冲破囚笼
第三集 剧终
"我爱上你了"
"I'm in love with you..."
"我在想 我们应该一起生个孩子"
"I was thinking, we should have a child together."
邓肯
Ah, Duncan.
真狂野[法语]
Very sauvage!
安吉莉卡 我要行使权利 要用强的了
Angelica, my rights! Ravishment!
弗吉尼亚 我不小了
Virginia, I'm far too old.
不行 我坚持 亲亲右耳
No, I insist! The right ear!
今晚没人要用车吧
No-one needs the car tonight, do they?
如果乔治要去车站 沃特可以载他过去
Walter could run George down, if he wanted to go to the station.
不是的 乔治有一些朋友待在布莱顿
Oh, no. George has a few friends staying in Brighton,
乔治·伯根 邓肯的同性情人之一
将来也会和安吉莉卡成为恋人
所以我们打算来个徒步旅行 去见见他们
so we thought we might take a jaunt up to see them.
当然
'Course.
你怎么把头发弄成这样
Whatever have you done to your hair?
你不觉得看起来比较成熟吗
It's more sophisticated, don't you think?
天呐 戏剧学院的腐♥败♥影响
My God! The corrupting influence of drama college...
学院的人都会觉得这是最好的赞美
Well, everyone at college thinks it's most flattering.
我觉得这更能凸显贝尔家的风格 你不觉得吗
I think it brings out the Bell in me, don't you?
你太漂亮了 根本不像克莱夫
You're far too pretty to resemble Clive.
我知道
I know.
我去吧
I'll go.
又一场恋情
Another love affair?
还是朱利安仍想去西班牙
Or is Julian still thinking about going to Spain?
我们谈过这事
There's talk of it.
不过他现在应该好好休息
But he should just be allowed to rest for now.
在中国已经耗费他太多精力了
China's taken enough out of him.
朱利安曾于1935年来到中国
在国立武汉大学教授英文
有些碎片实在太美了
Some of the broken bits are so beautiful.
不用它们做点什么似乎很可惜
It seems a shame not to use them for something.
欧洲正战火连天
While Europe burns...
是啊 我应该织些手套给西班牙难民
Yes, no doubt I should be knitting mittens for Spanish refugees
并发起请♥愿♥来反对墨索里尼先生
and getting up a petition against Mr Mussolini.
我希望你知道你的归来让我们非常开心
I hope you know how marvellous it is for us all having you back.
我想看到邓肯的近况应该没那么开心吧
Not quite so marvellous seeing Duncan's latest, I imagine.
我是指对你而言
For you, I mean.
乔治
George?
他非常迷人
He's perfectly charming.
里顿
Lytton...
我觉得他应该在我们身边
Thought he should be among us.
是啊
Yes.
很棒的想法
Splendid idea.
真不敢相信他已经过世了
It's really almost impossible to believe he's gone.
乔治拿到了皇后玛丽号♥的一张船票
George has managed to get hold of a ticket on the Queen Mary.
其实是两张票
Two, as a matter of fact.
你想要一起去吗
And you intend to go?
你可以接受吗
Would that be all right with you?
我觉得这决定该由你自己来做 不是吗
I rather think it's your decision, don't you?
法律虽然还是很严苛
You know, the laws may still be harsh,
但你在这个世界生存
but you don't need the trappings of a family
不需要用家庭当作掩护
to go about the world.
掩护
Trappings?
我在这里
My being here has
跟世人的看法完全无关 你明知道的
nothing to do with what the world thinks. You know that.
你得按照自己的意愿做事 当然了
You must do as you wish, of course.
但我不认为我能忍♥受
But I don't think I can endure it,
乔治把你从我身边带走
if George takes you away from me.
天呐
God!
我会回来的 我总是会回来的
I'll come back! I always come back.
从美国回来 你确定吗
All the way from America? Are you sure?
他跟别人可不一样 你知道的
He's not like the others, you know.
即使是小兔 我们也能接纳他进来
Even Bunny, it was possible to fold him into our life here.
但乔治想要独占你
But George wants you all to himself.
你绝不能因为内疚而和我束缚在一起
You mustn't be tied to me by guilt.
或是因为安吉莉卡的缘故
Or because of Angelica.
安吉莉卡又不知道我是她父亲
It's not as though Angelica regards me as her father.
每个人都应该按照自己的意愿去活着
Everyone should be free to live as they please,
否则我们就跟我们的父辈一样了
otherwise we may as well be our parents.
圣女贞德
Joan of Arc?
你的演讲主题是什么
Well, what was your talk about?
英国语言
The English Language.
我可不需要主动去勾引制♥作♥人 亲爱的
And I didn't have to seduce the producer, my dear, before I was asked.
我几个月前跟她分手了
Oh, I finished it with her months ago.
-真的 -她来了
- I did... - There she is!
瞧我在BBC遇到谁了
Look who I found at the BBC!
我想我们可以一起喝茶
I thought we could all take tea together.
你好 维塔
Hello, Vita.
见到你真高兴
How nice to see you.
目前在美国卖♥♥了25,000本
25,000 copies in America so far...
但我发誓再也不写长篇故事了
but I've vowed never to write a long book again.
我不知道你怎么做到的
I don't know how you do it.
这本书差点累死我 瓦妮莎可以告诉你
It nearly finished me off, Nessa will tell you.
美国经纪人已经对我发出邀约
Now, the American agent has baited the hook...
如果我过去讲课 每周一千块 包食宿
A thousand a week and expenses if I go over there and lecture.
他们说"内容越私密越好"
"More personal the better," They say.
"分享你对爱情及婚姻的想法"
"Share your thoughts about love and marriage,"
"伍尔夫太太"
"Mrs Woolf."
美国真是全世界最令人震惊的国家
Americans are the most shockable nation on earth.
你真的认为他们准备好去听
Do you really think they're ready to hear your thoughts
你对婚姻的看法了吗
on the married state?
你呢 瓦妮莎
What about you, Vanessa?
我的生活真的非常平静
My life's exceedingly quiet, really.
当然是绘画为主
Painting, of course.
她跟邓肯把自己包裹进美丽的茧中
She and Duncan wrap themselves in a cocoon of beauty.
那景象一定相当壮观
It's a marvel to see.
查尔斯顿是一座专心于艺术的修道院
Charleston's a convent dedicated to art
妮莎则是修道院院长
with Nessa as the Mother Superior.
我是不是变得毫无吸引力了 小山羊
Have I become so stagnant, Billy?
你吗 你可是波希米亚女皇呢
You? The Empress of Bohemia?
我觉得乔治不喜欢我
I don't think George likes me, particularly.
听起来很愚蠢 我懂的
It's foolish, I know...
我似乎也不太喜欢乔治
I'm not sure I like George...
那又怎样 你们又不用上♥床♥
What does it matter? It's not you he's going to bed with.
你知道你最终总能
And you know you always
把邓肯的男友们收得服服帖帖的
win Duncan's boys round in the end.
你的魅力无人能挡
Your charms are irresistible.
-因为那还不够 -老天啊
- Because it's not enough! - Oh, for God's sake...
克莱夫 你知道那是不够的
Clive, you know it isn't.
把双手与信任抛给...
To throw up our hands and trust to...
真与美
to truth and beauty
任由法♥西♥斯♥将人命碾为微尘
and let Fascists grind people's lives into dust!
你完全曲解了我的意思
You're wilfully misunderstanding me!
肯定有我们能帮上忙的事情
Of course there are things we can do!
老天啊 是写信给报社
Oh, Christ! Letters to the newspapers,
还是在小杂♥志♥上发表长篇大论
thoughtful essays in small magazines?
我们没学到一点对社会有用的东西
We have been schooled in absolutely nothing useful to society!
别对克莱夫大声嚷嚷了 那太不对了
I wish you would stop shouting at Clive. It's horrible.
-我们还挺享受的 亲爱的 -就你享受
- We rather enjoy it, my darling. - You might.
我还想着在你们成长过程中已经给予足够多的东西了
I did hope we'd given you many things in your upbringing.
你觉得我心无感恩之情吗
Do you think I'm not grateful?
你们所给的自♥由♥
All the freedom...
可一个人不应该只能自♥由♥地去做♥爱♥
But one can't just be free to make love...
去创作艺术
to make art...
天呐 你一定也明白这点
Jesus! You must see that.
弗朗西斯科·佛朗哥 当时的西班牙首相
我讨厌佛朗哥强加于西班牙的暴行
I hate what Franco is trying to impose on Spain.
但为此献出你的生命 也不会有什么结果的
But giving up your life for it will achieve nothing.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
为什么我的生命
Why is my life worth more
就比那些已经赶赴西班牙支援的生命更加珍贵
than any one of those men already out in Spain?
住口 朱利安 你或许是有些傻