感受什么的
Feelings and such.
何况你之前也并没有以为我是和你相爱了
And it's not as though you thought I was in love with you.
你对于这一点理得非常清楚
You were extremely clear about that.
那就再干一杯
Another toast then.
敬友谊
To friendship.
敬这污秽的世上最稀有的好事
That rarest good deed in the naughtiest of worlds.
萨克森 伙计
Saxon, old chap.
怎么了
What is it?
出什么事了
What's happened?
天啊
Oh, God!
天啊 他身体冰凉 妮莎
Oh, God, it's like iron, Nessa.
我们怎么办
What are we going to do?
我不知道
I don't know.
贝尔先生
Mr Bell.
他死时没有痛苦
He didn't suffer.
是该这么说 对吧
It's what one is supposed to say, is it?
但这是实话 他甚至有时间...
But it's true. He even had time to...
来告别
..to say goodbye.
什么都不会变的
Nothing will change.
一切 一切都会改变的
Everything... everything will change.
好吧 也许这正是我想要的呢
Yes. That's probably what I want, isn't it?
我还以为你想要自♥由♥
I thought you wanted freedom.
我以为那是我们共同的心愿
I thought that's what we both wanted.
就斯蒂芬姐妹相依为命
Just us Stephens.
小山羊
Billy Goat.
丈夫可不是姐妹
A husband is not a sister.
他像只鹦鹉 你也同意我说的
He's a parakeet and you agreed with me!
天啊 弗吉尼亚 我们不能总达成一致
Oh, God, Virginia, we can't always agree!
只不过 现在最重要的
It just seems... more important than ever...
托比英年早逝 我们活着的人至少试着开心一些
with Thoby, to try, to at least to try to be happy.
克莱夫有这方面的天赋
And Clive has a talent for that.
另外 我觉得鹦鹉挺适合我的
Besides, I find parakeets are to my taste.
我之前不知道
I didn't know.
但你应该知道 你应该知道的
But you should have! You should have.
我知道我的感受过于强烈 你总是这么说
I know what I feel, too much, you always say.
但你 老天啊 一个画家
But you - for God's sake, a painter,
你的作品应当展示世界
your work is meant to show the world,
你对世界的看法
your vision of the world.
如果你自己都觉得它是个谜团
What use can it be to live as a mystery to yourself
那对我们这些外人还有什么用
as well as to the rest of us?
你不如当个色盲算了
You might as well be colour blind!
我该感谢瑞雯·希尔太太
I feel I should thank your Mrs Raven Hill.
感谢她出色的指导
For the excellence of her instruction.
有些东西是没法教的
Some things can't be taught.
大家都是这样的吗
Is it really like this for everybody?
公务员和内阁大臣
Servants and...Cabinet Ministers?
内政大臣也许不是这样
Possibly not the Home Secretary.
"我和克莱夫在这就像在天堂
"I am in heaven here with Clive,
天气和食物都非常棒
"the weather is divine, as is the food.
日落是一种启示
"The sunsets are a revelation
每次性♥交♥都酣畅淋漓
"and copulation continues to be a tremendous success.
如果你能在这会更好 妮莎"
"It could only be improved by your presence. Nessa."
你这个时候不应该好好休息吗
Aren't you meant to be resting at this stage?
我觉得现在是我这辈子精力最旺盛的时刻 克莱夫
I have never had more energy in my life, have I, Clive?
你之前的精力就已经非常旺盛了
You had rather a terrifying amount of energy before,
跟我相比而言
compared to me anyhow.
你在菲茨罗伊广场住下了是吗
Have you settled in Fitzroy Square?
是的 艾德里安和我成孤儿了
Oh, yes, now that Adrian and I are orphans.
邓肯说梅纳德的房♥间非常舒服
Duncan says Maynard's rooms are very comfortable.
他应该知道的
Well, he should know,
因为他大部分时间都在里面
since he's in them most of the time.
你应该听听玛丽姑妈说的
You should hear Aunt Mary -
"弗吉尼亚 独自待在全是男人的房♥间里
"Virginia, all alone in a house of men.
到底是公♥寓♥ 还是妓院"
"Is it a boarding house, or a brothel?"
最类似的当属图书馆
Surely what it most resembles is a library,
真让人失望
which is disappointing.
一切都是上等的
The best of everything.
有克莱夫陪着你呢
There's Clive for you.
你可别介意 弗吉尼亚
You mustn't mind, Virginia.
显然 你姐姐没你聪明
Your sister's not as intelligent as you, of course,
但她还是非常聪明
but she's still terribly clever.
我在想 她要多久才能发现
I wonder how long it'll take her
克莱夫并不聪明呢
to discover that Clive isn't?
我不能喝 你不知道吗
Oh, I can't, didn't you know?
因为我脑子不太好 不能服用刺♥激♥物
On account of being cracked. I'm forbidden stimulants.
看见你活力四射 我真的很高兴
I'm glad to see you're flourishing. Truly.
我真不敢相信你能如此坦然地就接受了
I can scarcely believe you've been so good about it.
梅纳德和我
Maynard and me.
我自己都不敢相信
I can scarcely believe it myself.
你们两个都过来看看 这好不好
Come and decide, both of you - is this any good?
-天啊 -是精♥液♥吧
- Oh, dear. - Semen, I presume?
有人能说出这话却不被当成疯子吗
Can one really say such things without being thought mad?
人性真是变了啊
Well, human nature has changed.
至少在朋友间是变了
Among friends, anyhow.
或者说交往对象
Or relations.
是朋友
Friends.
你和我现在有机会成为好朋友 弗吉尼亚
You and I have a chance to be good friends now, Virginia.
你多美啊
How pretty you look.
妮莎生来就是做母亲的料
Of course, Nessa was born to be a mother.
她会喜欢的
She'll adore it.
但愿别喜欢过头了
Not too much, I hope.
我娶她不是为了
I didn't marry her to see her
看她变成奶牛
turn into a brooding milk cow!
弗吉尼亚
Oh, Ginia...
我好幸福
I'm so happy!
朱利安·希沃德·贝尔
Julian Heward Bell.
我原以为可以叫他托比呢 但是 看看他
I thought he'd be Thoby, but...look at him -
他没有斯蒂芬家人的样子 他是纯正的贝尔家人
there's not a scrap of Stephen in him, he's pure Bell.
他...真漂亮
He's...quite splendid.
是啊
Yes.
绝对的
Entirely.
我说不出这种感觉
I can't tell you how it feels.
《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥文学增刊》
The Times Literary Supplement
请我再写一则书评
have asked me to write another review.
小山羊 那可真好 我毫不意外
Oh, Billy, how wonderful for you. I'm not surprised.
正赶上秋季计划
Just in time for autumn plans.
天呐 那些年 幻想着解脱
Oh, God, all those years, dreaming of escape,
谋划着逃离
plotting away.
谋划着 强制着
Plotting, squasher.
弗吉尼亚阿姨写诗 我作画
Writing for Aunt Virginia, painting for me.
计划 现在都没必要了
Plans. And now there's no need!
是吗
Isn't there?
无论如何 你不都该继续吗
Don't you just need to carry on now, regardless?
总有一天...
Reviews and...
书评和你的那本书会完成的
that book of yours will be finished some day...
并且一出版肯定好评如潮
and published to roaring acclaim
从此你就会过上幸福的生活
and you'll live happily ever after.
像我一样
Like me.
我觉得你已经把我淡忘在了过去
I feel as though you've tidied me into a drawer.
亲爱的 你饿了吗
Oh, dear, are you hungry?
-是这样吗 -简直不可理喻
- Is that what's the matter? - This is impossible.
亲爱的
Oh, dear.
你饿了吗
Are you hungry?
我去更衣室里睡
I'm going to go and sleep in the dressing room.
妮莎
Nessa...
天啊
Oh, dear!
需要我给你拿点什么吗
Anything I can get you?
不需要了
Nothing whatsoever.
那些都只是建议
They're only suggestions.
但你喜欢吧
You did like it, though?