Adrian! Success, as you see.
走廊上还有更多盒子
There are more packages in the hall.
把它们拿到楼上去好吗
Take them upstairs, would you?
放在行李箱旁边
Put them by the steamer trunks.
抱歉 我还是不明白结婚的必要性
I'm sorry, I still don't see the need for marriage.
是因为你妹妹吗
Is it your sister?
-我知道她需要你照料 -不是
- I know she needs your care. - No.
我的自♥由♥...
My freedom has been so...
来得很晚 而且来之不易
late in coming, and so hard won.
我喜欢有你陪伴左右 真的
I value your company, truly.
我渐渐地
I have come to...
开始在意你了
..to care for you...
像朋友那样
..as a friend.
也许我这样对你不公平
Perhaps I'm being unfair.
是的 我意识到了
Yes, I see I am.
也许如果你离开英国
Perhaps if you went away, from England.
那也许是最好的
That might be best,
我自己也要外出几个月
since I'm only travelling myself for a few months.
分开一年也许有帮助
A year might help.
可以让我们都看清楚自己的感情
It would clarify both our feelings.
相信我 我非常清楚我对你的感情
Believe me, I feel for you with perfect clarity.
无比炽烈
Too much.
我爱上你了 斯蒂芬小姐
I am in love with you, Miss Stephen.
但那怎么可能呢
But how is that even possible,
我们都还不了解对方
when we don't really know one another?
-天呐 够了 -对不起
- Oh, God! Enough! - I'm sorry.
女人总是被认为
Women are encouraged to
应该在这种事上当傻子 我恨透了
be such idiots in these matters. I hate it.
拜托
Please...
要把帽盒跟其他盒子放在一起吗
Shall I put the hatboxes with the others?
是的 谢谢
Yes, please.
结婚
Marry...
或是焚毁
..Or burn.
你是天堂的一轮满月
You're the full moon of heaven.
天堂有月亮吗
Does heaven have a moon?
你永远不会爱我的
You'll never love me.
真心地
Truly.
情不自禁地
Incontinently.
那不是一个请求
That's not a request, by the way.
邓肯 告诉我你的感受
Duncan, tell me how you feel.
我不在时 你一点也不想我 对吗
When I'm not here, you don't miss me at all, do you?
社会也许迫使我们欺骗
Society may condemn us to deceit,
但那只会让我们
but that only makes it more vital
彼此之间的绝对坦诚显得尤为重要
that we are absolutely honest with each other about our feelings.
所以
So...
你并不爱我
You don't love me.
说出来
Say it.
说 "里顿 你对我毫无意义"
Say, "Lytton, you mean nothing to me."
可是我真的喜欢你
But I really am fond of you.
"喜欢"
Oh, "Fond".
一个人可以喜欢乡村舞或者牛奶布丁
One is fond of country dancing or milk pudding.
你若不告诉我实话 这一切都没有价值
All this is worthless unless you can tell me the truth.
说出来
Say it.
"你 对我 毫无意义"
"You...mean...nothing to me."
好吧
All right.
你对我毫无意义
You mean nothing to me.
"亲爱的贝尔先生
"Dear Mr Bell,
我真高兴你在巴黎安顿了下来
I'm so glad you have established yourself in Paris.
从你的来信上看 一切都很闲适安然
"And from everything you write, so very comfortably.
我可以跟你保证 我们刚抵达雅典时
"I can assure you my indisposal when we arrived in Athens
也感到很不安 可能是因为高温吧
"was no more than that, perhaps due to the heat.
我听取了你的建议 前往君士坦丁堡时
"As you recommended, I took four glasses of brandy
上火车前喝了四杯白兰地
"before we got on the train for Constantinople,
那让旅途过程既模糊又愉快
"Which rendered the journey a pleasing blur.
我相信你还记得大学和托比一起散步时
"I'm sure you remember from your university walking tours
他那让人疲惫的速度
"that Thoby sets a gruelling pace.
我只希望到达费特希耶之后
"I only hope that blisters might ensure us all
磨出的水泡能让我们休息几天
"a few days' rest once we reach Fethiye.
你可能听说了斯特拉奇先生宣布
"You have probably heard that Mr Strachey has announced
决定要一次性完成毕业论文
"a determination to finish his dissertation once and for all
或是在尝试过程中死去
or die in the attempt.
为了达到目的 他闭关工作去了
"And to that end has shut himself away to work.
格兰特先生说凯恩斯先生
"Mr Grant reports that Mr Keynes
满心炫耀他新获得的学术奖金
is in full pomp with his new fellowship,
并声称他有意
"and has declared he longs
和我们所有人分享他的财富
to share his good fortune with us all.
弗吉尼亚请求 如果你从
"Virginia asks, if you've
任意一个人的嘴里听到些什么
heard any more from either horse's mouth,
恳请你告诉我们 我们渴求八卦
"To please pass it on. We are starved of gossip.
对八卦的需求比对疟疾药片和蚊帐的需求还要强烈
"And need it far more than mosquito nets or malaria pills.
即便身处古代的辉煌景象之中
"Even amid ancient splendour,
我必须承认 我十分怀念我们的周四聚会夜
"I must confess our Thursday nights are keenly missed.
我相信最珍贵的法式佳肴也无法
"And I trust the rarest French cuisine cannot compare
和斯蒂芬姐妹分发的廉价小面包相比
"to penny buns dished out by the Stephen sisters."
打扰一下 先生
Pardon, monsieur.
船医认为可能是阑尾炎
The doctor on the boat thinks it's his appendix,
或者可能是疟疾
or possibly malaria.
我太感谢你了 贝尔先生
I can't thank you enough, Mr Bell,
-感谢你如此及时地回来 -妮莎
- for returning so promptly. - Nessa!
-她也需要照顾 -我明白
- She needs attention herself! - So I see.
一切都会好起来的 斯蒂芬小姐
All will be well, Miss Stephen.
出自简·奥斯汀的《劝导》
安并没有同感
"Anne did not share these feelings.
她虽然不说出来
"She persisted in a very determined,
但笃定地不喜欢巴斯这地方
"though very silent disinclination for Bath,
第一眼看到朦胧中的大厦
"Caught the first dim view of the extensive buildings,
在雨中喷着烟雾
"Smoking in rain...
她一点也不想仔细看看清楚
"..Without any wish of seeing them better...
感受他们在街上穿梭的速度
"..Felt their progress through the streets to be,
令人不愉快 且太匆匆
"However disagreeable, yet too rapid.
因为又有谁会在她抵达的时候迎接她呢
"For who would be glad to see her when she arrived?
因此 带着温情的悔意
"And looked back, with fond regret,
她怀念起阿普克罗斯的喧嚣
to the bustles of Uppercross
-还有寂静的 -看来这不是天堂
- "And the seclusion of..." - Not heaven then?
我的好兄弟
My dear chap.
你知道吗
Do you know...
我想吃鳀鱼酱烤面包 想吃得要命
..I have the most damnable craving for anchovy toast.
-为托比和他顺利康复举杯 -以及邓肯
- To Thoby, and his recovery. - And to Duncan.
-完成了几副画作 -三幅
- How many paintings finished? - Oh, er, three!
了不起 新的纪♥元♥
Remarkable! A new epoch!
说到这个
On that matter...
为你完成毕业论文举杯
the completion of your dissertation
以及更大的成就 也就是你的胡子
and a far greater accomplishment - your beard.
要试试好好品尝 梅纳德
Do try to savour it, Maynard,
这是蒙哈榭产的酒 不是姜汁啤酒
it's Montrachet, not ginger beer.
抱歉 我被国王学院的酒窖惯坏了
Sorry. I've become rather spoiled by the cellars at King's.
-你以后也会的 -希望我能有机会
- You'll be the same. - Let's hope I get the opportunity.
否则我都不知道该干些什么了
I don't know what I'll do otherwise.
简姨妈难道没有给你安排
Hasn't Aunt Jane arranged
到瑞典的疗养院去吗
for you to go to this sanatorium in Sweden?
她安排了 不过我觉得
She has, but I do consider
做病人不是职业 只是爱好而已
being an invalid more of a hobby than a career.
瑞典人
Swedes.
该死
Blast!
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
里顿 你应该知道
Lytton, you should know...
我和梅纳德
Maynard and I are...
反正没有必要向你隐瞒
Well, there's no point pretending to you.
-当你忙着的时候 -你们发♥生♥关♥系♥了吗
- While you've been so occupied... - You're intimates?
是的
Yes.
我知道你希望对这些事情坦诚相待
I know you prefer honesty with these things.