-不过什么 -这好棒
- But what? - It's gorgeous!
那是橙子和依兰味的
Oh, that's orange and ylang-ylang.
-你们的品牌叫什么 -「泡沫」
- What are you called? - Lathered.
我要两块那个 还要两块杏子的
I'll take two of those, and two of the apricot.
我知道斯蒂芬做得不对 可是
Look, I know Stephen messed up, but...
你不能把麦克斯困在进退两难的境地
You can't keep Max in limbo.
我知道
I know.
我们相聚在此是为了庆祝...
Right, we're here to celebrate...
我们的新事业启动了
The launch of our new business.
敬「泡沫」
To Lathered!
莉莉也有酒 我能喝点酒吗
Lily's got some. Can I have some?
你够高兴的了
You're bubbly enough.
没错 但他还能更高兴一点 对吧
Yeah, but he could be even bubblier, couldn't you?
今天的主角是你妈妈
Today is about your mother.
我一直认为你能有更大成就
I always thought you were capable of more, you know.
你有巨大的潜能
The potential you've got in you.
谢谢你 皮特
Thank you, Peter.
-他就是个混日子的 对不对 -没错
- Him, he's just a coaster, isn't he? - Yeah.
但你有进取心 是个行动派
You, you're a pusher, a go-getter.
还有我
Er, and me.
你 没错 恭喜两位女士
You, yes, congratulations. To the ladies.
敬女性
Female sex!
-好了 够了 -对吧 麦克斯
- Hey, all right, that's enough. - Right, Max?
怎么了 我很骄傲啊
What? Come on, I'm dead proud.
我妻子是个企业家 对吧
My wife, the entrepreneur, hey?
你还不能辞掉工作 要先等到她收入滚滚而来
Can't give up work yet, son. Wait till the money starts rolling in.
这本应是庆祝活动
Well, it was supposed to be a celebration.
为了掩饰问题
To paper over the cracks.
什么问题
What cracks?
你们去找的那个儿童心理学家
Well, that... child psychologist you all had to go to.
那叫什么来着 家庭诊疗
What do they call it? Family therapy?
我们和其他家长一样称职 芭芭拉
We're as good as any other parents, Barbara.
是吗
Are you?
你都还没满足他的愿望
I mean, you've still not given him what he wants.
够了
That's enough.
好了 大厨
All right, Nigella.
麦克斯 快点 你♥爸♥的招牌菜做好了
Max, hurry up, your dad's signature dish is on the pass.
那我们该敬什么呢
OK, what should we toast, then?
你和我
You and me?
我们不是多么幸福美满的夫妻
We're not exactly happily ever after, are we?
不过
But, um...
目前有改善的希望
We're getting somewhere.
我和你吗
Me and you?
我知道他就是那样子的
Look, I know he is what he is,
但麦克斯占用卫生间好久了
but Max has been in that bathroom so long
我的膀胱都要爆♥炸♥了
that my bladder's about to explode.
-他进去多久了 -大概半小时 怎么了
- How long's he been in there for? - Like half an hour, why?
-真的吗 -是啊
- Really? - Yeah.
他锁门了吗
Has he locked the door?
-应该锁了 -麦克斯
- I think so. - Max!
麦克斯
Max.
麦克斯
Max!
-麦克斯 -亲爱的 快开门
- Max. - Darling, unlock the door.
麦克斯 我是莉莉
Max, it's Lily!
麦克斯
Max!
-我不想要它 -麦克斯
- I don't want it! - Max!
别管我 它好恶心
Leave it! It's disgusting!
-退后 -我要弄掉它
- Stand back. - I wanna get rid of it!
我不想要它
I don't want it!
麦克斯
Max!
天呐
Oh, my god!
麦克斯 你在做什么
Max, what are you doing?
它在变化 它一直在变化
It's changing, it's changing all the time!
-它让我恶心 -玻璃给我
- It makes me feel sick! - Give me the glass.
-我想弄掉它 -浴缸里有玻璃
- I want to get rid of it! - There's glass in the bath.
它越来越大 我想弄掉它
It's getting bigger. I wanna get rid of it!
好了
OK!
好了 听我说 来
Right... Listen to me... Come on.
我受不了它了
I can't stand it.
没事了 没事了
It's OK, it's OK.
他们说过会发生这种事的 不是吗
They said this would happen, didn't they?
他们说你就是会有这种感觉的
They said this is how you're gonna feel.
现在我们要倾听你的心声
Now we've got to listen to you,
我们得做些什么 说话啊
we've got to do something. Come on!
我们会的 儿子 我们会的
We will. We will, son, we will.
-我们会的 麦克欣 -好 麦克欣
- We will, Maxine! - OK, Maxine.
好
Ok.
是时候成为独角兽了
麦克欣 你明白这事不只是
Maxine, you do realise this isn't just a matter of...
换个彩色铅笔盒
swapping one colour pencil case for another,
或选择篮网球那么简单吧
or opting for netball?
你现在想做的选择
The choice you wanna make now, it...
你想过那会有多艰难吗
Do you have any idea how hard it's gonna be?
希拉 他开始青春期发育了 他应付不了
Sheila, he's started puberty, and he's not handling it.
他尝试用碎玻璃切掉阴♥茎♥
He tried to take a broken glass to his erection.
妈
Mom!
我们不是在谈论想穿粉衣服的事
Well, we're not talking about wanting to wear pink!
你在做什么 你这是让他难堪
What are you doing? You're embarrassing him.
我想要个快乐的女儿 不是死去的儿子
I want a happy daughter, not a dead son.
那就别再用"他"来代指我了
Well, stop saying "He," then.
-抱歉 -斯蒂芬 你想要什么
- Sorry. - And Stephen, what do you want?
就是 这些变化 显然
You know, this transitioning thing, obviously...
会给
It'll give...
麦克欣自♥由♥
Maxine freedom,
不管最后结果如何 我觉得这都是好事
however it turns out in the end, which is a good thing, I guess.
你觉得麦克斯有没有可能突然说
What, you think Max might suddenly say...
"我不想再当女孩了"
"I don't feel like this any more"?
有可能
It's possible.
因为如果这只是一时之举 他又改主意了
Because if it is just temporary, and he changes his mind...
麦克斯可能只能转学了
Max might have to go to another school, and...
你们可能只能搬家去找别的学校了
you might have to move home to find one.
我不会改主意的
I'm not gonna change my mind, though.
我就想成为女孩
It's what I want to be.
那才是真正的我
It's what I am.
我见过他 她穿女式校服
I've seen him... her in her school skirt,
紧身裤♥袜♥那一套...
the tights and that, and...
看上去很合适
Looks right.
你们接受什么专业帮助了
What professional help are you getting?
有一家叫"渡口"的性别诊治医院
There's a gender clinic called the Ferrybank
一个从事心理健康的人推荐我们了
that we were referred to by a mental health practitioner,
但还在等他们回应我们
but we're still waiting for them to get back to us.
过了期中假期 我会给麦克斯的年级组寄封信
Over half term, I'm gonna send a letter out to Max's year group,
说她会以麦克欣的名字来上学
to say she's coming to school as Maxine.
谢谢你 希拉
Thank you, Sheila.
怎么样 她这样行吗
Well? Will she do?
她可以的
She'll do.
你可以的
You will.
过来
Come here.
加油 这是个新的开始
Come on, it's a new start.
莉莉 照顾好她
Lily, keep an eye.
-她知道的 -没错 不用担心
- Look, she knows. - Yeah, don't worry.
那已经深入我的脊髓了
It's in my DNA.
你在想什么
What are you thinking?
我会是个名副其实的女孩吗
Will I be a proper girl?
做你自己就好
Just be yourself.
你能做到的
You can do this.
勇敢些
Be brave.
我爱你
I love you.
好吗
All right?
去吧
Go on.
回头见