Kathy?
凯茜
My dad, he's not dead. He's in prison.
我爸爸他没死 他在监狱里
What for? Murder.
因为什么 谋杀
Peter Liam George Shelton.
皮特·利亚姆·乔治·谢尔顿
I'm sorry.
对不起
What's this? Sam got it for me.
这是什么 山姆送我的
Hello, Sam. Dad.
你好 山姆 爸
Look, they're the same.
他们是一样的
I'm getting out.
我要出去了
Are you sure? Yeah.
你确定吗 是的
Take a seat, Sam.
请坐 山姆
You know, I don't really need to be here.
我其实没必要来这里
It's to please my mother.
只是为了让我妈高兴
You feel good when you please her?
她高兴你就开心吗
Yeah.
是的
She's a worrier.
她总是喜欢担心
What about pleasing your father?
那让你♥爸♥高兴呢
It's clearly important to you to see him.
显然 你觉得见他很重要
I want a good relationship with him, you know, naturally.
我自然想和他处好关系
Can you think why your mother
你知道你妈妈
might be concerned about your relationship with him?
为何会担心你和他形成关系吗
It's hard for her to accept I can make my own decisions.
她很难接受我有自己的主见
She's got good reason to worry, hasn't she?
她有充足的理由担心 不是吗
No.
不对
No, it's all cool. Really?
没什么大不了的 真的吗
Your mother told me about the stealing, the lying.
你妈妈告诉我 你偷盗 撒谎
I'm 16, Helen.
我才16岁 海伦
Going through a phase.
我在叛逆期
0k.
好吧
So there's nothing special about you, then?
所以说你并没有什么特殊的 是吗
You're just like any other teenage boy.
你和其他青少年一模一样
Very ordinary.
非常普通
Yes?
是吗
What?
什么
Don't look at me like that.
不要那样看我
Like what, Sam?
怎样看你 山姆
Down on me.
鄙视我
You're looking down on me. Don't!
你在鄙视我 不要
You expect people to look up to you.
你希望人们仰慕你
Why?
为什么
You agreed to engage with the whole session, Sam.
你同意了积极参与心理治疗的 山姆
What was the question?
你刚刚想问什么
How do you feel, knowing your father is a murderer?
知道你父亲是个谋杀犯 你是什么感觉
Fine.
挺好
He's paid his debt to society.
他已经赎过罪了
0k.
好的
But what about James, the man he killed?
那詹姆斯呢 他杀死的那个人
What are your feelings for him?
你对他有什么感觉
I didn't really know him.
我并不了解他
But you remember him, don't you?
但你记得他 不是吗
He looked after you with your mum when you were young.
你小的时候 他和你妈一起照顾你
So you forgive your father, then?
所以你原谅了你♥爸♥吗
Forgive my dad for what? He didn't do anything to me.
原谅我爸什么 他又没把我怎么样
He abandoned you.
他抛弃了你
No, he didn't.
不 他没有
You sure about that?
你确定吗
If anyone abandoned me,
如果要说抛弃
it was my perfect mother out there,
那也是我那完美的妈抛弃了我
with all her lies,
用她一个又一个谎言
pretending he was dead and not letting me have him.
假装我爸死了 不让我跟我爸接触
You don't think
你不觉得
he knew that by killing James,
他当时知道要是杀了詹姆斯
he would go to prison for a very long time?
他就会被关进监狱很长时间吗
That's what I mean when I say he abandoned you.
所以我说他抛弃了你
You hadn't thought of it that way?
你没这样想过吗
Can I have a word with your mum?
我能和你妈聊几句吗
Go and wait in the car, Sam.
你先去车里等着 山姆
Take a seat.
请坐
So, what do you think?
你怎么看
0K, there are traits that concern me.
好吧 的确有让我担心的地方
Right, go on. It's only an initial assessment,
好 说详细点 这只是个初步评估
but Sam's idolization of his father worries me.
但山姆对其父亲的崇拜让我担心
He shows no empathy for the victims,
他对受害者毫无同理心
for James, for you.
无论是对詹姆斯还是你
He has no interest in other people's feelings.
他对其他人的感受漠不关心
So, like his father? A psychopath?
就像他爸那样 是精神病患者吗
We don't call people of Sam's age that.
以山姆的年龄 我们不会那样说
How can he be treated? I'll find a way to afford it.
要怎么治疗他 我一定把钱筹齐
Jenny, if this is who Sam is,
珍妮 如果山姆就是这样的人
it's a part of him that can't just be cured.
那这就是他的一部分 没办法治愈
But...but there must be something, there must be some help.
但 一定有什么办法 一定能帮到他
I will get Sam a referral.
我会给山姆找到治疗安排的
Realistically, it would be about managing him,
说实话 治疗也只能稍加控制
showing him that empathy can work in his own self-interest.
让他明白同理心对他自己好
And that will keep him safe? Keep other people safe?
那能保他安全吗 让他不伤害其他人
It's our best course of action.
这是目前最好的办法
The other thing to take into account is, Jenny, Sam has you.
珍妮 还有一点 山姆还有你
Hang on to that.
好好利用这一点
Hello? 'Hey, it's your dad.
你好 嘿 我是你♥爸♥
'I'm out.' What?
我出来了 什么
'Sam? Sam?'
山姆 山姆
Dad, I just can't believe she lied to me again.
爸 我不敢相信她又对我撒谎了
Dad, she told me you were still in prison. 'Did she?'
爸 她说你还在监狱里 是吗
No, I'm out.
不 我出来了
You're actually out? 'Yeah.'
你真的出狱了 是的
When will I see you?
我什么时候能见你
I'm just getting a few things together
我先准备一些东西
and then I'll text you, tell you where we can meet.
然后我给你发短♥信♥ 跟你说见面地点
'OK, yeah, great.'
好的 太好了
And do you still want me to come and live with you?
你还想让我过来和你一起住吗
Well, we can talk about that, can't we?
我们可以商量商量 不是吗
'But listen, not a word to your mother.'
不过听好了 绝对不能跟你妈说
All right? ' No, of course not.'
好吗 好的 当然
0K. I've got to go now, OK?
好了 我得挂了 好吗
'OK.' It was good speaking to you.
好 能跟你说话真好
'You too.'
我也是
Bye for now. 'Bye.'
回见 再见
That was Chrissy.
克丽丝打来的
Are you still coming to Kathy's funeral?
凯茜的葬礼你还去吗
Absolutely.
必须去
Bill wants to be there for you.
比尔想一起去 给你支持
So... do I get to go to prison to visit my dad?
我能去监狱看我爸爸吗
That was the deal, wasn't it?
我们说好的 对吧
I'll call and make the arrangements.
我去打个电♥话♥安排下
Chrissy, we're going to be late. Can you help me with this?
克丽丝 我们要迟到了 你能帮我系一下吗
Yeah.
好
I could never do this.
我总是系不好
There we are.
好了
Let me look at you.
让我看看
Lovely. Yeah, I'm good at funeral wear.
真好看 是啊 我很擅长为参加葬礼打扮
Sorry, that was childish.
抱歉 说这话太幼稚了
What time will you be back?
你们什么时候回来
It's not as if you knew the woman.
你们又不认识那个女的
Go and wait for me in the car.
上车等我
All right, Dad.
好 爸爸
You know it was the nurse,
是那个护士
the nurse that looked after you so well.
那个悉心照料你的护士
Well, that's her job.
那是她的本职工作
Yeah. And that's why I came back here, to look after you.
是啊 我也是为了照顾你才回来
But every single time... Oh, you didn't have a choice.
但每次... 你没得选