她这样行吗
Will she do?
她可以的
She'll do.
你真幸运
You're lucky.
尤其是我要成为你最好的朋友了
Especially as I'm gonna be your best friend as well.
-可你没变性 -我是个肥猪
- You're not trans, though. - I'm a fat pig.
你们不能拒绝给她治疗
You can't deny her treatment.
我们并不是完全拒绝 只是说现在不行
We never say no, we only say not now.
她们之所以不支持 都是因为你不支持她
They won't support this because you won't support her.
别随波逐流
Don't go along with things
除非你确定这是为了他做的正确的事
if you're not certain it's the right thing for him.
但我感兴趣的是你
Well, it's actually you that I'm interested in.
-妈 -现在不行 亲爱的
- Mum. - Not now, darling.
-求你听我说 -拜托了 现在不行
- Please can you just listen? - Please, not now.
至少之前你是为了麦克欣
At least it was about Maxine before,
但现在完全成了你和她之间的问题了
but this is just about you and her.
我在网上看到你曾带你女儿去波士顿
I read that you took your daughter to Boston.
-那超出大多数人的能力范围了 -我正开始创业
- It's out of reach for most people. - I'm starting my own business.
你现在就需要那些钱
You need the money now.
-谢谢你 芭芭拉 -谢谢你 妈
- Thanks, Barbara. - Thanks, Mum.
-我们要去哪儿 妈 -美国
- Where we going, Mum? - America.
因为我是你妈 我愿意为你做任何事
Because I'm your mum and I'll do anything for you.
维姬有联♥系♥过你吗
You haven't heard from Vicky, have you?
她不在家 一直没回家 麦克欣也是
She isn't at home, she hasn't come home. Nor has Maxine.
没有 我一整天都没她消息了 抱歉
No, I haven't heard from her all day. Sorry.
爸爸 他们有些衣服不见了
Dad. Some of their clothes have gone.
你一定知道她去哪儿了 她把他带去哪儿了
Well, you must know where she's gone, where she's taken him.
-我为什么会知道 -因为你是她的朋友 宝拉
- Why would I? - Because you're her friend, Paula.
我上网看一下 看她们有没有发过什么
I'll have a look online, see if they've posted anything.
斯蒂芬
Stephen?
-爸爸 -什么
- Dad. - What?
斯蒂芬
'Stephen?'
斯蒂芬
'Stephen?'
-我的天呐 -斯蒂芬
- Oh, my God. - 'Stephen?'
波士顿
她为什么会不告诉任何人就走了
Why would she do this without telling anyone?
告诉其他人
Telling anyone?
-她拿着我的钱跑的 -什么
- She's done it with my money. - What?
-你给她的那笔钱... -是给你们做生意的
- The money that you gave her... - For your business.
她欺骗的不只是我
It's not just me she's cheated.
而且她抛下她女儿不管 就这么跑了
And she's left her own daughter in the lurch, just ran off.
你们都说得好像她是去了赌城玩似的
You all make it sound like she's gone to Las Vegas.
她是为了给麦克欣治疗才去的
She's gone to get treatment for Maxine.
-这有什么错 -是她处理的方式不对 爸
- Is that wrong? - It's the way she's gone about it, Dad.
这让她成了不负责任的妻子 不负责任的母亲
It makes her a crap wife... It makes her a crap mother.
-没错 -但如果麦克欣迫切想接受治疗...
- Yeah. - But if Maxine was desperate for it to happen...
等一下 麦克欣也是我的孩子
Hang on a second. Maxine is my child, too.
这应该由我们共同来做决定
This should have been OUR decision.
你一定就是麦克欣了 我是法罗医生
You must be Maxine? I'm Dr Farrow.
达菲太太 快上来 电梯就在那边
Mrs Duffy, come on up. The elevator's just over here.
"变成" "转变" "成为" 用什么词都不重要
Turn into, transform, become... Blah-blah-blah.
等等 我先问你一个问题 麦克欣
No. Let me ask you a question, Maxine.
你是一只想变成蝴蝶的毛毛虫吗
Are you a caterpillar that wants to turn into a butterfly?
-我一直都是蝴蝶 -没错 说得太对了
- I've always been a butterfly. - Oh! Yes, you have, by God.
你就是的
Yes, you have.
情况是这样的
OK, now, here's the thing.
我不是儿科内分泌医师 变性医生
I'm not a paediatric endocrinologist, a tran-gender doctor.
我的特长是帮助儿童找到真正的自己
I'm someone who helps children give birth to themselves.
-这工作很有意义 -您真了不起
- It's so rewarding. - You're amazing.
我们开始吧
Let's get started.
你丈夫签同意书了吗
Did your husband sign the consent form?
在这里
Right there.
很好
That's great.
这种治疗
Now, um, one of the most expensive parts
最贵的部分是
of this treatment is the...
心理评估
psychological assessment.
如果你确诊了 就不必再做心理评估
Which won't be necessary if you've got a confirmed diagnosis.
-我们没有确诊 -有没有性别专家的信函
- We haven't. - A letter from a gender expert
证实抑制青春期发育
stating puberty suppression
-对麦克欣最有利 -没有
- would be in Maxine's best interests? - No.
渡口医院不肯写
The Ferrybank wouldn't.
有没有学校辅♥导♥员或心理治疗师写的证明文件
Documentation from a school counsellor, a therapist?
我们得在这里进行评估
We're gonna have to do the assessment here.
-我会付钱 -我们付得起吗
- I'll pay. - Can we afford it?
这是我宝贝唯一的机会 所以
It's my baby's only chance, so...
我不惜一切代价
I'll do whatever it takes.
我们需要做骨骼扫描 验血
Well, we need to do bone scans, a blood test,
找内科医师评估青春期发育阶段
tanner staging with the physician.
这些听起来都非常激进 但其实不然
It all... It all sounds very invasive, but it's not.
-我们只是需要了解清楚情况 -我会付钱
- We just need to get our ducks in a row. - I'll pay.
不需一次付清 好吗
Not all at once. OK?
你没事吧
Are you OK?
-爸爸 -什么事
- Dad? - Yeah?
我知道我受到的关注从来没有麦克欣多
Look, I know I've never had as much attention as Maxine.
我从没让你们操心过
I've never been a problem.
但是
But...
现在我开始觉得 或许我该惹一些麻烦了
now I start to think maybe I should start having some.
看看你和妈是否是一样爱我
To see if you both still love me the same.
我们当然爱你 宝贝
Of course we do, darling.
我知道 爸 但你嘴上这么说
I know, Dad, but you say that,
可一有什么事 所有人都围着麦克欣转
and then... and then it's all about Maxine.
而现在 她们远在地球的另一边
And now, what, they're on the other side of the world?
没错 而我在这里陪着你
Yeah. And I'm here with you.
-过来 -不要 爸爸
- ome here. - No, Dad.
莉莉
Lily.
喂
Hello?
维姬
Vicky?
妈妈
Mum?
爸爸
Dad?
你还好吧
Hey, you all right?
快进来
Come on, you.
希望你仍喜欢吃巧克力蛋糕
Hope you still like chocolate cake,
因为你要帮我做一个
cos you're gonna help me make one.
然后吃掉 整个吃光
And eat it. All of it.
谢谢你肯帮忙 芭芭拉
Thank you for this, Barbara.
等维姬知道莉莉暂住我家 会很惊讶的
Vicky will be amazed when she finds out Lily's staying with me.
是啊 我知道
Yeah. Yeah, I know.
你打算怎么办
What are you gonna do?
再见 麦克欣
Well, goodbye, Maxine.
我们很快会再见面 三个月后
We'll see you soon, in just three months.
我们还会回来的吧 妈
We're coming back, aren't we, Mum?
当然 我已经订了机票了
Yeah, I've already booked the tickets.
谢谢你 法罗医生
Thanks, Dr Farrow.
莉莉
Lily.
迪恩说他在附近见过你
Dean said he saw you round here.
-没错 我现在住我外婆家 -为什么
- Yeah, I'm staying at my nan's. - Why?
关你什么事
What's it to you?
那天其实也没发生什么
Well, it's not like anything happened the other day.
没错 因为我不想发生那种事
Yeah, because I didn't want it to.
-你当时看起来很难过 我只是想... -安慰我吗
- You seemed upset, I was just trying to... - Comfort me?
-是啊 -我现在没事了 谢谢
- Yeah. - Yeah, I'm fine now, thank you.
你真的没事吗
Are you, though?
你看 上一次你妈不理你
I mean, look, last time your mum was ignoring you.
现在你又住到你外婆家
Now you're living at your nanna's.
到底发生了什么事 莉莉
What happened, Lily?
这可以被列为父母绑♥架♥子女罪 可是
This can be classified as parental child abduction, but...
可是什么
But what?
如果你的孩子同意了
If your child consented,
并且有能力做出知情决定
is capable of making an informed decision,
-那情况就更复杂了 -怎么会...
- then it's more complicated. - How can it...
麦克欣才12岁 好吗
Maxine is 12. Yes?
我也有作为家长的责任