你为何没跟我说罗杰的事
Why didn't you tell me about Roger?
我还是从克莱夫那儿听说的
I had to hear it from Clive.
我有权保留一些隐私吧
I think I'm allowed some privacy.
你都不和我谈心了
You never speak to me any more.
-不再说心里话了 -我们一直有谈啊
- Not properly. - We speak all the time!
说真的 小山羊 你太敏感了
Really, Goat, you're too sensitive.
你自己心知肚明
You know you are.
到这儿来
Come here!
抓到你啦
Got you!
你随身带铅笔了吧
You don't have a pencil on you, do you?
真搞不懂我为何没带
Can't imagine why I don't.
我是上不了战场的
I couldn't possibly fight.
不是因为我很害怕 虽然我是害怕
Not because I'm frightened, though I am.
是因为 那种杀死另一个人的念头
It's...the thought of killing another human being.
-我就是做不到 -即便因此判你入狱吗
- I simply couldn't do it. - Even if they put you in jail?
我对这种可能已经习惯性地接受了
I'm rather used to that possibility.
我想人们都已经习惯于接受
I suppose one has become so used to
每个人都能按照自己的意愿来处理私生活
everyone conducting their private lives exactly as they wish,
到最后都忘了
one forgets.
上周有两个人自杀了
There were those two men who committed suicide last week,
而非去面对庭审
rather than be brought up in court.
你没看报纸吗
Didn't you see the papers?
告诉你个秘密
This is in confidence,
我只看报纸上的图片
I only really look at the papers for the pictures.
我知道这很丢人
It's a disgrace, I know.
你死啦
You're dead!
可怜的邓肯啊
Poor Duncan!
你呀
You!
好了
Right.
你 给我过来 过来
You! Come here! Come on!
动物学系的学生吗 你那位听起来很有趣呢
A zoological student? He sounds interesting, your boy.
天呐 妮莎 我对这种事真的束手无策
God, Nessa, I'm hopeless at this sort of thing.
他算不上我的人 他喜欢女人
He's not my boy, exactly. He prefers girls.
很高兴这个队伍又添深度了
Nice to have a bit more depth in the team.
但你们很要好啊
But you are friendly.
你和...小兔
You and..."Bunny".
小兔
Bunny!
那是儿时的昵称了
It's a childhood nickname.
很友好亲切
Friendly.
正如我对他说的 我已经够"朋友"的了
But as I said to him, I've quite enough "Friends" already.
跟你说过我笨手笨脚的了
I told you, I'm all thumbs.
邓肯老弟
Duncan, old chap.
这里不是还有位艺术家吗
Is there an artist in the house?
不如你来帮帮我太太吧
Help me with my wife, will you?
克莱夫
Clive...
好吧
Righty-ho.
看吧 就知道他行的
See? Knew he'd have the knack.
其实 小兔想要当作家
Actually, he wants to be a writer, Bunny.
天啊
Oh, dear.
我懂的 我对科学类的比较感兴趣
I know. I was rather keen on the scientific angle, myself.
那些对某个领域的规则
There's something so attractive
了若指掌的人 有着特殊的魅力 不是吗
about someone confident of the rules, isn't there?
是吗
Is there?
你不就爱罗杰身上这一点吗
Isn't that one of the things you like about Roger?
他总是对自己的想法无比确定
That he's so certain about what he thinks.
我觉得 应该是吧
I...suppose it is.
我一直羡慕你的一点就是
One of the things I've always admired about you.
你总清楚地知道自己想要什么
You always know so clearly what you want.
你姐姐做事总是惊人得细致周到
Your sister's always so terrifyingly thorough.
还有谁会想到乳♥头♥也要涂色
Who else would have considered the nipples?
设想下乳♥头♥ 它们虽不劳作 但却会旋转
Consider the nipples! They toil not, but they do spin.
改自《马太福音》 原话是形容百合花的
"它们既不劳作 也不吐丝"
你不会已经累了吧
You can't be tired already!
尽管去和他跳吧 只要你还有力气
By all means go and dance with him, if you still have the energy.
你很清楚我更喜欢和你一起跳
I prefer to dance with you, as you well know.
-邓肯 -小兔
- Duncan. - Bunny.
我跟你说得很清楚
I've been perfectly open with you
我只对异性有强烈的欲望
about my raging heterosexuality.
你人很好
You're terribly nice.
《爱丽丝梦游仙境》
"吃下我 喝下我" 喝了饮料会变小
Eat me, drink me, one to grow smaller,
吃了蛋糕会变大 你不觉得这很吓人吗
one to grow bigger, don't you think it's terrifying?
根本就不适合给孩子看
Certainly not something to give to children.
那些坦尼尔的插图
Those Tenniel drawings.
事实上我父亲认识坦尼尔 还是杜·莫里耶来着
Actually, Father knew Tenniel, or was it Du Maurier?
我以前都不敢翻炸脖龙那一页
I didn't dare turn the page in Jabberwocky!
你收到了很多礼物啊 亲爱的
Such gifts you were given, my dear.
又是花环又是羊角的
Garlands, cornucopias.
弗吉尼亚睡不着
Virginia's not sleeping.
我不该喝这么多的
Stupid of me to drink so much.
你看上去异常清醒
You seem terrifyingly sober.
我就是这样啊 不是吗
That's me, isn't it?
她睡不着
She's not sleeping
而且上个月她每天都头疼
and she's had a headache every day for the last month.
我觉得是因为那书
I think it's the book.
她担心书不够优秀
She's worrying it's not good enough.
她可真是个疯子
Oh, she's such a loony!
弗吉尼亚这辈子就只想做个作家
All her life, all Virginia's wanted to be is a writer.
我就是活到100岁也无法理解
If I live to be 100 I'll never understand her.
她非常害怕 妮莎
She's frightened, Nessa.
担心外界会怎么看她 你会怎么看她
Of what the world will think of her, of what you think.
她知道我怎么看她
She knows what I think of her.
一本书不会改变我的看法
A book's not going to change that.
可每个人的认知与感受常常大相径庭
What one knows and what one feels can often be quite different.
我们需要找希斯洛普医生谈谈吗
Do we need to talk to Dr Hyslop?
可能真的需要
I think perhaps we do.
你不应害怕使用佛罗拿[安♥眠♥药♥]来帮助你入睡
You shouldn't be afraid to use the Veronal to help you sleep.
我不是说过吗 你对自己的期望太高
Didn't I say that? You expect too much of yourself.
安♥眠♥药♥会让我的思维乱成一团
It... It clouds my thoughts.
让我的脑袋变得稀里糊涂的
It makes me woolly in the head.
伍尔夫太太 你以前来过这里的 不是吗
Mrs Woolf. You have been here before, have you not?
只要你安心治疗 一切都会好起来的
If you trust to the treatment, all will be well.
吃好 休息好 不要耗脑筋
Feeding, resting, nothing to tax the brain.
否则 我们或许只能考虑将你送到
Otherwise, we may have to think of sending you
某个能让你好好休息的地方了
somewhere you can rest properly.
一旦康复 我能生孩子吗
Once I'm well, might I have a child?
-你说什么 -没有理由不能 小山羊
- I beg your pardon? - No reason why not, Bill.
但前提是你得遵从希斯洛普医生的嘱咐
But only if you follow Doctor Hyslop's advice.
规矩是用来遵守的
The rules are there to be followed.
出自康拉德《间谍》
"她开始害怕听到他们订婚的消息
"Then just as she began to dread to hear of their engagement,
独自在大房♥子里生活 还要照顾史蒂维
"for what could she have done with that big house all alone,
她该怎么办呢
with Stevie on her hands,
就在这时 这桩恋情突然告终
"That romance came to an abrupt end,
温妮看上去也总是一副无精打采的样子
and Winnie went about looking very dull.
但维洛克先生 机缘巧合之下
"But Mr Verloc, turning up
在一楼的前卧室住了下来
providentially to occupy the first-floor front bedroom,
如此一来 那位年轻的屠夫就没有可能了
"There had been no more question of the young butcher.
可真是巧啊"
"It was clearly providential."
就读这么多
And that's your lot.
我睡不着
I shan't sleep.
没关系 躺半个小时准能睡着
Doesn't matter. Head on the pillow, half an hour.
父亲死后 在我疯了的那段时间
You know, when I was mad, after Father died,
我曾以为 鸟儿可以跟我说话
I thought the birds were speaking to me.
用希腊语对我说话
Speaking to me in Greek.
麻雀不都应该是纯正的伦敦腔吗
Aren't sparrows supposed to be pure cockney?
可能是约翰打来谈杂♥志♥的工作
This might be John about the magazine job.
"就像信仰上帝 那仁慈的造物主一样
"Like belief in God, the benevolent creator,
叙事画的黄金时代已经过去
"Narrative painting has had its day.
形式应该脱离生活"
"Form should be separated from life."
罗杰 任何艺术都不应该脱离生活
Roger, nothing should be separated from life.