This building houses our new fast breeder reactor,
麒麟草
Goldenrod.
本周末就将加入国家电网
It's due to join the National Grid this weekend.
他是什么人 这个拉克斯曼博士
So who was he, this Dr. Laxman?
他是巴格利教授的朋友
He was a friend of Professor Bagley.
你认识他吗
Do you know him?
没有他 可能就不会有布兰姆福德
Bramford probably wouldn't have existed without him.
巴格利教授对于英国发展自己的
Professor Bagley proved vital to Britain's efforts
核能力至关重要
in developing its own nuclear capability.
当然了 是在他迷失方向之前
Before he lost his way, of course.
怎么说
How's that?
他妻子随他一起去了乌梅洛和蒙特贝洛岛
His wife was with him at Woomera and the Montebello Islands
均在澳大利亚
英国核试验对澳大利亚的残留影响极大
观看英国首次核试验
for the first British nuclear tests.
之后 她患上了一种恶性白血病
Later, she developed a particularly aggressive leukemia.
巴格利感到自责
And Bagley blamed himself.
她死后
When she died,
他不再支持核能源了
he recanted his admiration for atomic energy.
否认了自己的成就
Disavowed his achievements.
考虑到他的情况 这情有可原
That's understandable, in the circumstances.
或许吧 但是
Perhaps, but...
你无法撤销轮子的发明
You can't disinvent the wheel.
请
Please.
我带你们去控制室
Let me show you the control room.
妈妈怎么样了
How's Mum?
担心得要疯了
Half out of her mind with worry.
你就不能打个电♥话♥ 让她安下心来
You could've called, just to... set her mind at rest.
我不能
I couldn't.
她会说服我回去的
She'd have got around me.
那就那么糟吗
Would that have been the end of the world?
看
See?
所以我才必须走
That's why I had to go.
如果我回家
If I come home,
然后呢
what then?
回去朝九晚五吗
Back to the 9:00 to 5:00?
在电视机前吃晚饭
Tea in front of the telly?
周六找个绝不会把手
The Saturday dates with some nice boy
伸进我裙子里的好男孩约会
who won't try and put his hand up my skirt?
-琼 -你是希望我变成那样吗
- Joan... - Is-is that what you want me to be?
订婚派对
The engagement party?
查理叔叔在婚礼上讲黄段子
Uncle Charlie's blue jokes at the wedding?
在新小区买♥♥栋上下各两间屋的房♥子
Two-up, two-down on some new estate,
左邻右舍都一模一样 走廊里还有辆婴儿车
every house the same, with a pram in the hall?
有什么不好
Why not?
我们当年要有那条件会乐坏的
We'd have been glad of something like that,
我和你妈
your mother and me.
你太小不会记得 但是
You're too young to remember, but...
我们刚结婚的头两年
Our first two years of married life
战后 我刚回来时
after I'd come back from the war,
我们跟你爷爷奶奶一起住在五金店楼上
we lived with your nan and granddad over the ironmongers'.
搬进预制房♥屋时 简直感觉像中了大奖
Moved into the prefab, we thought we'd won the pools.
我不是你和妈妈
I'm not you and mum.
这不是你的人生 是我的
And it's not your life, it's mine.
我是她父亲
I'm her father.
雷
Ray.
认识你很高兴
Pleased to meet you.
要我待会儿再来吗
You want me to come back?
不必 他就走了
Take no notice, he's just leaving.
我没完事呢
I'm not done here.
我看你是没事了 伙计
Oh, I think you are, mate.
这真是你想要的吗
Is this really what you want?
好吧
Well.
路是你自己选的
You've made your bed.
那些辐射材料
And the radioactive material...
安全吗
Is it safe?
非常安全
Perfectly.
牛津医院流入泰晤士河的辐射
There's more radioactivity comes down the Thames from Oxford
都比布兰姆福德发出得多
due to the hospitals than comes out of Bramford.
麒麟草是由一台电脑控制
Goldenrod is controlled by a computer,
这就排除了人为错误的风险
thus removing the risk of human error.
最新的共享超级计算机
The latest Joint Computing Nexus model.
但还有电脑之外的手动故障保险措施吧
Presumably there's a human failsafe, beyond the computer.
莱文博士 这是《牛津邮报》的弗雷泽小姐
Dr. Levin, this is Miss Frazil of the Oxford Mail
和市警局的摩斯警员
and, uh, Detective Constable Morse of the City Police.
我在带他们参观电站
I'm been giving them a tour of the facility.
或许你可以安抚他们的担忧
Perhaps you could allay their fears.
没问题 当然了
Of course, of course-- well, uh, well, naturally,
我们还有手动故障保险措施
we do retain a human failsafe,
是基于紧急停堆系统
based on the, uh, the SCRAM system.
别担心 只是测试
Don't be alarmed, it's just a test.
我还有些问题
Well, I have a few questions
是关于麒麟草对军备战的影响 布雷克先生
about Goldenrod's contribution to the arms race, Mr. Blake.
摩斯不会介意我们失陪吧
I'm sure Morse will excuse us.
莱文博士会乐意回答
Oh, Dr. Levin will be happy to answer
你任何的其他问题
any further questions you may have.
麻烦你找一下访客名册
And if you could dig out those visitors' books,
多谢了
I'd appreciate it.
当然 像弗雷泽小姐说的
Of course. As Miss Frazil said,
我们无可隐瞒
we've nothing to hide.
你好 雷
Hello, Ray.
听着 伙计
Now look, mate.
我不是你的伙计 起来
I'm not your mate-- get up'.
我要报♥警♥抓你
I'll have the bloody law on you.
我就是警♥察♥
I am the law.
弗莱德·瑟斯戴督察
Detective Inspector Fred Thursday.
589LFT
5-8-9, Lima, Foxtrot, Tango.
五分钟内
In five minutes,
我就能了解你的一切
I'll know everything there is to know about you,
从你的家庭住址 到你的裤长
from your home address to your inside leg.
那我去举报你
Yeah, I'll report you'.
你不会的
No, you won't'.
你再敢靠近她 我就给你按个莫须有的罪名
You come near her again, I'll fit you up for a nonse
你还来不及搞清楚怎么回事
and have you in chokey so fast,
就被关进监狱
you'll wonder what's hit you.
你不能那么做
You can't do that.
等着瞧
Watch me.
我前两天见过你妻子
I met your wife the other day.
事关一位马修·拉克斯曼
Regarding a Matthew Laxman.
是的 她说了
Yes, yes, she said.
但她也跟你说了吧
But I'm-I'm sure she told you
我们来英国没那么久
we've, uh, we've not been in England that long.
你觉得这里怎么样
And how are you finding it?
公众对原子能有很多
There's a lot of misunderstanding amongst the public
误解
when it comes to atomic energy.
一方面
On the one hand,
电站让布兰姆福德发展了起来
the plant has turned Bramford into a bit of a boomtown.
另一方面 谁家奶牛的奶变质了
On the other, a cow's milk turns bad,
或哪年收成不好了
or a bad harvest...
电站就会背锅
The plant gets the blame.
只是无知罢了
Oh, it's just ignorance.
你不会说巴格利教授无知吧
So you wouldn't call Professor Bagley ignorant, presumably.
你认识唐纳德
You know Donald?
是 我见过他 你呢
Yes, I've met him-- do you?
当然
Sure, sure.
《解放了的普罗米修斯》可是物理专业必读书
Prometheus Unbound was required reading for any physics major.
他一直都是我的英雄
He's been a hero to me for as long as I can recall.
我以前每次来英国都去看他
I saw him whenever I came to England.
没有他 我也不会在这里
In fact, I wouldn't be here without him.
怎么说
How's that?
是他给了我推荐
Oh, he gave me a reference.
唐纳德·巴格利的大名仍能在布兰姆福德敲开大门
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表