我们在他5岁时带他看过儿童心理医生
We took him to a child psychologist when he was five.
因为他似乎认定自己是女孩
because he seemed to be identifying as a girl.
我不想搞特殊
I don't want, like, special treatment.
我想要变得 正常
I want to be, you know, normal.
-车里坐的是谁 -那是珍玛
- Who's that in the car? - That is Gemma.
你好
Hiya.
天呐 莉莉 快叫救护车
Oh, my god. Lily, call an ambulance!
她要出门约会
She was going out on a date.
-你是为这事生气吗 -是啊 没错 怪我了
- Were you upset about that? - Oh, yeah, that's right, blame me!
-你有什么事 -我想保护麦克斯的安全
- What do you want? - I wanna keep Max safe.
那你是同意了吗 你愿意让我搬回去了
You agree, then, you're letting me back?
那并不代表我原谅你了
It doesn't mean I'm forgiving you.
我必须在他身边支持他
I've got to be there for him.
你到底对我隐瞒了什么 斯蒂芬
What aren't you telling me, Stephen?
你要做生意了
Going into business, are you?
-我不是同性恋 -那你还能是什么
- I'm not gay. - What else could you be?
麦克斯以后想穿成这样去学校
Max wants to go to school like this from now on,
并且他把名字改成了麦克欣
and he wants to change his name to Maxine.
我不希望失去我的宝贝儿子
Then I'm going to lose my little boy.
他为何就不能停止这样
Why can't he stop this?
你怎么就不能停止呢
Why can't he just stop it?!
美人鱼
集♥合♥处
我们是维姬和斯蒂芬·达菲
It's... Vicky and Stephen Duffy.
请在此处签名
If you just sign your names there,
我去拿名牌给你们
and I'll just get your name badges for you.
-好的 -好了 第一次来吗
- Great. - There we go. First time?
是的
Yeah.
我领你们去见爱丽丝
Let me take you through to meet Alice.
斯蒂芬
爱丽丝 打扰一下
Alice? So sorry...
这两位是维姬和斯蒂芬
Um, this is Vicky and Stephen.
我们通过电♥话♥ 很高兴见到你本人
We spoke on the phone. Lovely to meet in person.
我也是
Good to meet you, too.
别担心 我很清楚你们现在的感受
And don't worry, I know exactly how you're feeling.
爸爸们不常来参加
The dads don't always come.
我女儿遭遇过仇恨犯罪
My daughter experienced hate crimes...
被...
Being...
成年男性殴打
..Beaten up... by grown men.
经常被她其中一位老师
Being... constantly and deliberately called "Him" or "He"
故意称呼她为"他"
by one of her own teachers.
直到
Until...
我们向警♥察♥投诉
we made a complaint to the police.
这是萨姆 8岁
This was Sam, aged eight.
这是萨曼莎
And this is Samantha.
23岁
Aged 23.
她看起来很快乐 对吧
Doesn't she look happy?
同一个人 只是变成了她真正的样子
Same person, just the realisation of who she always was.
她如今在罗马居住和工作
And now, living and working in Rome,
和一个帅气的意大利人恋爱
dating a gorgeous Italian.
求你别走
Stay, please.
好了 大家有问题吗
OK, any questions?
你好 我们是新来的
Hi, we're new.
我们家12岁的孩子想以女孩的身份去上学
Our 12-year-old child wants to start going to school as a girl.
她想要大家叫他麦克欣 而不是麦克斯
She wants to be called Maxine, not Max,
是"她" 不是"他"
she, not he,
我们不知道该怎么办
and... well, we don't know what to do.
倾听你家孩子的心声
Listen to your child.
如果她很肯定...
If she's convinced...
那我们也应该肯定
Then so should we be.
你们还需要跟学校沟通
And you need to speak to your school.
找校长谈谈 叫他们参与进来
Talk to your head teacher, and get them involved,
在你的孩子打扮成女孩去上学前就铺垫好
before your child starts dressing as a girl.
如果你想得到支持
If you want any support with it...
可以随时来找我们
That's what we're here for.
-谢谢 谢谢大家 -好吗
- Thank you. Thanks. - Yeah?
-谢谢 -好了
- Thanks. - OK.
谢谢 很高兴认识大家
Thank you, nice to meet... nice to meet you.
珍玛
我感觉那很很鼓舞人心 你不觉得吗 好像...
I found that really encouraging, didn't you? It was like...
他们让你觉得一切都会好起来
They made you feel like everything was gonna be OK.
你觉得呢
How did you feel?
你在里面很安静
You were very quiet in there.
麦克斯求我留下 当个更称职的爸爸
Max asked me to stay, to be a better dad,
所以我来了
so, I'm here.
老实说 我觉得这很艰难
I found it difficult, if I'm being honest.
不过至少我们看过这个地方了
But at least we saw the place.
-对吧 -对
- Right? - Right.
怎么样 小基佬
All right, gay boy?
你是不是用身体磨蹭我
Is that you rubbing yourself up against me?
那是骚扰 知道吗
That's harassment, that is.
准备挨揍吧
Get smacked for it.
你坐着尿尿还是怎么的
Do you sit when you piss, or what?
走啊
Move!
你妈妈要自己创业了
Your mum's setting up her own business...
所以我得身兼数职
So I'm multi-tasking.
小心脚下
Watch your feet.
角色有点颠倒了 是吧
A bit of role reversal, eh?
但我看起来很帅 对不对
But I look good, yeah?
麦克斯
Max?
是因为校服的事不开心吗
Is it the uniform thing? The...
还是改名字的事
changing your name thing, the, you know...
代称的事
..Pronoun?
不 都不是
No, none of that.
好吧
Ok.
学校
School?
好吧
All right.
告诉我怎么回事
Tell me about it.
我希望自己... 有超能力
I wish I had... like... superpowers, you know.
一拳能把其他孩子打飞
A punch that could send kids flying.
阿德南表现很好 对不对
Adnan's doing so well, aren't you?
他上课积极举手发言
He's putting his hand up in class,
用英语提问
and he's asking questions in English.
你应该为他感到骄傲 我就很骄傲
You should be very proud of him. I am.
失陪一下 不好意思
Um, would you excuse me, please?
你看到他了吗 那是我儿子
You see him? That's my son.
我告诉你 你敢再接近他
I'll tell you what, you go near him again,
再对他说一个字
you say anything to him again,
我就把手伸进你的喉咙
I will put my hand so far down your throat,
直接把你的心脏扯出来
I will rip out your heart.
听明白了吗
Do you understand?
你不能揍孩子
Can't hit kids, mate.
这是违法行为
It's against the law.
-什么 -这是袭击罪
- What? - It's assault.
我会告诉警方
I'll just tell them that
我只是保护他不遭受仇恨犯罪
I was defending him against a hate crime.
你知道我说的是哪种仇恨 对吧
You know what sort of hate I'm talking about, don't you?
所以除非你们愿意和平相处
So, unless you boys wanna get on board
互相理解 否则我会再来找你们
with peace, love, and understanding, you will see me again,
现在滚吧 快滚
so, go on, piss off!
你以为自己在干什么
What the hell do you think you were doing?
我在努力 他们一直欺负他
I'm trying! They've been bullying him.
他们可以去投诉你 或者更糟的是
They could make a complaint, or worse still,
你可能会收到警方警告
you could get a police caution.
他们不喜欢我这类人
They don't like what I am.
我只是想让他的生活变得容易些 好一些
I'm just trying to make life easier and better for him, OK?
不能用这种方式 你不能威胁小孩
That is not the way to do it. You don't threaten kids.
我在尽我所能
I'm doing what I can.
我在努力 真的
I'm trying. I'm trying.
他威胁要揍几个小孩 宝拉
He threatened to beat up some children, Paula.
那怎么能帮助麦克斯呢
How is that supposed to help Max?
我知道这事很严重 不过
Yeah, I know it's a big deal, but...