 过来一下
Jo, dear! I want you.
劳里
Laurie.
我们不可能的
This won't do.
怎么了 乔
What is it, Jo?
我想离开
I want to go away.
去哪儿
Where?
去大城市的医院
To a hospital in a big city,
接受护士培训
to train to be a nurse.
不 乔 不
No,Jo! No.
不 况且 战争结束了
No. Besides, the war is over.
你觉得因为国家恢复和平
Do you think disease has stopped existing,
疾病就不复存在了吗
because the country is at peace?
人们总是需要帮助 妈妈
People will always need help, Marmee!
那你需要什么 乔
And what do you need, Jo?
如果我说的不对 不要介意
Because, and forgive me if I sound disrespectful,
但我可不相信你关心的是
I don't believe the state of the sick and the suffering
疾病和苦难
is your principal concern.
我不想一辈子都生活在
I need to not live out my entire life
我出生的这个小镇
in the tiny town where l was born!
我需要开阔眼界
I need to see things,
有所成就
and be things,
如果不这样做
because I'm terrified that if I don't,
我害怕我创作的灵感会枯竭
my writing will have to be forced out of nothing,
我的作品会一无是处
and go nowhere!
而且我需要离开劳里
And I need to get away from Laurie.
他很...
He's become...
迷恋我
fond of me.
而且...
And...
你觉得自己不能喜欢他吗
You don't think you could become fond of him?
不
No.
我爱他
I love him,
但我对他是兄妹之爱
but like I've always loved him. Like a brother.
而且... 这不会改变
And... That won't change.
我知道它不会变
I know it won't change!
很好
Good,
因为你和劳里...
because you and Laurie...
你们太像了
You're too much alike,
你们都脾气暴躁且生性要强
both have hot tempers and strong wills.
婚姻需要无尽的耐心和宽容 乔
Marriage takes... infinite patience and forbearance, Jo.
还有爱
As well as love.
我知道
I know that.
因为我见过
Because I've seen that.
但恐怕我和任何人都处理不好这种关系
But I'm not sure I could manage it with anybody.
而且我也不想尝试
And I don't intend to try.
劳里需要的是像贝丝那样的姑娘 妈妈
Laurie needs a girl like Beth, Marmee.
像贝丝那样
Like Beth?
贝丝爱劳里
Beth loves Laurie.
以最温柔 最满怀希望 也最绝望的方式
In the most tender, most hopeful, most hopeless way.
她一直为之所困吗
And that's what's been troubling her?
快要让她心碎了
It's been breaking her heart!
我也会非常难过
And it will break mine too,
如果我妨碍了他们在一起
if I stand in the way of what might be the better thing!
你不会喜欢纽约的
You'll hate New York.
可能吧 但我挺喜欢柯克夫人家
I might. But I like the sound of Mrs Kirke's boarding house.
你要去那给她的孩子做家庭教师
You're going there as a governess to her children.
如果她不需要家庭教师
If she didn't need a governess,
或者她不是妈妈的老朋友
and if she wasn't an old friend of Marmee's,
我根本就不会去纽约
I wouldn't be going to New York at all.
「亲爱的妈妈和贝丝
"Dear Marmee and Beth.
当我在车站与爸爸告别时
I kept trying not to remember Father's face
我努力试着不要回想起他的脸
When I left him at the station.
但是天空放晴 我将这视为吉兆
But the sun came out and I took it as an omen.
独♥立♥自有其魅力
Independence has its charms.
也充满了挑战
It also has its challenges.
我愿意为之改变 而且目前为止我还没有丢过脸
But I make shift, and so far haven't disgraced myself at all.
柯克夫人家里真算得上是鱼龙混杂
Mrs Kirke's house is a veritable Babel.
有两位法国女士
There are two French ladies
和三位从瑞士乘船来此的工程师
And three engineers fresh off the boat from Sweden.
有一位从德国来的教授
There's a professor from Germany.
在他姐姐死后抚养着两个外甥
He's raising two nephews, after his sister died.
他蓄着胡子