事实如此
But they do.
下楼去吧
Come downstairs.
会有让你开心的东西
There's something you'll enjoy.
-是你做的吗 -不是
- Did you do this? - No.
有粉色冰淇淋和白色冰淇淋 还有果冻
There's pink ice cream and white ice cream. And jelly!
从来没见过这么精美的东西
You never saw anything so elegant!
隔壁的劳伦斯老先生送来的
Old Mr Laurence from next door sent it.
是个奖赏
It's a reward,
因为他听说我们把自己的早餐送给别人了
because he heard about us giving our breakfast away.
那个孩子刚刚失去了母亲
That boy just lost his mother.
我们得让他感到宾至如归
We must make him welcome.
好烫 好烫 乔 你要把我的头发烧着了
It's burning. It's burning, Jo! You're burning my hair!
夹发钳是这种味道吗
Are the tongs supposed to smoke like that?
当然了 湿气烘干就是这个味道
Of course they are! It's just the dampness drying.
有什么烧糊了 乔
Something's scorching, Jo.
我鼻子这么扁都闻到了
Even I can smell it and I've got quite a flat nose.
胡说 我把这些纸片拿出来后
Nonsense! When I take these papers out,
你们都会看见满头的小波浪卷
you're all going see a cloud of little ringlets!
梅格 天啊 对不起
Meg... Oh, no. I'm so sorry!
太抱歉了
I'm so sorry! So...
你干了什么
What have you done?
乔 你都干了什么
Jo! What have you done?!
就是你要求的 要我帮你烫卷发
I did what you asked me to do, I curled your hair!
你为什么要我来 你知道我会搞砸一切
Why did you even ask me? You know I always ruin everything!
-不是这样的 乔 -今晚就被我搞砸了
- Oh, that's not true, Jo! - It's true tonight!
没了头发我还怎么去参加派对
How can I go to the party without any hair?
你后面还有很多头发
You still have plenty at the back
非常柔顺美丽
that's really smooth and pretty.
你又不是乔 她只有头发那么美丽
And it's not as though you're Jo, whose hair is her one beauty.
别碰那架钢琴
Not that piano.
抱歉 先生 我不知道
There was... I'm sorry, sir. I didn't know.
如果你一定要弹琴
Look, if you must play,
客厅有架三角钢琴
there's a concert grand in the drawing room.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
没人能碰那架钢琴了 我不允许
Nobody plays that piano any more. I don't permit it!
看起来还好吗 乔
Does it really look all right, Jo?
看上去像你引领了一股新潮流
It looks almost like you've invented a new fashion.
你愿意跟我换手套吗
Would you like to swap a glove with me?
我的现在还是皱皱黏黏的
Mine are still all creased and sticky.
-我洗不干净柠檬汁 -我是说只换一支
- I could not get that lemonade out. - I meant swap just one,
这样我们都能戴一支好手套 不好的拿在手上
so we can each wear a smart glove and carry one that's spoiled.
这样会让你开心吗
Will it make you happy?
会的
Yes, it will.
梅格 如果我做错了什么
Meg, if I do anything really wrong,
你能跟我使个眼色吗
will you wink at me?
才不要呢 还是抬眉吧
I will do no such thing! I shall raise my eyebrows.
这样淑女多了
That's much more ladylike.
-干什么 -微笑
- What? - Smile.
你不能一整晚都待在在休息室里 乔
You can't spend the whole evening in the retiring room, Jo.
你没有去跳舞吗
Don't you have any dances?
没有 我不想跳
No. Can't say I do.
奈德·莫法特请我吃晚餐了
Ned Moffat has engaged me for supper!
我得赶快坐下歇会 我的鞋太挤脚了
I can scarcely wait to sit down, my shoes are pinching so!
快点回到宴会上
Please come back to the party.
不然人们会觉得我们不懂礼数
People will think we're being impolite.
苏茜·帕金斯一周要上三节绘画课
Susie Perkins has three drawing lessons a week.
她说人生中没有什么能比得上绘画
She says there's no substitute whatever for drawing from life.
能给我们看看了吗
Can we see it yet?
你看起来灰头土脸的
You look as sooty and black
就像刚从煤仓里爬出来似的
as if you've just crawled out of a coal bin.
谁说我的女儿们没有才华
No-one can say I don't have accomplished daughters!
你知道乔在写小说吗
Did you know that Jo's writing a novel?
我看到阁楼里她的书桌上堆满了书稿
I've seen the pages all piled up on her desk in the garret.
别去打扰乔写作
Let Jo write in peace.
你好 又见面了 你也不喜欢这个宴会吗
Hello, again. Don't you care for the party either?
宴会很好 只是我谁也不认识
It's lovely. It's just I don't know many people.
我也是 而且我头很痛
Me neither. And I have a headache.
我也是 我可能是感冒了
Me too. I think I might have the grippe coming on.
我头上还别着十九支发卡
I just have 19 hairpins stuck in my head.
我让妹妹帮我把发髻松开了
I let my little sister loose on my coiffure.
你妹妹是那位深色头发的还是金色头发
Is that the little dark one or the little fair one?
金色头发的 我们几个你都认识了吗
The fair one. Do you know us all by sight?
我们是邻居 我们应该知道对方的名字
We're neighbours. We ought to know each other's names.
但当你送晚餐感谢信来的时候
And when you sent the thank you letter for the supper,
我看到上面写着
it just said
「马奇家 梅格丽特 乔瑟芬
"Margaret, Josephine,
伊丽莎白和艾米」
Elizabeth and Amy March."
所以我还是分不清谁是谁
So I still don't know which one of you is which!
我叫乔瑟芬 大家都叫我乔
Well, I'm Josephine, but everybody calls me Jo,
除了一个要我伺候还常常对我发脾气的叔婆
apart from one ancient aunt whom I have to wait on and who's usually vexed with me.
我叫西奥多 我讨厌这个名字
I'm called Theodore, and I hate it.
在瑞士学校里的男生常常叫我朵拉
The boys at school in Switzerland used to call me Dora.
最后被我逼着改为劳里
They changed to Laurie in the end. I made them.
你在那里学了不少法语吧
Did you learn a lot of French out there?
「我和家庭教师一起来的
"I came here with my tutor.
但他现在和其他人在吸烟室里
But he is in the smoking room with all the other men,
谈论战争」
talking about the war."
你有家庭教师
You have a tutor?
我祖父坚持要请
Grandfather insisted.
他想让我去哈佛念书
He wants me to go to Harvard,
但是我的成绩达不到他们的要求
but my grades aren't what they need to be.
乔 乔... 我跳舞的时候扭伤了脚踝
Jo? Jo...? I turned my ankle over in the gallop
我发誓我听见了撕裂声
and I swear I heard a tearing sound!
需要我去拿些冰吗
Should I fetch ice?
你得去找台担架 不然我们没法把她送回家
You'll have to fetch a stretcher or we'll never get her home!
我正要让汉娜去接你们
I was about to send Hannah to collect you.
而且我提醒过你穿高跟鞋要当心
And I warned you about those high-heeled shoes.
这是意外 「不优雅 毋宁死」
It was a case of, "Let us be elegant or die!"
她把鞋脱了 以防把另一只脚也扭伤
She took them off in case she sprained the other ankle.
我是西奥多·劳伦斯
I'm Theodore Laurence.
我就住在隔壁
I live next door
这位是我的家庭教师 布鲁克先生 夫人
and this is my tutor, Mr Brooke, ma'am.
我用马车送马奇小姐回来的
I helped Miss March into our carriage,
这样她就不用走路回家了
so that she'd be spared the walk home.
我非常感谢你们二位的关心
Well, I thank you both for your extremely kind attentions.
梅格 你喝酒了吗
Meg, have you been drinking wine?
我喝了潘趣酒 那里面有酒精吗
I had punch. Does that have wine in it?
我这边床上有三个娃娃 贝丝
There are three dolls on my side of the bed, Beth.
这个以前不是我的吗
Wasn't this one mine once?
你把她头顶弄坏了 我在杂货堆里找到了
You broke the top off her head and I found her in the ragbag.
乔 我看见那个叫劳伦斯的男孩站在窗前
Jo, I see that Laurence boy standing at the window,
时不时往下看
looking down, sometimes.
你觉得他孤单吗
Do you suppose he's lonely?
是的
Yes. I do.
妈妈 妈妈 妈妈
Marmee! Marmee! Marmee!
你看见我的胶鞋了吗
Have you seen my rubber overshoes?
如果你不把他们好好收起来
If you don't put 'em away,
别指望用的时候找得着
don't expect them to stay put!
我的石板也找不到了
I can't find my slate either!
贝丝 你看到我的石板了吗
Beth, have you seen my slate?
那上面有算数 我今天要带去学校
It has a sum on it I need to take to school today.
我头痛 艾米
I have a headache, Amy.
女生都会头痛的 贝丝
All girls get headaches, Beth.
我们只能尽力忍♥受
We just have to bear them as best we can.
我头也痛 妈妈 而且我脚踝也很痛
I have one too, Marmee, as well as my ankle smarting.
我能吃点颠茄吗
Can I take some belladonna?
不行 围上围巾 走着去上班就好了
No. Wrap a shawl around your head. The walk to work will cure it.
给女主人的信 我不知道是谁寄的
Letter for the mistress. I don't know who it's from
不过信封上有劳伦斯先生的花押
but it has Mr Laurence's cipher on the envelope.
姑娘们 你们要带走这些馅饼吗
And are youse young ladies ever going to take these hot turnovers