It's meant to be a gentle death,
那本该是安详的死法
a bit like drowning.
有点像溺水一样
I wouldn't have thought drowning was gentle.
我从没想过溺水而亡会是安详的
I found it. Sam, that's Mr Williams'.
我捡到的 山姆 那是威廉姆斯先生的
You're lying. No, I'm not.
你在撒谎 不 我没有
I don't even like you!
我一点都不喜欢你
I told Sam his dad is dead.
我跟山姆说他爸已经死了
And he's not.
其实他没死
I cannot let that man anywhere near him.
我不能让那个男人接近他
That's nice.
那挺好的
You were on the ward all day?
你在医院待了一整天吗
Rushed off my feet.
忙得不可开交
Bit of a chilly one this morning.
今早有点冷飕飕的
'Not long now, though, to go to the big day.
不过还有几天就到圣诞节了
'Everyone's getting excited...'
每个人都十分兴奋
Morning.
早上好
I thought you liked me making you breakfast.
我以为你喜欢我给你做早餐
You shouldn't be looking after me.
不该由你照顾我
Do you want to sit down?
你想坐下来吗
We need to make some changes.
我们需要做出点改变
What changes?
什么改变
Well, I'm going to take less shifts
我会减少轮班
and be around a bit more.
多在家陪陪你
And I don't want any more stealing, or bullying.
我不想再看到偷窃 霸凌的事情发生
I wasn't bullying him.
我没有霸凌他
He's a crybaby.
他就是娇气
I hardly touched him.
我几乎都没碰到他
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 是的
That's not what his mum said.
他妈妈可不是这么说的
Is there something you're not telling me?
你有什么事瞒着我吗
I'm an open book, Mum...
我非常坦诚 妈
Just like you.
就和你一样
I'll defrost the car for you.
我去帮你把车上的冰霜除掉
The windscreen will be frozen solid.
挡风玻璃一定冻起来了
But you don't need to do that.
但你不需要做这种事的
Mum, it's no problem.
妈 没关系的
I'll get the engine going, too.
我把引擎也发动起来
Is everything all right?
没什么事吧
Yeah. Kettle did the job.
没事 浇点热水就好了
It's ready to go.
可以开了
What are you doing today?
你今天做什么
Just delivering Christmas cards.
送点圣诞卡片
Christmas shopping.
买♥♥些节日所需
Well, have a great day, Mum.
过得开心 妈妈
"My name is Jenny Woodford.
"我叫珍妮·伍德福德"
"I was married to Peter Shelton".
"我曾嫁给皮特·谢尔顿"
Peter Shelton?
皮特·谢尔顿
"Peter Shelton is my ex-husband.
"皮特·谢尔顿是我的前夫"
"When I was married to him,
"我和他结婚后
he violently abused me and my son".
他曾对我和我儿子施暴"
"He has served the minimum term in prison of his life sentence...
"他已经服完终身监禁的最低刑期"
"For murder."
"罪名是谋杀"
"A local teacher savagely murdered by his girlfriend's ex-husband."
"一名本地教师被女友的前夫残暴杀害"
"He was stabbed to death".
"他被捅伤致死"
Oh, damn.
天啊
I'm Jenny, I'm Sam's mum.
我叫珍妮 我是山姆的母亲
Right.
好的
I wondered if I could speak to Oscar?
请问我可以和奥斯卡聊聊吗
I don't think that's a good idea.
我觉得这样不好
I just wanted to find out what happened.
我只是想知道到底发生了什么事
Haven't you asked Sam?
你没有问过山姆吗
Yeah. My wife told you the rest,
我问了 剩下的我妻子都告诉过你了
so what more is there to discuss?
还有什么好谈的
Please.
拜托
Just five minutes.
五分钟就好
I thought he was
我以为
going to give me another diving lesson.
他会再给我上一次跳水课
I should have taken the hint.
我该读懂那个暗示的
So he pushed you in the shower in your uniform.
你当时穿着校服 他在淋浴间把你推倒了
Was that it?
就这样了吗
Did something else happen?
还发生了其他事吗
No.
没有
It's OK.
没关系
No, he...
没 他
I fell, that's all.
我摔倒了 就这样
You don't have to lie for Sam.
你不必为了山姆撒谎
I told you I didn't want to talk about it.
我说了我不想再说这件事了
Oscar, wait.
奥斯卡 等等
I think you should leave now.
我想你该走了
I'm so sorry.
对不起
Was Sam's dad killed in Afghanistan?
山姆的父亲是在阿富汗阵亡了吗
No.
没有
You should know he's been making up stories about him.
你该知道他在编造他父亲的故事
Do you think he might be in need of a father figure?
你觉得他是不是需要一个父亲的角色
Not having his dad around
父亲不在身边
is the best thing that ever happened to my son.
是我儿子遇过的最好的事情
I'm sorry for bothering you.
抱歉打扰你们了
Sorry.
对不起
Here we are.
我们到了
Hi, Gran.
奶奶好
Two bells,
有两个铃铛
one by your bed and the other one...
你床前有一个 另一个
...by your chair.
在椅子边上
You have been hard at work.
你们干了很多事啊
We've tried to put anything you need close to the bed.
我们尽量把你需要的东西放在你的床边
Yeah. Everything you had upstairs,
没错 所有你在楼上用的东西
but without the stairs...
但不再需要上楼梯了
I'm sorry, Mum.
对不起 妈妈
I'll get a dustpan and brush.
我去拿簸箕和扫帚来
Butterfingers.
毛手毛脚的
Typical.
典型作风
I'm glad you're home, Gran.
你回家了我很开心 奶奶
Me too.
我也是
Philip Dawes, Philip Dawes...
菲利普·道斯 菲利普·道斯
Excuse me, can I help you?
不好意思 有什么要帮忙的吗
I'm looking for Philip Dawes.
我来找菲利普·道斯
Do you have an appointment?
你预约了吗
No. No, I don't.
没 我没有
Can't you squeeze me in?
能不能帮我加个塞
Just two minutes?
两分钟就好
I'm afraid not.
恐怕不行
Not without an appointment.
没有预约就不行
Is it all right?
喜欢吗
Thank you.
谢谢
Pleasure.
不客气
So is it just the two of you, Christmas Day?
圣诞节只有你们两个过吗
Yeah. I don't know what it will be like this year.
是啊 我不知道今年会变成什么样
Sam's...
山姆
Putting you through it a bit still?
你还在为他的事心烦吗
I've just seen Oscar...
我刚刚见过奥斯卡
the boy he bullied.
他霸凌的那个男孩
It's all right.
没什么的
He's also been stealing.
他还偷东西
What's he stealing, exactly?
他偷的具体是什么
A watch...
一块表
from one of the patients.
是一个病人的表
Well, tell him he has to give it back
告诉他 他要是不还回来
or you're going to get the police involved.
就叫警♥察♥来管他
Teach him a lesson.
给他点教训
I can't. It was Mr Williams'.
不行 那是威廉姆斯先生的