何出此言
Where did that come from?
你有想过画这里的天花板吗
Have you thought of painting the ceiling in here?
马蒂斯说"艺术作品必须自带其..."
Matisse says "A work of art must carry in itself its..."
"其完整意义" 我同意
"its complete significance." I don't disagree.
但并不能由此得出绘画就应该隔绝
But it doesn't follow painting should be cut off
画家自身的生命经验
from one's experience of the world.
-失真.. -失真不就像鸡♥奸♥一样吗
- Distortion... - Isn't distortion rather like sodomy?
人们觉得它不正常 于是就否认其存在
People think it's abnormal so they deny its existence.
我们真正看到的东西都是失真的
Distortion is the way we actually see.
-让艺术脱离生活毫无必要 -妮莎
- There's no need to keep art apart from life. - Nessa!
伦纳德打电♥话♥来 弗吉尼亚出事了
Leonard's on the telephone - it's Virginia.
她吃了多少
How much did she take?
至少100粒
100 grains, at least.
安♥眠♥药♥已经充分渗进她体内
The Veronal has reached her system sufficiently
抑制各项重要的生命机能
to depress her vital mechanisms.
危险应该...如果她能坚持到明天早上
The danger should... if we can see her through till morning,
应该就会脱离危险
the danger should be passed.
小山羊
Oh, Billy Goat...
你真是一个了不起的人
'You're such an extraordinary animal.
天呐
'Oh, God.'
对不起 弗吉尼亚
I'm sorry, Virginia.
我会和你谈心 我什么都愿意跟你说
I'll talk to you. I'll talk to you about everything.
拜托
Please.
克莱夫跟那么多蠢女人上♥床♥ 但只有你...
'All those silly women Clive goes to bed with. But you...'
他只是跟你亲近而已 就伤我更深
Him just being close to you, it was worse.
我对你的喜爱多过对这世上任何人
I admire you more than anyone in the world.
我觉得他还是有点爱着你
I think he's still a little in love with you.
而你知道 精神层面的爱
And you know, spiritual love
对克莱夫来说是不够的
isn't enough for Clive.
对我也是
Or me.
事实证明如此
As it turns out.
我想知道 在你向她求婚之前
What I want to know, were you told,
有没有人告诉过你 她的病有多严重
before you asked her to marry you, how bad she was?
这种事以前是否发生过 伦
If this sort of thing has happened before, Len.
你说发生过
You said it had.
显然 如果我知道以前发生过这种事
Obviously if I knew it had happened before,
就说明有人告诉过我弗吉尼亚的病情 母亲
someone had told me about Virginia's illness, Mother.
没必要对我发脾气 我只是想帮忙
There's no need to get at me, I'm only trying to help!
这下你们一定是没法要孩子了
There'll be no question now of you having children, you know.
我想她无法承受那种压力
I suppose the strain would be too much.
那种病会传给孩子的
That sort of defect gets passed on.
是遗传缺陷
Hereditary weakness.
母亲让我代她问候你
Mother sends her love.
还让我带这个来
And these.
显然你提起过你爱吃茴芹
Apparently you mentioned you like aniseed.
真好吃
Delicious.
弗吉尼亚还好吗
How's Virginia?
好些了 但还没 痊愈
Better, but not...better.
伦纳德要带她离开伦敦
Leonard's taking her out of London.
去个安静的地方
Somewhere quiet.
如果真打起仗来的话 离开对她是最好的
Best for her if there is going to be a war, anyway.
天呐
Golly.
那不是克莱夫喜欢的风格
Not really Clive's sort of thing.
也不是罗杰喜欢的
Or Roger's.
是我喜欢的 你知道的
But mine. As you know.
其实 我最近...
Actually, I've...
在着手安排一些事 以防战争真的降临
been arranging what to do myself, if there's a war.
要保护儿子们的安全
Keeping the boys out of danger.
你还是会到乡下去看我们的 对吧
You're still planning to visit us in the country, aren't you?
我找到了一栋房♥子
I've found a house.
你知道我的
You know me,
我喜欢以客人的身份前去拜访
I tend to turn up as a guest
然后以房♥客的身份长住
and stay as a lodger.
我希望你做我的租客
A tenant, I hope.
不用付租金 那已经处理好了
No rent, that's taken care of.
有一间宽敞的房♥间给你住
And there's a good-sized room for you.
当然还有小兔
And Bunny, of course.
他会很高兴的
He'll be delighted.
他很想要离开这里 安心写作
He's desperate to get away and do some writing.
我爱上你了
I'm in love with you.
抱歉
Sorry.
我原以为只是...
I thought it was just...
身体的诱惑
...Bodies.
但是
But...
看来感情已无法改变了
It's not going to change.
妮莎 这...
Nessa. It's...
你知道我喜欢你多过这世上任何一个女人
You must know I'm fonder of you than...any woman on earth.
实际上 多过几乎任何人
Than almost anyone, in fact.
是的
Yes.
但你是同性恋 就是这样
You're a bugger, there it is.
我并没有什么期待
I don't expect anything.
没事的
It's all right.
我醒着
I'm awake.
一切已成定局
So, the die is cast.
战争要开始了
It's war.
*兄弟 拿起枪 拿起枪 拿起枪*
*Johnny get your gun Get your gun, get your gun*
*带着它冲向前方 冲向前方 冲向前方*
*Take it on the run On the run, on the run*
*听听人们对你我的召唤*
*Hear them calling you and me*
*每一个属于自♥由♥的孩子*
*Every son of liberty*
*快一点 趁现在 别耽搁 快出发*
*Hurry right away No delay, go today*
*让父亲为他的好小伙儿自豪*
*Make your daddy glad To have had such a lad*
*告诉你的心上人莫要难过*
*Tell your sweetheart not to pine*
*她的男人上战场 她该充满骄傲*
*She'll be proud her boy's in line.*
我最亲爱的小山羊
'Dearest Goat.
我太爱你的上一封来信了
'How I loved your last letter.
我无法向你形容这里感觉多么偏远
'I can't tell you how remote it can feel here...
就像我们在一个遗失的世界里
'..as though we're a lost world.'
妮莎
Nessa!
我们的车堵在巷子里了
Our car got stuck in the lane.
玛丽 欢迎来到查尔斯顿
Mary! Welcome to Charleston.
我真是说不好这里谁最像原始人
'I could scarcely tell who is most savage
儿子们 邓肯 还是我
the boys, Duncan, or me.
小兔看起来还保有一些文明社会的光彩
'Bunny seems to hang on to some sort of gloss,
没我们这么厌烦社交
'being less weary of society.
我不得不说 一想到任何形式的社交
'I must say, the thought of any kind of society
就越来越让我心中有一股恐惧感
'increasingly fills me with a kind of horror.'
我们打算把湖 堵上
We're going to have the lake... puddled.
那样对吗
Can that be right?
让它能更好地储水
To make it hold water better.
湖
The lake?
其实更像个池塘
It's more of a pond, really.
等天气暖和些 孩子们就可以去游泳了
So the boys can swim in it once it's warmer.
我们也有个改造花♥园♥的宏伟计划
And we have tremendous plans for the garden.
我不知道你们看到了没 但是
I don't know if you saw, but
我们种了很多土豆
we're growing lots of potatoes.
你对花♥园♥感兴趣吗 玛丽
Are you keen on gardens, Mary?
我以为你要说土豆呢
I thought you were going to say potatoes.
没 没有多大兴趣
No, not particularly.
邓肯有没有给你们看他的手
Has Duncan shown you his hands?
多精彩的谈话
What an extraordinary conversation.
大头菜和饲用甜菜 一天劳作12小时
Turnips and mangelwurzels. 12 hours a day.
但是 这可比不上索姆河战役
Still, it's scarcely the Somme.
我的天
Good God!
让我好好看看你们 脚呢
Let me have a look at you. Hooves.
真棒
Splendid.
肢关节
Fetlocks?
-好样的 牙口 -我掉了一颗牙
- Good. Teeth? - I lost one.
的确是呢
Ah, so you did.
这样可不一定能卖♥♥出好价钱了 朱利安
Not sure we'll get much for you at auction, Julian.
我必须承认 你的反对
I must say, your objection