That doesn't mean...
缺少感情的表达
A lack of demonstration
也不代表缺少感情
doesn't signify a lack of feeling.
其实正相反
Quite the opposite.
我非常在乎邓肯 非常在乎
I have cared for Duncan, so much.
一路走来并不轻松 亲爱的
It hasn't always been easy, my darling,
但我理解你的感受
but I'm saying I understand how you feel.
我不想被理解
I don't want to be understood!
或者被议论 被帮助 被♥干♥涉
Or discussed or helped or meddled with.
我只想过我自己的生活
I just want to live my own life.
拜托 安吉莉卡 你给我带来了...
Please, Angelica, you've brought me...
你怀我的时候 你和邓肯计划的时候
When you had me, when you were planning with Duncan,
你想没想过我会长大成一个独♥立♥的人
did you even think about me, grown up, as a person?
我只是你的计划之一 是不是
I was just another of your plans, wasn't I?
就像新工作室 或者花♥园♥的新马赛克砖
Like a new studio, or a new mosaic for the garden.
天啊 你怎么能这么自私
God, how could you have been so selfish?
你给我带来了生命中最纯粹的幸福
You have brought me the purest happiness I've had in my life!
那跟我一点关系都没有
That has nothing to do with me!
安吉莉卡21岁生日快乐
Angelica 21?
为什么妮莎的生活总是比我的真实得多呢
Why does Nessa's life always seem so much more real than mine?
那只能代表你的想法
Speak for yourself.
我觉得是因为孩子
It's children, I think.
他们的存在让你在这世上扎了根
They anchor you in the world.
最好的行为是吗
Best foot forward, eh?
皮克斯丽娜 真美
Pixerina, a vision!
我会在贵客到来之前换好衣服的
Well, I will be changing before the proper guests arrive.
妮莎在哪
Where's Nessa?
在附近 该开始的时候就开始吧
Somewhere about. May as well start as we mean to go on.
今天可不是限♥量♥供应
No rationing today!
谢谢 克莱夫
Thank you, Clive.
很好喝
That's the good stuff.
注意点节制 你也知道你最近头疼...
Pace yourself, you know how bad your head's been...
你们不是一直从罗德梅尔走过来的吧
Surely you didn't walk all the way from Rodmell?
对 省汽油
Yes, saving petrol.
省钱省的都快着魔了
It's become something of an obsession.
我来介绍下埃里波特 这是我的阿姨和姨夫
May I introduce Eribert? My aunt and uncle.
埃里波特来自慕尼黑附近的一个小镇
Eribert is from a small town near Munich.
-埃里波特 -很高兴认识你们
- Eribert? - Yes, so pleased to meet you.
我们是在查令十字街的乐器店认识的
We met on the Charing Cross Road, in a music shop.
几年前 伦纳德和我
Leonard and I took a tour
曾经环游德国
through Germany a few years ago.
和我们期待的完全不一样
It wasn't at all what we were expecting.
虽然 因为伦纳德的血统不纯
Although, given Leonard's racial impurity,
我觉得我们应当庆幸
I suppose we should count ourselves lucky to
活着逃出来了
have escaped with our lives.
我想 在他被拘禁或者发生更可怕的事之前
I thought it would be nice to invite him
-邀请他来应该不错 -天啊
- before he was interned, or something dreadful. - Oh, God!
我原以为他找不到来这里的路呢
I didn't think he would actually find his way down here.
感谢你的香槟 你非常慷慨
Thank you for all of the champagne. Very generous of you.
别胡说 那是我的荣幸
Nonsense, my pleasure!
什么时候我女儿能再次21岁啊
When will my daughter be 21 again?
放在这儿就行了
Just put it here.
这么说 克莱夫要永远待在这了
Clive is to be here permanently, then.
克莱夫·贝尔
彻彻底底 完完全全
Lock, stock and barrel.
他已经把床从伦敦运过来了
He's already had his bed sent down from London.
以及所有的书
And all his books.
你竟然在装饰教堂...
You decorating a church, of all things...
其实佣金还是很丰厚的
It's rather a good commission, actually.
战争总有一天会真的降临的 不会永远只是阴影
It's not going to be a phoney war for ever, you know.
是啊 我此前也从未把绥靖政策当成一种战略
No. I never thought much of appeasement as a strategy, myself.
这次不会
Not this time round.
重要的东西 最好去面对
The important things are best faced.
并为之抗争
And fought for.
小兔 我知道你和妮莎谈过了
Bunny, I...I know you've spoken to Nessa,
但我想知道你对安吉莉卡 意图何在
but I wondered what your intentions are, concerning Angelica?
"意图"
Oh, "intentions", oh.
用词真够维多利亚女王时代风
How very Victorian of you!
家长邓肯
Duncan the patriarch.
你是要告诉我 再也别进你家门
Are you going to tell me never to darken your door again?
还是用马鞭赶我离开
Or see me off with a horsewhip?
-开玩笑可没什么用 -好吧
- Being facetious doesn't help. - Right.
事实上
The fact is...
现阶段一段认真的恋情
a serious affair at this stage...
-对她而言可能是个大错 -天呐
- might be a great mistake for her. - Oh, Christ!
我觉得你该承认 在这方面你并不擅长
I think you'd concede this is hardly your area of expertise.
我只是希望 除了因为她喜欢的人是你
I just hoped...quite apart from it being you,
你必须看到确实有个鸿沟
you must see it's an awful gap,
-你比他年长很多 -太可笑了
- you being so much older. - That's absurd!
就你 竟然有脸
You, of all people,
像该死的坎特伯雷大主教一样对我说教
talking to me like the bloody Archbishop of Canterbury,
教育我要遵守道德
lecturing me about morality!
我不觉得我...
I don't think I've l...
我怎么能忘记 你和妮莎之间
How could I have forgotten the fucking...
那秘密的 自以为是的苟且行为
sealed, self-righteous little outfit that you and Nessa run here!
我就不是你们那个小团体中的 是吧
Just not one of the gang, am I?
我从来都不是
I never was!
小兔
Bunny!
小兔
Bunny!
安吉莉卡 我得跟你谈谈
Angelica, I need to speak with you.
更合适 你觉得是吧 妮莎 这德国佬
More suitable, do you think, Nessa, hm? The Kraut?
-小兔 -年纪更适合她
- Bunny! - More the right age for her?
请别走 是他很无礼
Please stay, he's being rude.
我们正在收拾东西呢 不能先等等吗
We're getting everything together. Can't this wait?
拜托 我不想让人不舒服
Please, I don't wish to cause any bad feeling.
听着 如果我不能私下跟你谈
Look, if I can't speak to you privately,
就只能在大庭广众之下说了
I'll have to do it here.
我觉得你现在心情如此差劲
I don't think I want to speak to you at all
我根本不想跟你说话
when you're in this peculiar mood.
你喝酒了吗
Have you been drinking?
很好
Very well.
你有再考虑过我的求婚吗
Have you thought any more about my proposal?
天呐 安吉莉卡
Oh, God, Angelica!
不 这跟你没关系
No, this has nothing to do with you!
你个混♥蛋♥
You absolute shit!
你在毁掉大家的一切
You're ruining everything for everyone.
我在考虑为今天写一出滑稽短剧
To think, I'd been considering writing a skit for today,
-以免我们缺少娱乐 -别
- in case we were short of entertainment. - Don't.
我不知道我会怎么做
I don't know what I'll do.
如果她嫁给小兔 我该怎么做
What'll I do if she marries Bunny?
-真的有这么重要吗 -当然重要了
- Does it really matter so much? - Of course it matters!
从来都不指望你会理解
You couldn't be expected to understand.
你总是这样说我 总是这样
You always have that over me, always.
10年前 我常常感觉悲伤
Ten years ago, I used to grieve.
哪怕再多一点自控力 我就会有
A little more self-control and I might have
一双儿女 需要我担心
a boy and a girl of my own to fret over.
但我现在很庆幸 庆幸我没有
But I'm glad now, I'm glad I don't.
这种对于儿女的疯狂
This madness about one's children,
会让人盲目 我真的这样觉得
it blinds you, I really think it does.
我真的不愿意再听你的长篇大论了
I really don't feel disposed to listen to your theories.
我的孩子 我的家庭 我的国家
My child, my family, my country!
所以这个世界才是这样的
That's why the world's as it is,
在暴♥力♥与癫狂中沉沦
sunk in violence and insanity.
我又不用为世界的苦难负责
I am not responsible for the afflictions of the world!
当然不用 我很抱歉
Of course not. I'm sorry.
别听我瞎说 我有点...
Don't listen to me, I've been a little...
伦纳德 他比我认识的任何人都明智懂理
Leonard. Now, he speaks more sense than anyone I know.
我想你会同意吧
I think you'd agree.
他坚信应该让年轻人自己处理事情
He's a great believer in letting the young get on with things.
让他们自己去犯错
Allowing them to make their own mistakes.
当然 我用这条理论培养朱利安 结果害死了他
Of course. I tried that with Julian. And it killed him.