我从天亮就开始做了 你们要不要带上
I've been fretting about since sunup, or are you not?
她们肯定会带走的 汉娜
They most certainly are, Hannah.
而且她们会在五分钟内
And they are going to take them
带上馅饼出发
out of the house within the next five minutes!
上学的上班的 都快去
Get to school and get to work!
你好 乔瑟芬小姐
Bonjour, Mademoiselle Josephine.
你的靴子 请在毯子上踩一踩
Your boots, upon the matting, s'il vous plait.
我敢说你和家人一定度过了一个
I dare say you had a fine Christmas with your family,
充满家庭乐趣与温馨的美妙圣诞节
replete with homespun pleasures and the comforts of the hearth?
是的 接下来就是新年了
Yes, we did. New Year next!
希望今年新年比去年好过些
Let us hope it brings the world less anguish than the last one.
你没来 波莉看起来很伤心
Polly was grieved by your absence, it would seem.
我也是
Likewise.
它根本不理我的女佣 也不要她服侍
He doesn't care for that maid of mine, or her ministrations.
它很像我
He's like me.
它隔着九米就能嗅到天主教♥徒♥的味道
He can smell a papist from ten yards.
你想谈谈劳伦斯先生对你的邀请吗
Do you want to talk about your invitation from Mr Laurence?
贝丝 只是简单地邀请你去他家
Beth. It's a simple invitation to go to his house,
弹那架漂亮的三角大钢琴
to play on a beautiful concert grand piano.
贝丝 亲爱的
Beth, dear,
我们同意你不去上学
we agreed you need not go to school
因为那对你是精神折磨
because it troubled your spirits,
我们也同意你帮忙照管家里
and we agreed that you could help to run the house,
让你不至于把时间都浪费了
rather than waste your days.
但如果你都不同外界交流
But if you don't engage with the world,
那你就是自己在画地为牢
all you'll be running is your own prison.
我没有做到父亲期望的 对吧
I'm not doing what father asked, am I?
我没有勇敢地跟内心的敌人斗争
I'm not fighting my bosom enemies bravely.
是的
No.
所以你必须努力尝试
And you have to try.
「在危险的审判过程中
"In such times of dangerous trial,
很多人不敢去调查
many would be deterred from inquiring into
去接受真♥相♥
and embracing the truth,
而另一些人被诱惑
and others tempted
不再坚持他们的坚定和正直」
and drawn aside from their steadfastness and integrity..."
你怎么不把嘴再张大一点
Why don't you just open a little wider
吞了这本书
and swallow the whole book?
对不起 马奇叔婆
Sorry, Aunt March.
我雇你来陪伴我 乔瑟芬
When I engaged you as my companion, Josephine,
是希望你能像我一样
it was my hope that you would come to find
从贝尔谢姆的散文集中
Mr Belsham's Sermons as transporting
找到激♥情♥和乐趣
and restorative as I.
我当时就应该选梅格丽特而不是你
I should have taken Margaret on not you.
她举止文雅 嗓音动听 性格温柔
She has dainty manners, a soft voice and a sweeter nature.
她已经有别的工作了
She also had another job already,
照顾四个小孩
taking care of four small children.
照顾四个小孩会引发心脏病 头痛
Four small children is a recipe for heartache, headache,
和消化不良
and indigestion.
谁家都一样
And it always was.
没人能控制家里的人数
No-one can help how big their family gets.
但他们可以选择自己的爱人
Well, they can help who they fall in love with.
你母亲做的最愚蠢的事 就是嫁给了我侄子
The most foolish thing your mother ever did was to marry my nephew.
他的脑子被神学和哲学填满了
He had filled his skull with theologising and philosophising
没有一丁点空间留给商业
and didn't leave space for a grain of business acumen.
我只希望你和你的姐♥妹♥们♥
I can only hope that you and your sisters
能够吸取教训
learn from her error
别像你母亲一样
and do not do likewise.
去放点干净的沙子到波莉的笼子里
Go and put clean sand under Polly's perch.
然后我们继续读散文集
After which...we may resume the sermon.
是贝尔谢姆的散文集 不是我的
Meaning Mr Belsham's... and not mine.
-你这个野人 劳里·劳伦斯 -艾米
- You savage, Laurie Laurence! - Amy.
真正的野人
A real savage!
艾米 别叫那么大声
Amy! Stop screaming like that!
就是 听你姐姐的话
That's right! Do as your sister says!
还没完呢
Not so fast!
让我来 艾米
Leave this to me, Amy!
我来干掉你 劳里·劳伦斯
I'll beat you, Laurie Laurence!
走着瞧 乔·马奇
I don't think so, Jo March!
你想去剧院吗 乔
Do you want to go the theatre, Jo?
我在写作
I'm writing.
我不是说今天 我是说...
Well, I didn't mean today. I just meant...
这里就是个普通的空中楼阁
It's a regular castle in the air up here.
空中楼阁是你做梦的地方 劳里·劳伦斯
A castle in the air is a place you go to dream, Laurie Laurence.
而这个阁楼是我勤奋工作的地方
This garret is a chamber of industry.
第156页
Page 156.
我不知道你是怎么做到这么坚持不懈的
I don't know how you peg away the way you do.
不浪费任何时间
Never wasting an hour,
紧紧抓住每一个瞬间
never letting one moment go cold.
昨天布鲁克说我是懒鬼 我竟然非常认同
Brooke called me a lazy dog yesterday and I'm afraid I am.
妈妈说每个人都要找到自己的动力
Marmee says it's all about finding a motive.
一个让你起床并全力以赴的动力
A reason to get up and apply yourself.
她可能 也许 绝对是对的
She's possibly - probably - absolutely right.
我只是不知道自己的动力是什么
I just don't know what that motive is, or ever will be.
祖父希望我毕业以后
Grandfather wants me to be
成为像他一样跟印度做买♥♥卖♥♥的商人
an India merchant after college, just like he was.
我宁愿被一枪打死
And I'd rather be shot.
如果我是个男孩 如果我是你
If I were a boy and if I were you,
我会坐上一艘旧船去远航
I would get on one of those old ships and sail away
再也不回来 直到我找到自己的人生之路
and never come back until I'd tried my own way.
我们应该一起去
We should go together.
好啊
All right.
只要你沿途告诉我伦敦 巴黎和意大利
As long as you show me London and Paris and Italy along the way.
成交 去收拾行李吧
Shake on it. And go pack your trunk.
等我写完这一章
After I've finished this chapter.
空中楼阁需要钥匙
Castles in the air need keys.
有时我觉得这就是我的钥匙
And sometimes I dare to think that this is mine.
感谢上帝剧院里是黑的
thank goodness it will be dark in the theatre!
发带上全是褶皱
This brushing braid is hanging off the hem.
我肯定不小心踩了一脚
I must have put my foot through it.
你们要出门
You're going out!
我在楼梯间就闻到了古龙水的味道
I can smell eau de cologne right along the landing
而且汉娜一直在擦拭观剧望远镜
and Hannah's been polishing the opera glasses.
是的 没错
Yes, she has.
因为我们要去剧院
Because we're going to the theatre.
去看《钻石湖七公主》吗
To see The Seven Princesses Of The Diamond Lake?
是的
Yes.
劳里邀请我们跟他和布鲁克先生一起去
Laurie invited the two of us to go with him and Mr Brooke.
那我也要去
Then I'm coming, too!
你不能去 他们没邀请你
No, you aren't, because you haven't been asked.
我们不能给她买♥♥张票吗
Oh, couldn't we buy her a ticket?
这个月轮到我拿零花钱了
It was my turn to have the rag money this month
我还没花掉呢
and I haven't spent it yet.
-谢谢 谢谢你 -不 梅格
- Thank you, thank you! - No, Meg!
就算我们帮她买♥♥票 她也不能一个人坐
Even if we can get her a ticket, she can't sit alone!
你和我也不能单独坐
And neither you nor I can sit alone,
这意味着劳里或布鲁克先生得单独坐了
so that means Laurie or Mr Brooke would have to.
你才是该表现出淑女礼仪的人 梅格
You're supposed to be the one with the ladylike manners, Meg.
我恨你 乔瑟芬·马奇
I hate you, Josephine March!
你会付出代价的 等着瞧
You'll pay for this. Just you wait.
快点
Hurry!
快来
Come on!
抱歉 梅格一直在弄她的头发
I'm sorry! Meg was fussing with her hair.
她不让我再碰发钳了
She won't let me near with the tongs any more!
我的脚一直敲打地面
My feet just chattered on the ground.
我连门铃都没勇气按
I couldn't even ring the bell.
别摘掉你的斗篷和帽子
Keep your cloak and bonnet on.
你可以和我一起去赫梅尔家
You can come with me to the Hummels.
艾米 你也想去吗
Amy, would you like to come, too?
不了 谢谢妈妈 我就待在家里整理艺术盒子
No, thank you, Marmee. I'll stay home and tidy my art box.
今晚有滑稽深红小淘气合唱团
We're promised a Chorus of Comical Crimson Imps,