剧集 | 凯蒂·基恩 | 导航列表
豪尔赫 亲爱的 一位智者曾说
Jorge, dear, a wise woman once said
Lady Gaga宣传电影时所说
如果房♥间里有一百人
that there can be a hundred people in a room,
就算其中99个都不相信你
and it doesn't matter if 99 of them
也没关系 只需一人足矣
don't believe in you, so long as one does.
没有人提出要投资
Didn't get a single bite.
但我们还有机会
But all is not lost.
我成功地融到了资金
I did manage to raise some capital.
不 我不感兴趣
Nope. Not interested.
这出音乐剧很怪异 像是在自我满足
The musical was bizarre and self-indulgent.
之前他们也是这么评价《长靴》的
That's what they said about Kinky Boots,
但那赢了六项托尼奖
and it won six Tonys.
你是说我弟弟
So, you're saying my brother
真的投资了那部荒诞变装皇后版的
actually invested in that weird drag revival
《蜘蛛女之吻》
of Kiss of the Spider Woman?
他很懂艺术
The man knows art when he sees it.
我又能说什么呢
What can I say?
说实话
Be real with me.
你到底许诺了他什么
What, exactly, did you promise him?
我应该听乔茜的
Oh, I should have listened to Josie.
她警告过我不要来找你
She warned me not to come to you.
"别浪费你的时间了 小佩
"Don't waste your time, Pep.
亚历克斯·卡伯特不会冒险的"
Alex Cabot doesn't take big swings."
你想冒险吗
You want to take a big swing?
好 我会投资你的音乐剧
Fine. I'll invest in your musical,
但有一个条件
on one condition.
亚历克斯想让乔茜演蜘蛛女
Alex wants Josie to play the Spider Woman?
他真是走火入魔了
Well, that boy is whipped.
他也是个优秀的商人
Well, he's also just a good businessman.
这部音乐剧变成双主角
Make the show a two-hander.
乔茜成为明星 扩大观众群
Give Josie the star turn. Get a wider audience.
六个月后 我们的演出场所就会从
In six months' time, we'll transfer
莫莉危机酒吧变成新阿姆斯特丹剧院
from Molly's Crisis to the New Amsterdam.
如果有人能实现这一切 一定是豪尔赫
Well, if anyone can make it happen, it's Jorge.
《长靴》主演 因《姿态》获金球奖提名
他是下一个比利·波特
He's the next Billy Porter.
怎么了 我也可以看《姿态》啊
What? I'm allowed to watch Pose.
我相信KO 我投资
I trust KO. I want in.
但如果老天保佑这部剧
But if this Hail Mary of a show
确实可以在百老汇演出的话
actually does make it to Broadway,
我来演蜘蛛女 而不是乔茜
I get to play the Spider Woman, not Josie.
在你怀疑我的实力之前 我先说明
And before you question my bonafides,
号♥称百老汇儿童演员集中营
我参加了六次舞台庄园的夏令营
I did six summers at Stagedoor Manor.
我现在看出来了
I can see it now.
你的名字会闪闪发光
Your name in lights.
亚历珊德拉·卡伯特
Alexandra Cabot
出演蜘蛛女
as the Spider Woman.
乔茜·麦可伊
Josie McCoy as
出演蜘蛛女
the Spider Woman.
绝不
Hell no!
我要演蜘蛛女
I'm playing the Spider Woman.
这部音乐剧的意义
I mean, the whole point of this show
就是让金吉儿万众瞩目
is to give Ginger the spotlight.
你现在告诉我
And now you're telling me
乔茜要演蜘蛛女了
that Josie's gonna be the Spider Woman?
豪尔赫 亲爱的 没有卡伯特们的钱
Jorge, darling, there won't be a show, all right,
这部音乐剧就不会存在了
without the Cabots' money.
他们想要一部更
And they want a more...
传统的版本
traditional version.
你来演莫利纳
You as Molina,
乔茜来演蜘蛛女
and Josie as the Spider Woman.
我们都知道莫利纳是这部剧的明星 对吧
We all know that Molina is the true star part, right?
不好意思 奇塔·里维拉
Excuse me, I'm sorry, Ms. Chita Rivera
和凡妮莎·威廉斯
and Ms. Vanessa Williams
都在百老汇演的蜘蛛女
played the Spider Woman on Broadway.
谁演的莫利纳
Who played Molina?
你知道吗
Do you know?
我也不知道
Neither do I!
一旦我们在百老汇演出
Once we open on Broadway,
我们就来一出狸猫换太子
we'll pull a bait and switch
让你出演蜘蛛女
and cast you as the Spider Woman.
-是吧 佩珀 -完全没错
- Right, Pepper? - Absolutely!
我等不及看到
I can't wait to see
金吉儿的名字被霓虹灯点亮了
Ginger's name up in lights.
我考虑一下
I'll consider it.
但这只是因为
But only because
我爸可能还没准备好看到我变装皇后的样子
my dad may not be ready to see me in drag yet,
如果我决定邀请他的话
if I even decide to invite him.
还有
And...
你们现在看到的
...you two are looking at
是一位不高兴的皇后
one unhappy queen.
阿曼达说你要见我
Hi. Amanda said you wanted to see me?
坐下 告诉我 凯蒂
Sit. Tell me something, Katy.
为什么你需要给一个独角戏
Why do you need to make fifty-five costumes
做55套服装
for a one-man show?
我知道设计皇室婚纱对莱西百货意味着什么
I know what designing the royal wedding dress means for Lacy's,
但我有充分的拒绝理由
but I have a very good reason to turn it down.
这个理由和
Would it have anything to do
埃罗尔王子看你的眼神有关吗
with the way Prince Errol looks at you?
我和他上♥床♥了
I slept with him.
但我以为他和帕特丽夏分手了
But I thought that he had ended it with Patricia.
我不能接受
I couldn't live with myself
自己的职业生涯以她的婚纱为基础
if my entire career was built around her wedding dress.
有意思
Funny.
我不能接受自己抛弃了
I couldn't live with myself if I threw away
人生中最大的机遇
the biggest opportunity of my life
还是因为一个男人
because of a man.
格洛莉亚 这样做不会有好下场
Gloria, this will not end well.
凯蒂 设计这条婚纱吧
Katy, design this wedding dress.
不为帕特丽夏 为莱西百货
Not for Patricia, for Lacy's.
为你自己
And for yourself.
到底有什么突发事件
OK, what's the big emergency now?
事实证明 你的经纪人
Well, it turns out your manager
比你想象的要残酷得多
is much more cutthroat than you gave him credit for.
他想投资豪尔赫的音乐剧
He wants to invest in Jorge's musical.
但前提是你同意扮演蜘蛛女
But only if you agree to play the Spider Woman.
佩珀
Oh, Pepper.
我不能这样对豪尔赫
I can't do that to Jorge.
反正如果亚历克斯不出钱
Well, he's going to lose the show anyway,
他也没法演出
without Alex's money.
所以你其实是在帮他一个大忙
So, technically, you'd be doing him a huge favor.
再提醒你一下
And may I remind you
没人在乎詹妮弗·哈德森的音乐
that no one cared about Jennifer Hudson's music
直到她出演了《追梦女郎》
until she did Dreamgirls--
她还赢了奥斯卡呢
and she won an Oscar.
好吧 我同意
OK. I'm in.
不过前提是豪尔赫同意
But only if it's OK with Jorge.
好
Fine.
看看这个
Clock this.
你要设计帕特丽夏的婚纱吗
Are you gonna design Patricia's wedding dress?
皇家订婚宴
独家报道
我有选择吗
Do I really have a choice?
格洛莉亚不允许我拒绝
Gloria won't take no for an answer.
而且 如果我不设计这条婚纱
And also, if I don't design the dress,
会不会让埃罗尔错误地以为
will that give Errol the wrong message,
我不支持他结婚
that somehow I don't support his marriage?
姑娘 被王子追求
Oh, girl, to be wanted by a prince,
简直是《魔法黑森林》里的灰姑娘
how very Cinderella in Into the Woods!
如果我解决你的问题 你能解决我的吗
If I solve your problem, will you solve mine?
好 成交
Yes, deal.
设计一条婚纱
剧集 | 凯蒂·基恩 | 导航列表