剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表
and you can believe it or not.
随你信不信
Maybe I do, George, and maybe I don't.
也许我信 乔治 也许我不信
Did you see anyone else while you was there?
你在现场有没有看到别人?
I bumped into a man in the dark as I was going in.
我进去时在黑暗中撞倒了一个男人
Tulkinghorn's clerk, it might have been.
图金霍恩的仆从 可能是
Frightened the wits out of him.
我差点把他吓破胆了
Anyone else?
还有别人吗?
Come on, there was someone else, wasn't there?
肯定还有别人 对吧?
I never saw her face.
我看不到她的脸
Ah, a woman.
啊 一个女人
On the stairs.
在楼梯上
As I was going down, she was coming up.
我下楼的时候 她正在上楼
She had a black-fringed shawl held over her face.
她脸上搭着一条黑色流苏头巾
Well, now, a woman.
那 现在 一个女人
A woman with a black-fringed shawl.
一个戴着黑色流苏头巾的女人
Well, well, well. What's she doing here?
她在这里干什么?
Oi! Missy! Mademoiselle! Hold on there, Missy, just a word!
噢! 小姐! 小姐! 等等 小姐 只是问句话!
All right, Missy. Later'll do as well as sooner.
好了 小姐 迟早不是问题
This is a wretched business, George. How are they treating you?
真卑鄙 乔治 他们怎么对你?
Very well, sir.
很好 先生
At all events, it's no worse here than Army life.
一切都很好 这里跟军队生活差不多
Except that they're gonna hang me for something I didn't do.
除了他们打算为一些我没做过的事绞死我
Although I can't deny I've wished him dead, more than once.
尽管我无法否认我很希望他死 不止一次
Have you spoken to a lawyer?
你有跟律师谈过吗?
No, sir. I don't take kindly to the breed
不 先生 我从来不曾友善对待这类人
and I'd rather have nothing to do with them.
也不愿意跟他们有任何瓜葛
But you must be properly defended. Let me engage a barrister for you.
但总得有人替你辩护 让我替你雇个大律师吧
I'll gladly meet the cost of it.
我很乐意为你付律师费
I'm innocent, Mr Jarndyce.
我是无辜的 贾迪斯先生
That's my defence.
这就是我的辩护辞
I'm grateful to you all for your concern,
我很感谢你们的关心
but no lawyers for me.
但不用替我找律师
Of course he's innocent.
当然他是无辜的
No-one who knew him could doubt that.
所有认识他的人都不会怀疑这点
But he was at the scene of the crime. He was armed.
但他被目击在犯罪现场出现 他有武器
He made threats against the dead man.
他曾经恐吓死者
If he simply declares his innocence in court,
如果他仅仅在法庭上宣称他无罪
I'm afraid the jury will convict him and he'll hang.
陪审团会判他有罪 他会被绞死
We must get him to change his mind.
我们得说服他改变主意
I have an idea.
我有个主意
Mr Squod, you know him better than anybody.
斯格特先生 你比任何人都了解他
Could you not persuade him to defend himself?
你可不可以说服他为自己辩护?
Me, Miss?
我吗 小姐?
I'm not a persuading sort of a man.
我不是个擅长说服别人的人
And the guv'nor's not the sort of a man to be persuaded.
主人也不是能被说服的人
I'd like to help but I don't see how I can.
我很想帮忙 但我觉得我帮不了
Is there anybody else who could talk to him?
还有别人能跟他谈谈吗?
Does he have any relations?
他有什么亲戚吗?
Anyone else who cares for him?
还有谁关心他吗?
Ah, that's the question.
啊 那是个问题
The answer is, yes, he does.
答案是 有 他有
But it's a secret and I promised never to speak of it.
但这是个秘密 我答应过永远不说的
His life may depend upon it, Mr Squod.
他的生命可能与之息息相关 斯夸德先生
He has a mother...
他有一位母亲...
he hasn't seen since he was a young man when he ran away to join the Army.
直到他年轻时逃家 参加军队
He was his mother's favourite, I believe.
他曾经是他母亲最喜欢的儿子 我相信
Must have broke her heart when he ran away.
他走的时候肯定伤透了她的心
What I reckon is, if she was to come to him,
我想 如果她能来看他
if she was to forgive him, like,
如果她能原谅他 比如说...
she could get him to change his mind.
她能说服他改变主意
But do you know her name? Or how she could be found?
但你知道她的名字吗? 或者怎样能找到她?
Yes, I do.
我知道
Her name's Mrs Rouncewell.
她的名字是朗斯威尔太太
She lives in Lincolnshire.
她住在林肯郡
She works as a housekeeper in a place called Chesney Wold.
她在一个叫切斯尼山庄的地方做管家
This just come, sir.
这是刚收到的 先生
Give it here.
给我
Who gave you this? u3000u3000u3000u3000Just some little guttersnipe, sir.
谁给你的? 只是个小乞丐 先生
Said, "It's for Mr Bucket" and run off.
他们说"这是给布克特先生的" 然后就跑开了
All right, Constable.
好的 警官
剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表