剧集 | 凯蒂·基恩 | 导航列表
在室外零下十度的纽约
The thing with being single in New York
当个单身狗是什么感觉
when it's ten degrees below zero outside?
你不得不禁足室内 并关注自身
It forces you to stay indoors and focus on yourself.
对我来说 那意味着为申请帕森斯设计学院
For me, that was perfecting my portfolio
准备完美的作品集
for Parsons fashion school.
申请截止日期眼看就要到了
With the application deadline looming,
该挑出我最令人惊艳的三套衣服交上去了
it was time to pick my three most heart-stopping outfits to submit.
感觉少了点什么
Something's not working.
等等 我有主意了
Wait, I've got it.
妈妈的遗愿就是让我学时尚设计
It had been my mom's dying wish that I study fashion.
但是 和那个装着她遗物的旧盒子一样
But, just like the old box of her things,
私人物品
病患姓名 凯瑟琳·基恩
家属 凯蒂·基恩
收件人签名 凯蒂·基恩
这个梦想也被我塞到了衣柜的角落里
I'd stashed that dream to the back of my closet.
毕竟过日子要紧
Life got in the way.
如今 有了朋友们的帮助
Now, with the help of my friends,
我总算回归了正轨
I was finally getting back on track.
好极了
Yes!
有了这三套设计
With these three designs,
帕森斯疯了才会不要你
Parsons would be insane not to let you in.
谢谢你 乔茜 但即使我被录取了
Thanks, Josie. But even if I get in,
也要拿全额奖学金才能读得起
I can only afford to attend if I get a full scholarship.
上个获得全奖的人
The last recipient
靠的可是汤姆·福特的手写信
got a handwritten letter from Tom Ford.
我又不认识汤姆·福特
I don't know Tom Ford.
著名时尚教母 《欲望都市》服装指导
佩珀是帕翠莎·菲尔德的朋友
Pepper's friends with Patricia Field.
算不上朋友啦 只是认识而已
I would't say we're friends. More acquaintances, really.
你可以请她帮凯蒂写推荐信 何不试试呢
Well, you could ask her to write Katy a letter. I mean, why not?
因为凯蒂天天在格洛莉亚·格兰比尔特身边
Because Katy spends every day with the Gloria Grandbilt.
她就是时尚界的守门人
She's the gatekeeper of the fashion biz.
而且 找和你共事的人写推荐信
Plus, you know, a letter from someone you actually work with
会更有意义和个性 不是吗
is more meaningful and personal, no?
你说得对 找她些最有希望了
You're right. She's my best shot.
听起来不太妙
That didn't sound good.
纽约市将在未来24小时处于警戒状态
The city of New York is on standby for the next twenty-four hours,
绕南极或北极的高空气旋性大型环流
气温骤降至零下数十度 可能造成冰雨 霜冻或暴雪
因为即将到来的极地涡旋
an incoming polar vortex
可能导致交通受阻
threatens to shutter transport,
道路关闭 营业暂停
close roads and businesses.
不是吧 上一次的极涡我还没缓过来呢
No, not again. I haven't recovered from the last polar vortex.
你们美国人戏太多了吧
You Americans are so dramatic.
你知道英格兰人管极涡叫什么吗
Do you know what we call a polar vortex in England?
一月
January.
我看这是个宅家的好借口
Well, I think it's a good excuse to stay in,
1970年美剧 讲述女性在大都市发现自己 爱自己的故事
可以窝在被子里 看《玛丽·泰勒·摩尔秀》
huddle under the covers and watch The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
没错
Yes.
对了 乔茜 这提醒我了
Oh, Josie, that reminds me,
有线电视费你还没给我呢
you still owe me for the cable bill.
我已经在甜甜圈店和唱片行打两份工了
Ok, so, I've been working double shifts at Plunkin's
但还是交房♥租都困难
and Chubby's and I can barely afford rent.
而且我几乎从来没开过电视
Plus, I've literally never turned the TV on once, so,
电视费我能不摊吗
do I have to chip in?
你可真像玛西
That was very Marci of you.
-玛西是谁 -没谁 别在意
- Who's Marci? - No, never mind.
姐♥妹♥们♥ 格洛莉亚时时刻刻
You guys, Gloria is surrounded by couture
都被高级时装包围着
every second of her life.
我要怎么让她看到这些
How am I supposed to show her these?
凯蒂 我去过莱西百货
Katy, I have been to Lacy's,
这些衣服能轻易融入
these outfits would fit right in.
你没问题的
You got this.
谢谢你愿意考虑为我写推荐信 格洛莉亚
Thank you for considering writing me a letter, Gloria,
这对我来说意义重大
it means everything to me.
告诉我 凯蒂 这三个造型有什么共同点
Tell me, Katy, what do these three looks have in common?
都是我做的
That... I made them?
-还有呢 -还有...
- And... - And...
仅此而已 它们之间毫无关联
That's about all. There's no cohesion.
太五花八门了 你的客户群是谁 变装皇后吗
You're all over the map. Who's your client, a drag queen?
著名影星 曾获奥斯卡最佳女配角提名
科洛·塞维尼 还是心智未开的小毛孩
Chloe Sevigny? A heart-obsessed toddler?
-我... -我想看到你的远见 重心
- I-- - I want to see vision, focus,
脑中只想着一位客户设计
how you design with one client in mind.
纽约弗里克收藏馆举办的年度慈善舞会
算你走运 我准备参加青年舞会
Lucky for you, I'm attending the Young Fellows Ball
正好缺礼服
and have nothing to wear.
你帮我设计吧 凯蒂
Make me something, Katy.
如果我喜欢 就帮你写推荐信
If I like it, I'll write your letter.
格洛莉亚 舞会是明天晚上
Um, Gloria, the ball is tomorrow night.
是啊 你还有一天多的时间
That's right. You have a little over twenty-four hours,
对你这种干劲十足的年轻人来说足够了
plenty of time for a young go-getter like yourself.
好 那我需要量一下尺寸
Ok, I will need some measurements then.
不好意思
Sorry.
如果你给别人看了
If anyone sees this
我会把你
you'll be burned
和那些卖♥♥不出去的过季旧衣服一起烧掉
along with last season's unsold collections.
看你有什么本事
See what you whip up.
她是故意让我失败的
I am being set up to fail.
格洛莉亚又用她常用的手段对付我
Gloria is just putting me through her usual paces
好让我再次失败
so she can shoot me down again,
就和选拔私人导购一样的手段
just like she did with that personal shopper position.
在你短短人生中 你做了多少条裙子
How many dresses have you made in your short lifetime?
成百条 比那还多
Hundreds. More.
那这条又有什么不一样的呢
See, how is this one any different?
别让格洛莉亚吓到你 相信自己
Don't let Gloria get into your head. Trust yourself.
你觉得这天气会和大家说的一样冷吗
Do you think it's going to be as cold as they say?
会更冷 每每温度下降 我都浑身刺痛
Worse. Every time the temperature drops, I get a tingle.
我来装扮完这些人体模特
I'll finish bundling up the mannequins,
你赶紧回家 开始设计吧
you go home and start sketching.
-谢谢 -快走吧
- Thank you. - Get out of here.
不好意思 有什么要帮忙的吗
Excuse me, can I help you?
没有 谢谢
No, thank you.
我记得这下面还有空间
I know there were space hidden down here somewhere.
天哪 查比 这都是什么
Oh, wow, Chubby. What is all this?
以前这里是录音室
It used to be a recording studio.
帕蒂·史密斯之后就没人在这唱过歌♥
No one's sung a tune in here since Patti Smith.
美国70年代词曲作者和诗人
被誉为朋克教母
帕蒂·史密斯在这里录过歌♥吗
Patti Smith recorded here?
是的 很多人都在这录过
Oh, sure. Lot of cats did.
我们当时拥有一个独♥立♥厂牌
We had a little indie label back in the day.
还发行过唱片
Even pressed our own records.
所以 那个唱片大约你决定好怎么做了吗
So, did you decide what to do with your own big-time record deal?
不是唱片 就只是张迷你专辑
It's not a record deal, it's just an EP.
钱只够录四首歌♥
Enough money to record four songs.
我还没有把支票兑换掉
I, uh, haven't cashed the check yet.
我甚至还没有告诉亚历克斯和我的朋友
I haven't even told Alex or my friends about it.
这是件大事 你为什么不想让他们知道
This is a big deal, why do you want to keep it all to yourself?
因为我还不知道我到底是怎样的感受
Because I don't know how to feel about it yet.
卡伯特先生就是想让我和他的儿子约会
Mr. Cabot basically wants me to date his son.
而不是欣赏我的音乐和才华 我被利用了
It's not about my music or my talent, I'm being used.
至于我的朋友们 我也刚刚认识他们
And as for my friends, I kinda just met them
我不想让他们看不起我
and I don't want them to judge me.
据我所知 任何人想在娱乐行业成名
I don't know that anyone ever made it in showbiz
都是要付出代价
without paying a price.
乔茜
Josie?
我知道你现在最不想见到我 但是
Look, I know I'm the last person you want to see right now, but...
卡伯特姐弟接吻
继姐弟原是恋人
来自匿名人士爆料
It's from an anonymous source.
你觉得是我泄露的吗
And you think it's me?
我爸爸觉得是你
My Dad does.
也有道理
Makes sense given
基于你是唯一一个最近了解真♥相♥的人
you're the only new person who recently learned the truth.
剧集 | 凯蒂·基恩 | 导航列表