剧集 | 节食王国 | 导航列表
No, I'm good, thank you.
要喝点什么吗 我们刚要开另一瓶红酒
Or a drink? We were just about to open another bottle of red.
-不用了 谢谢 真的 -你叫什么
- I'm fine, thank you. Really. - What's your name?
-李子 李子·凯特尔 -不是吧
- Plum. Plum Kettle. - No, it's not.
你来自儿童读物的吗
Are you from a children's book?
友善点 我们要假装你并不存在吗 亲爱的
Be nice. Shall we pretend that you're not even here, dear?
-请 -天啊
- Please. - Oh, my God,
你们听说那件事了吗
did you guys hear about that thing that happened?
被甩出高速路的那些人
The guys who were thrown out on the freeway?
是的 珍妮弗 我都入迷了
Yeah. Jennifer. I'm grimly fascinated.
我有点支持珍妮弗
Yeah, I'm kinda rootin' for Jennifer.
-是件坏事吗 -维雷娜会这么说
- Is that a wrong thing? - Verena would say so.
-她觉得很糟糕 -两种反应都正常
- She thinks it's horrible. - Both responses are appropriate,
但是警戒主义
but vigilantism
-是条下坡路 -你说得对
- is a slippery slope. - You are correct.
他们应该真的只做了两次 也许再四次
They should really only do it two...maybe four more times.
我有一些名字
I got some names for them.
有另一个失踪的人
Well, there is another guy that's missing.
那个摄影师 拍非法照片的那个
That photographer-- the one who did those shady pictures.
-斯特拉·克罗斯的广♥告♥ -天啊 那几个
- The ads for Stella Cross? - Oh, my God, those ones
她被绑在哪
where she's tied up?
她是个色情明星 你还指望什么
She's a porn star! What do you expect?
-他叫什么 特伦斯 -马利克·费格森
- What's his name? Uh, Terrance-- - Malleck. Ferguson.
他有时和凯蒂一起工作
He worked with Kitty sometimes.
根本不是特伦斯 谢谢你 李子·凯特尔
Yeah, not Terrance at all. Thank you, Plum Kettle.
是 那个变♥态♥ 对吗
Yeah, that pervert guy, right?
他好像在参加派对 然后就消失了
He was like at a party, and he just disappeared, I think.
我并不惊讶
Doesn't surprise me.
并不是人人都喜欢他
He's not well-liked.
天啊 你们知道斯特拉·克罗斯
Oh, my God, did you guys hear that Stella Cross
为没毛阴♥道♥临时纹身
is putting out a line of temporary tattoos...
还做了个专栏吗
for the hairless pussy?
勇往直前 姑娘 你也弄一个
Get on it, girl. You gotta get one
弄个像熊阱的
that looks like a bear trap!
我们并不经常在晚饭前谈论阴♥道♥
We don't usually talk this much about pussy before dinner.
-我们经常的 -这是个谎言
- Oh, we absolutely do. - This is a lie.
什么是谎言
What is a lie?
不要紧的事 亲爱的
Absolutely nothing of consequence, love.
李子
Plum.
我真高兴你来了
I am so glad you're here.
丽塔给我发了一些你写的东西
Leeta sent me some of your writing.
什么东西
Sh-- What writing?
你就是凯蒂 对吗
You're Kitty, right?
有一些颠覆性的想法
Some subversive ideas in there.
我只是做了我该做的事
I did what I could.
我们注意到了
Well, we noticed.
拐角的那座建筑物是个教堂
So, the building on the corner was a church
是任性女孩的家
and a home for wayward girls.
杰克手很巧 所以当我得到那栋楼
Jake is handy, so when I acquired the building,
我们扩张了 但现在他不停翻新
we expanded, but now he can't stop renovating.
-像温彻斯特神秘屋 -抱歉 什么
- Like the Winchester Mystery House. u202d- I'm sorry, the what?
-不重要 -我会谷歌♥一下的
- Uh, it's not important. - I'll Google it.
问题是 现在我有个礼堂
Point is, now I have an auditorium
完全不知道该用它做什么
and no idea what to do with it.
不管怎样 丽塔和你说过关于卡拉培的什么
Anyway, uh, so what did Leeta tell you about Calliope?
这是卡拉培
Is this Calliope?
所以是什么都没说
So, nothing.
是的 我们的目标是支持有大胆想法的女性
Yes. Our goal is to support women with bold ideas.
那些将会愿和我们共同对抗厌女症
Women who will further our mission of fighting misogyny,
推行性别平等使命的女性
gender inequality.
我想这听起来有点儿冠冕堂皇
I realize that sounds a little sprawling and grand.
但最重要的是 我寻找到那些被忽视 虐待
Uh, the bottom line is, I find women who have been discounted,
边缘化的女性 也就是我们中的大多数
abused, marginalized-- which is most of us--
我帮她们构建改变的愿景
and I help them form their vision for change,
之后再帮她们采取行动
then I help them act on it.
不可能
No way.
可能
Way.
我记得这个 老天 在广♥告♥里
I remember these! God, from the commercials.
我妈妈
My mama.
那是她的
Those were hers.
丽塔跟我说你也参与编写了这个项目
Leeta told me you were on the program.
《尤拉伊拉的一生》
Quite a life Eulayla had.
乔治亚州小姐
我父亲是牧师
My father was a preacher.
他在选美大赛上看到我母亲的
He fell in love, first sight,
那一瞬间就对她一见钟情
when he saw Mother in a beauty pageant.
她获胜 又获胜
She won, and won again,
一直到1966年成为乔治亚州小姐冠军
all the way to Miss Georgia, 1966.
我父亲追求她
My father wooed her...
在星期天做完礼拜后向她求婚
and proposed after Sunday services.
她答应了
She said yes.
然后母亲在生了我之后开始发胖
Then Mother got heavy after she had me,
她很绝望
and she got desperate.
她想要做胃分隔手术
She wanted to get her stomach stapled...
但他不会让她去冒那样的风险
But he couldn't let her take that risk.
相反的 他为她雇了个厨师
He hired her a cook instead.
没错
Exactly.
食物是罪孽
Food was the sin
而我母亲是罪人
and Mama was the sinner.
所以 她只吃厨师做的东西
So, she ate only what was provided
而且为了避开诱惑她从没踏出过家门
and avoided temptation by never leaving the house.
将近一年没人见过她
No one saw her for almost a year.
人们都以为她可能死了
People thought she might be dead.
但没有
But no.
从那天起 她成为了我这种女性
From that day forward, she was a symbol of hope...
希望的象征
for women like me.
你都知道
You got it.
上帝和我父亲的计划
God and my father's plan--
大部分是我父亲的计划
mostly my father's plan--
使她恢复理智
returned her to sound mind
以及上帝保佑的四码体型
and a blessed size four.
他们给我们讲过这些 尤拉伊拉的故事
They taught us all that. Eulayla's story.
只不过是谎言而已
Only it was a lie.
他们变得有钱之后 我妈妈又一次发胖
After they got rich, Mama got fat again.
但这次 计划不起作用了
But this time, the plan didn't work.
由于财产也有风险
Now that there was money at stake,
所以我父亲对胃分隔手术的态度有了转变
my father had a change of heart about the stomach stapling.
但手术出了一些差错
But something went wrong.
我母亲余生都穿着尿布
My mother wore a diaper for the rest of her life.
但那还不是唯一的并发症
But that wasn't the only complication.
她靠吃药来抑制她的食欲
She got pills to kill her appetite.
我母亲开始从伏特加里摄入所有的能量
Mother started to get all her calories from vodka.
我父亲对此感到厌恶
My father was disgusted.
他们互相指责
They railed at each other.
之后车祸发生了
And then came the crash.
我母亲无法独自生活
My mother couldn't live with herself....
或者和他一起生活
or him...
或者和我
or me.
我父母知道巴普蒂斯计划没有用
My parents knew the Baptist Plan didn't work.
什么人才能一辈子在这种饥饿状态下生存呢
What person can exist in that state of starvation for a lifetime?
我母亲不行 反正以她的意志力不行
My mother couldn't, not of her own volition.
难道没有法律吗 他们不能发布不实之词
Aren't there laws? They can't make false claims.
下面有印刷小字写着"效果因人而异"
The tiny print that says "Results not typical,"
这就是法律所要求的
that's all the law requires.
而且当你失败了
And when you fail,
诊所会责怪你不是一个超人
the clinic blames you for not being superhuman
然后再推销一个新计划给你
and sells you a new plan.
这就是为什么我关掉了那些诊所
And that is why I closed the clinics.
我恰巧有...
So, I just happen to have...
-尝一个 -不用了 谢谢
- Try one. - I'm fine, thank you.
天呐
God.
剧集 | 节食王国 | 导航列表