真是最认真负责的了
could hardly seem more conscientious.
克莱夫 我们是不是应该
Clive, shouldn't we be...
你们不留下吗
You're not staying?
我们准备好了一间空房♥
We've aired one of the bedrooms.
不用了 我们在弗尔的旅馆订了间房♥
No need. We reserved a room at the Ram in Firle.
毛发状态极佳
Coats are in excellent condition.
上等马
Fine beasts!
冲锋
Charge!
就在拐角处
It's round the corner.
我们真的很想念你
We do miss you, you know.
等着瞧吧 我会把这里弄得特别舒适
Just you wait, I shall make it so comfortable here
让你无法抗拒要留下来
you shan't be able to resist staying.
你若是这么说 到时我肯定会的
If you say so. I'm sure I shan't.
也许我刚刚应该提醒玛丽
Perhaps I should have warned Mary
让她憋到旅馆再解决的
to save herself for the Ram.
挑粪工一整个星期没有倒马桶了
The soil man hasn't been this week to empty the lavatory.
撤退 快撤退
Retreat! Retreat!
当然了 战争让购买♥♥物资等变得困难
'Of course the war brings its difficulties with supplies and so on,
但我们有鸡蛋 也有些黄油
but we have eggs and some butter,
我也明白 像这样已经是身在福中了
and I'm aware of being otherwise steeped in great good fortune,
特别是在
'particularly at a time
那么多人都处于水深火热之时
when so many are suffering so very terribly.'
和很多人不同 我拥有我所选择的生活
'Unlike so many, I have the life I have chosen.
虽有时也很艰难 但毕竟完完全全属于我
'It isn't always easy, but it is entirely mine.'
请一定来拜访我们 小山羊
'Do come and visit us, Billy.
我们有鸡蛋 如前所述 有时有奶油
'We have eggs, as mentioned, and sometimes cream,
我或许还可能挤出一点话题跟你聊聊
and I may be able to scrape together a little conversation.
致以我全部的爱意
'All my love to you,
若还有剩余 就献给伦纳德 瓦妮莎敬上
and some to Leonard if it can be spared, Nessa.'
完美
Perfection!
我就知道会的
I knew it would be.
《远航》
弗吉尼亚·伍尔夫著
真恢弘 小山羊
How glorious, Bill.
词语也只是词语而已 是你赋予了这作品生命力
Ah, but words are words. You make the thing itself.
所有这一切
All of this.
我对我自己保证永远不要犯
I promised myself I'd never make the mistake
把作品当作孩子的错误
of confusing books with children.
看来我已经做出了决定
It seems I made my choice, though.
或者是你和伦纳德在我发病时做出了决定
Or you and Leonard did, when I was raving.
不 我
No, I...
没关系 真的
It's all right. Truly.
伦纳德让我平稳地生活
Leonard keeps me on an even keel.
一日三餐 不许熬夜 不能过于激动
Three meals a day. No late nights. No excitement.
而且我在写下一本书了 所以
And I'm writing another one, so,
我也很高产
fertile as anything.
你拥有孩子 而我将拥有名气
You shall have the children, and I shall have the fame.
他们在玩什么游戏
What are they playing?
-战争游戏 -下♥贱♥的德国佬
- War. - Filthy Hun!
他们整天玩这个
It's all they ever play.
在天堂中建造一个地狱
And built a Heaven in hell's despite.
出自《The Clod and the Pebble》
威廉·布莱克著
那是什么
What's that?
爱并不是为了取悦自己
Love seeketh not itself to please.
我们当年在海德公园门的时候曾被要求背诵这些
We were made to memorise it at Hyde Park Gate.
妈妈要求的
Mother?
你总记得画面 不记得语言
Always pictures, never words.
看来你是对的
You were right, it seems.
的确万事皆有可能
Anything IS possible.
穿晚礼服吗
Dinner suits?
还是只要穿不把屁♥股♥露出来的裤子就行了
Or just the trousers without the arse ripped out?
就穿成这样下去吃晚饭
Go down to supper like that.
我想留个好印象
I want to make the right impression.
弗吉尼亚不会在乎的
Virginia won't care...
我保证
I promise.
我在写作中希望表达的
What I'm aiming for in my writing
是完全不同的东西
is something entirely different.
一种非凡的效果 真实而普遍
A singular effect. Truthful, yet universal.
我去拿药膏
I'll get the salve.
他都快拿不住画刷了
He can barely hold a brush.
没关系
Oh, it's all right.
妮莎
Nessa!
我猜想你的书里不分章节吧
No chapters in your book, I imagine,
就像每一个激进派一样
like all the radical gentlemen?
我还没有决定
I haven't decided yet.
你是说你还没有开始写吗
You mean you haven't started it?
我白天时间很少 弗吉尼亚
I have very little time in the day, Virginia.
也许你不每周末都去伦敦 就有时间了
Perhaps if you didn't go up to London every weekend.
你说得对
I dare say you're right.
小兔是个浮躁的年轻人
Bunny's a young man in a hurry.
我希望他对邓肯更好一些
I wish he would be nicer to Duncan.
在这里对他来说就像一种束缚
It's a bind for him being here.
他和邓肯赢了裁决
He and Duncan should count themselves lucky
应该感到幸运
to have won their tribunals.
是啊
Yes.
许愿的时候要小心点
Be careful what you wish for.
妮莎 我从未想过
Never think, Nessa,
伦纳德和我之间 是病人和护士的关系
it's an invalid and her nurse between Leonard and me.
我们在很多方面都有交集
We meet in so many ways.
我从未想过我们在一起能这么开心
I never thought we could be so happy together.
我很高兴
I'm glad.
我没法告诉你那种感觉...
I can't tell you what it's like to wake up
每天清晨醒来知道自己能和邓肯合作
every morning knowing I can make work with Duncan.
一起讨论
Discuss it together.
我觉得他是他同辈人中最好的画家
I think he's the best painter of his generation.
那一定让一切都值得了
That must make everything worthwhile.
不过 曾经有一段时间
Although, there was a time
你对于自己的绘画也有这种期望
when you had those hopes for your own painting.
谁说我现在没有了呢
Who's to say I haven't, still?
但这并不是什么比赛
It's not a competition.
跟你有什么关系
What's it to do with you?
我请求你考虑下我的感受
I'm asking you to consider my feelings.
我一心只考虑你的感受
I do nothing but consider your feelings,
-但做个同性恋对我来说可不够 -小兔
- but being a bugger isn't enough for me! - Bunny...
他又要出去见艾丽克斯了
He's going out to see Alix again.
他为她疯狂
He's mad about her.
会过去的
It'll pass.
他跟那个吸鸦♥片♥的女人就是这样
It did with the opium woman.
不论如何 我很乐意
Anyway, I shall have the pleasure of
和你单独相处一晚
an evening with you all to myself.
我想我会...
I think I'll, er...
我想 我还是去一趟刘易斯吧
I think I'll pop up to Lewes.
真迷人
Charming.
不会太过迷人了吗
Not too charming?
那是我的弱点 不是你的
That's my weakness, not yours.
可以吗
Might I?
你知道那画不会长久的
You know it won't last.
这些老旧的墙
These old walls...
石膏会吸收颜料
the plaster will just absorb the pigment.
如果你愿意 我可以想想办法
I can look into it, if you like.
找些底漆之类的
Some sort of primer.
我们总是可以重新再画的
We can always repaint it.
你从来都觉得别人给的帮助没有用 是吗
You never find offers of help helpful, do you?
之前泵坏掉的时候 你的帮助就很有用啊
You were marvellous when the pump broke down.
瓦妮莎 如果我们上过床
You know Nessa, if we fucked
你可能觉得我没那么讨厌
you'd probably find me less irritating.
那也不一定 不是吗
I don't think we can be certain of that, do you?
晚安
Good night, now.
小兔 你在干什么
Bunny, what do you think you are doing?
我在喝可可
I am having a cocoa.
你个自私鬼
You selfish sod!