Can you imagine?
你能想象吗
To do that to somebody.
对别人做出那种事
That is massive.
那太可怕了
It's meant to be a gentle death,
那该是安详的死法
a bit like drowning.
有点像溺水一样
Where'd you get that idea from?
你怎么会那么想
I wouldn't have thought drowning was gentle.
我从没想过溺水而亡会是安详的
I'd hate to die like that.
我讨厌那种死法
Why?
为什么
Cos I'd just be panicking, knowing there was nothing I could do.
因为我会很恐慌 知道自己什么都做不了
Maybe at first.
一开始或许是
But then you'd be calm.
但之后你就会平静下来
No way.
不可能
I'd much rather be shot in the head.
我宁可被一枪打爆头
You coming, or what?
你到底来不来
I don't know what she looks like now.
我不知道她现在长什么样了
That's her. Do you want me to come with you? No.
那个就是她 要我陪你过去吗 不用
This is where the old man died.
那个老人就是在这张床上死掉的
Oh, my God. Really?
天呐 真的吗
Wonder if he was awake or asleep?
真想知道他当时是清醒的还是睡着了
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Just wondering how it happened.
只是想知道事发过程
Sam, what are you doing?
山姆 你在干什么
Just showing her where Mr Williams died.
只是带她看看威廉姆斯先生去世的地方
That is inappropriate. Get off the bed.
那太不合适了 快起来
Now!
快点
I told you not to come to the hospital any more.
我叫你别再来医院了
I didn't mean anything by it.
我并没有恶意
This is serious, Sam.
这事很严重 山姆
Kathy's been suspended.
凯茜被停职了
She's in a real state.
她有大♥麻♥烦了
Well, she's always in a flap.
她总是手忙脚乱的
Maybe she made a mistake?
也许她不小心出错了吧
But I know her. She's a brilliant nurse.
但我很了解她 她是名出色的护士
She does like a drink.
她很喜欢喝酒哦
No more than anyone else.
正常程度而已 没有酗酒
Well, I smelled it on her breath the other day.
前几天我闻到她喝了酒
It could be to do with that. What are you talking about?
可能跟这有关系吧 你在胡说些什么
I told you not to come back to the hospital. I really mean it.
我叫你别再到医院来了 我是认真的
You're starting to sound a lot like her.
你说话的口气越来越像她了
And you're starting to sound like someone else's son.
你说话的口气越来越不像是我儿子
Whatever.
随便吧
Sam?
山姆
Sarah?
莎拉
It's Chrissy.
是克丽丝
You look like her.
你长得很像她
Do you think so?
真的吗
Come and sit down.
过来坐下
Last time I saw you, you just learned to talk.
我上次见到你时 你才刚学会说话
That was a long time ago.
那是很久以前的事了
What are you doing?
你在干什么
I didn't know you was coming here.
我不知道你要来这里啊
Look at her now, all grown up.
你瞧她 都长大了
Yeah.
就是啊
They give you time off school?
学校准许你请假了吗
Look, I was going to say...
我本来准备告诉...
Dad made me start at Ripley Heath the day after we moved in.
搬进来的第二天 爸爸就让我去雷普利希斯高中上学
Did he, now? Yeah.
真的吗 是啊
He wouldn't let me have a day off.
他一天假都不让我请
Chrissy, go and wait for me outside.
克丽丝 到外面等我
You trying to get rid of me? Chrissy.
你想赶我走吗 克丽丝
Please?
拜托了
So, she's at school here now, is she?
她现在在这里上学 对吧
Thinking of staying?
你考虑留在这里吗
You have to put them in school now or you get fined.
现在必须让孩子上学 否则就要罚款
You're not having my house.
我不会把房♥子给你的
I don't want your house, Mum.
我并不想要你的房♥子 妈
I'm just here to help.
我只是来帮忙
It's not a man's job.
男人不该干这种事
What about work? The transfer hasn't come through yet.
那工作怎么办 调职手续还没办好
Chrissy? She's fine.
克丽丝呢 她没事
Look, she doesn't know anything about what happened.
听着 她对以前发生的事一无所知
I'd like to keep it that way.
我希望继续保密
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Just...leave her mother out of it, OK?
别把她妈妈牵扯进来 好吗
Oscar, can you get Dad from the garage?
奥斯卡 去车♥库♥叫爸爸进来
Dinner's ready. I'll go.
准备吃晚餐了 我去吧
Oh, OK.
好吧
Hey, Sam, didn't see you there.
山姆 刚刚没看到你进来啊
This is amazing. How do you know how to do this?
这太了不起了 你怎么会做这些
My dad taught me when I was little.
小时候我爸教我的
It's the kind of thing you pass on, isn't it?
这种技艺应该传承下去 对吧
Are you teaching Oscar? It's not really his sort of thing.
你有教奥斯卡吗 他对这些东西不感兴趣
Yeah, I can see that.
是啊 我看得出来
You could teach me.
或许你可以教我
Well, when it's ready, you two can take it out together.
这个做好之后 你们可以一起带出去玩
No, I don't know about that.
不行吧 我估计没可能
Oscar's not a very good swimmer.
奥斯卡不太会游泳
He's never been very sporty.
他向来不是运动型
Yeah, a nice way of putting it.
好吧 你这种说法挺委婉的
I mean, come on, Mike, we both know he's weak.
拜托 麦克 我们都清楚他很弱
Maybe we could go, just the two of us?
或许我们可以一起去 就我们两个人
I don't think so.
我觉得不行
Why not? Well, you're Oscar's friend.
为什么不行 你是奥斯卡的朋友
You're not my son.
你不是我儿子
You guys coming or what?
你们还来不来吃饭了
Yeah.
好的
Well, I found a caterpillar in one of these.
我在里面吃到了一只毛毛虫
In the green beans?
在四季豆里吗
Now, look, yes, I do remember.
听着 对了 我想起来了
And you blamed me for that.
你还为此责怪我
Well, yeah, you put it in there.
是的 是你放在里面的
It got stuck in my braces, actually. Oh, nasty!
它卡在我牙套里了 恶心
Don't know what's going on with Sam.
不知道山姆是怎么了
He's started disobeying me, doesn't seem to care.
他开始违抗我了 对什么都不在乎
I was never like that.
我就从来没有这样过
They all go through phases.
小孩子都要经历不同的成长阶段
I put it down to hormones.
我把这归因于荷尔蒙
Do you ever wonder what they're doing when we're not there?
你有没有想过我们不在时他们都做些什么
All the time.
经常在想
I started thinking about searching his room, you know,
我开始考虑搜查他的房♥间了
checking his phone.
检查他的手♥机♥
Every parent does that,
所有父母都那样做
and the ones who say they don't, they're lying.
那些说没有的都是在撒谎
Really?
真的吗
Well, saying that, I got up to all sorts,
尽管这么说 但我当年就各种调皮捣蛋
and I still turned out all right.
但也长成了一个还不错的人
I mean, I think I did.
至少 我觉得是
You didn't go to Ripley Heath, did you?
你当年上的不是雷普利希斯高中 对吗
I definitely would have remembered you.
如果是的话 我绝对会记得你
Don't know about that. I had spots and no mates.
那可不一定 我当时一脸青春痘 没朋友
That's my type.
我就喜欢那种类型的
I'm...I'm a bit out of practice.
我 我有点生疏了
Yeah, me too.
没事 我也是
No, hold on.
别 等等
You like him?
你喜欢他吗
I don't know, we only just met.
不知道 我们才刚认识
It's early days.
处于很早期的阶段
Well, I know no one is ever going to replace my dad.
我知道任何人都无法代替我父亲
I'm sorry it's just the two of us.
很抱歉就我们两个人