是他想去的 你知道他有多想去
He wanted to go, you know how much.
妮莎
Nessa?
宁愿自♥由♥地死去 也比活在暴♥政♥下好
Better to die free than live under tyranny.
我现在不那么确信了
I'm not so sure any more.
你不是说真的吧
You can't mean that.
想想海德公园门
Think of Hyde Park Gate,
在父亲的控制下 根本没有我们自己的生活
Under Father's thumb. No life of our own.
当然了 你一定得让安吉莉卡
Surely you must let Angelica
自己做决定 如果这样能让她开心的话
make up her own mind, if it makes her happy.
伴随战争而来的
What's coming with this war,
-也许非常可怕 -战争
- it may be so terrible... - Oh, the war.
战争 战争 总是说战争
The war, the war, always the war.
你不能再回避这个问题了 这次不行
Well, you can't shut yourself away from it, not this time!
我们不可能创造个独♥立♥的世界 妮莎
We can't make a world apart, Nessa!
一个充满理智 友谊和美丽的世界
A world just of reason and friendship and beauty.
我以前相信我们可以
We believed we could
我们尝试了 但是失败了
and we tried, but we've failed.
是我失败了
I've failed!
我失败了
I've failed.
在每一方面都失败了
In every possible way.
你怎么能这么说
How can you say that?
你成就的一切
Everything you've made.
你所做的一切
Everything you've done.
你过的正是你想要的生活
You've lived exactly the life you wanted.
你不也是吗
Haven't you?
国王在灌木丛中裸♥露♥自己
"The King exposed himself in the bushes
鸟儿用希腊语对我歌♥唱
"And the birds sang to me in Greek."
小山羊
Billy.
我警告过你 喝酒过量
I did warn you. Drink beyond your limit
必然会引起头疼
and a headache's the inevitable outcome.
我很抱歉 皮克斯丽娜
I'm sorry, Pixerina!
我相信没有我的陪伴 你也过得很开心
I'm sure you'll manage to have a delightful time without me, anyway.
这世界...如此美丽
So...much beauty in the world.
亲亲鼻子
On the snout.
前提是不能太湿
If not too wet.
如果我们的灵魂能结合
If we could meld souls...
弗吉利亚
Virginia!
"最亲爱的你 我确定我又要疯了
"Dearest, I am certain now that I am going mad again.
就跟第一次一样
"It is just as it was the first time.
我总是能幻听到各种声音 却无法克服
"I'm always hearing voices, and I shan't get over it now.
如果可以 我会告诉你
"If I could, I would tell you
你和孩子们对我的意义
"What you and the children have meant to me.
我想你是知道的
"I think you know.
我努力抗争过 但我坚持不下去了
"I have fought against it, but I can't any longer.
弗吉利亚"
"Virginia."
他们说 "来一起喝茶吧 多点陪伴
They say, "Come to tea, bit of company."
但那根本没用
But it's no good.
该死的
Bloody...
以及这个 总是有各种烦心事
And there's this. Always an itch to be scratched.
一点点小事都能让人分心
Any small thing distracts you.
我们都那么愚蠢和自私
We're all so damned stupid and selfish.
你一直以来都非常勇敢
You've been extraordinarily brave.
我有什么选择呢
What choice do I have?
我知道她不会从小屋里走过来的
I know she won't come in from the lodge,
然而我却满院子地搜寻她的身影
and yet I look across the garden for her.
我知道她已经溺亡
I know she's drowned...
然而我却静候她走过来的声音
Yet still I listen for her to come.
走到我的门前
To come in at the door.
我为这里订了个牌匾
I've ordered a plaque for here,
就是我撒骨灰的地方
where I scattered the ashes.
她写下的语句
Something of hers.
"死亡如同仇敌
"Death is the enemy.
我愿拼尽全力冲向你
"Against you I will fling myself,
永不被征服 死亡啊
"Unvanquished and unyielding, O Death!
海浪打在沙滩上立刻粉碎"
"The waves broke on the shore."
我真希望我早知道情况竟如此糟糕了
I wish I'd known how bad it had become.
她一定是遭受了极为深重的苦难
She must have been suffering such a very great deal
才会像这样抛弃了你
to have abandoned you like this.
报纸都在连篇累牍地报道
The papers are saying out-and-out
弗吉利亚自杀是因为战争
that Virginia took her life because of the war.
毕肖普的妻子写来一封贱兮兮的信
There was a very minty letter from a Bishop's wife -
"我们不能一见到兽♥性♥爆发 就都倒下了"
"We can't all crumple at the first sign of beastliness."
那个愚蠢的贱♥人♥ 如果他们知道...
Stupid bitch. If they'd known...
但现在也太晚了 不是吗
Well, it's too late now, isn't it?
对这个世界而言 她会被认为是个过于敏感的人
She'll go down as too sensitive for this world,
一个纤弱的审美家 柔弱的女作家
a wispy aesthete, a feeble lady writer.
那正是她所憎恶的一切
Everything she hated.
那对她可真够"公平"的 是吧
Well, that serves her bloody well right, eh?
你来了啊 在听《疯狂小队》的节目
Oh, there you are. The Crazy Gang.
抱歉
Sorry.
没什么事吧
All all right?
我也很喜欢《疯狂小队》的节目
I'm rather keen on the Crazy Gang myself.
邓肯·格兰特收
我觉得这背景色不太好吧
I'm not sure about the background.
不 你...
No, you're...
你说得很对
you're quite right.
拥有共同的品味
Sharing the same taste,
那听上去似乎是很不重要的事
it sounds like such an unimportant thing.
但我们在这上面总是一致的 不是吗
But we always have, haven't we?
颜色 令人心悦诚服的线条
Colours, a convincing line...
你对于事物的观点 你的感觉
Your opinion on things, your...your feelings...
我一直都想听
I always want to hear them, you know.
我无法想象没有那些会怎么样
I can't imagine being without them.
永远不能
Ever.
-没铬绿色的了吗 -没了 用完了
- No viridian? - No, I've run out.
我们最好再订购一些
Well, we'd better order some more.
用蓝色可以吗
Does it do, though, the blue?
在这种光线下 是完美的
In this light, it's perfect.
小兔呢
Bunny?
他有个非常重要的会议要开 内阁会议
He had a terribly important meeting, the Ministry.
他要我代为问好
He sends his love.
这画的是朱利安吗
Is it Julian?
他真是个可爱的宝宝
He was such a pudding of a baby.
你不是请了杜兰特先生当模特嘛
I thought you had Mr Durrant to model.
没错 他觉得这太无聊了
That's right, he found it terribly boring.
但那是邓肯 你肯定画过邓肯吧
But it's Duncan. Surely you've painted Duncan?
你一定可以看到
You must be able to see.
或许是有点像
Well, there might be a resemblance.
一个人是看不出自己的长相的
One can never see oneself, really.
不过毋庸置疑的是
Undoubtedly, though...
你就是圣母玛利亚
you are the Madonna.
来感受下你的外孙
Your grandchild.
你不打算告诉我 婚姻很适合我吗
Aren't you going to tell me how marriage suits me?
什么都很适合你
Everything suits you.
弗吉利亚曾经一直说
A left-handed marriage, that's what Virginia
我和邓肯之间是门户不当的婚姻
always used to call it, between Duncan and me.
在画画时 我突然想到
I thought, while I was painting,
玛丽和约瑟夫之间也是这样的
that's what Mary had, her and Joseph.
妥协适应
Accommodating.
在这里说这种话 很亵渎吧
I suppose it's terribly blasphemous to be saying that here.
我不会对主教提这事的
I wouldn't mention it to the bishop.
至少我们都完成了
At least we got it all done, anyway.
不止如此
More than that.
你们两个 成功造就了一切
The two of you have actually made the whole thing work.
谢谢
Thank you.
我想 是吧
I think, yes.
或许是吧
I think perhaps we have.