剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表
Silence in court!
肃静!
Now we come, not for the first time,to Jarndyce and Jarndyce.
今天我们首次审理贾迪斯控贾迪斯案
Yes, Mr Tangle?
唐戈先生 何事?
As we know, m'lud, the problem with which
众所周知 法官大人
we grapple in the case of Jarndyce and Jarndyce
贾迪斯案的核心
is that there are several wills and fragments of wills,
在于案件中许多不同的遗嘱
all of them different,all of them conflicting.
互不相同 一一相斥
Is there much more of this, Mr Tangle?
还有要说的么 唐戈先生?
Afraid there is. . . a variety of points.
恐怕... 争执点很多
I feel it my duty to submit. . .Ludship.
我觉得应该指出来... 法官大人
Mr Brownlow, you appear for Lady Dedlock in this matter.
布朗诺先生 你是为德洛克夫人出庭
Do you have any matters of urgency?
有什么要紧事情要说么?
Er. . . No, m'lud. Ah.
呃... 没有 法官大人 啊...
I see that Mr Tulkinghorn has graced us with his presence this morning.
今早我们有幸迎来图金霍恩先生
M'lud.
法官大人
Is it still raining, my love?
还在下雨么 亲爱的?
Yes, my love. Remarkable.
是的 亲爱的 真少见
And I am bored to death with it. Ah, well. . .
我都要厌倦死了 好吧...
Bored to death with this place,
厌倦了这个地方
bored to death with my life,
厌倦了我的生活
(bored to death with myself. )
厌倦了我自己
What was that, my love?
你说什么 亲爱的?
Nothing. . .
没事...
of consequence.
无关紧要
Mr Tulkinghorn will be coming soon.
图金霍恩先生就要来了
Certain legal matters to discuss, he says.
有些法律上的事要讨论 他说
Perhaps there's been a development in Jarndyce and Jarndyce.
或许贾迪斯的案件有了进展
Nothing ever happens with Jarndyce and Jarndyce. No, well. . .
贾迪斯案从未有过进展 是啊 嗯...
Now, somewhat to my surprise,
出乎我的意料
something stirs in Jarndyce.
贾迪斯案又有东西介入
It appears that the two young people, the wards of court
有两个年轻人 大♥法♥官庭的受护人
who stand at the very centre of these proceedings,
本案的亲历者
are with us today.
今天也来到了庭上
My lord, you were to hear my case today!
法官大人 您今天一定得听我的证词!
Gridley, my lord.
格里德利 大人
Silence in court! Gridley.
格里德利 肃静!
I have a right to be heard, my lord.I have waited long enough.
我有发言权 大人 我等太久了!
Quiet, sir, quiet. Keep it down.
肃静 先生 肃静!
An application has been made for them to reside with their cousin -
我已经申请 让他们与他们的叔叔
a Mr John Jarndyce.
约翰·贾迪斯先生住在一起
Will your lordship allow me?
法官大人
The two young people are here,my lord.
两位年轻人已经在这里了 大人
And there is a third young person, my lord.
但还有一位年轻人 大人
A third young person? Not another ward in court?
还有一位? 不是大♥法♥官庭的受护人?
No, m'lud. Engaged as companion to this young lady,
不是 大人 是这位小姐的伙伴
and seeking your lordship's approval.
希望求得大人的同意
Very well. Is she here, too?
很好 她也出庭了么?
On her way, m'lud.
正在路上 大人
Miss Barbary. . .
巴巴莉小姐...
will you tell me, who am I, exactly?
你能否告诉我 我究竟是谁?
Who are you?
你是谁?
You're nobody. You're nothing.You're worse than nothing.
你谁都不是 渺如尘埃 连尘埃都不如
It would have been far better if you'd never been born. Why?
你就不该降生到世上 为什么?
Is it because of my mother?
是因为我母亲么?
Did she die because of me?
她是为我而死的么?
Your mother, Esther,is your disgrace. . .
你的母亲 埃丝特 是你的耻辱...
.and you hers.
你也是她的耻辱
You're different from other children, Esther.
你与其他的孩子不同 埃丝特
YOU are set apart.
你是个怪胎
Miss Esther Summerson?
埃丝特·萨默森小姐?
My name is Guppy, Miss, of Kenge and Carboys.
我叫格皮 小姐 来自肯吉-卡伯伊事务所
Allow me, Miss.
我来帮你 小姐
There. Here we are.
对了 好了
Bring down Miss Summerson's box and follow us, my man.
拿好萨默森小姐的行李然后跟上来 伙计
Now, will you take me arm, Miss?
不介意挽着我的手吧 小姐?
We don't wanna lose ya, do we, Miss?
我们可不想把你丢了 不是么?
Oh! Have a care there, sir.I do beg your pardon.
哦 走路小心点 先生
I beg your pardon.
对不起
Are you all right?Quite all right, thank you.
你没事吧? 没事 谢谢
Then no harm done.
看来没有大碍了
Good day to you.
祝你愉快
Good day, sir.
早上好啊 先生
Well, Jo, how are you?
呃 乔 还好吗?
You know me, sir. I never vary.
您知道我的 先生 没什么变化
I've nothing to give you now, Jo,
我现在没有东西能给你 乔
but I'll look out for you on my way back.
但是我回来的时候会帮你留意的
You're very good, sir.
您真好人 先生
All in order, Mr Nemo.
真是井然有序 尼蒙先生
Very elegantly done,if I may say so.
完美无瑕 如果我能如此形容的话
There'll be another parcel of documents to copy tomorrow if you want it.
如果你愿意 明天还有一包文件需要誊写
Jarndyce and Jarndyce makes work for us all, eh?
贾迪斯案 让我们都有饭吃 不是么?
Careful how you spend it now.
省着点花
What's it to you how I spend it, Mr Snagsby?
我怎么花关你什么事 斯纳斯比先生?
Nothing at all, I'm sure, Mr Nemo.
完全不关我事 尼蒙先生
Good day to you.
祝你愉快
Here we are, Miss Summerson.
我们到了 萨默森小姐
This is Mr Kenge's room.
这是肯吉先生的房♥间
Er, take this armchair by the fire, if you will. Thank you.
你可以坐在炉火边的靠椅上 多谢
Mr Kenge is in court now.
肯吉先生正在出庭
He left his compliments and would you partake of some refreshment,
他要我代问你好 你可以先洗洗尘
and look over the paper if you will.
如果愿意还可以看看报纸
Oh, thank you, Mr. . . Guppy.
哦 谢谢 呃... 格皮
Thank you, Mr Guppy. Oh, not at all, Miss, I'm sure.
谢谢 格皮先生 哦 完全不用谢
You're going before the Chancellor, I hear.
听说你要出庭
A claimant in Jarndyce and Jarndyce, I dare say?
我敢说 是贾迪斯的又一个继承人吧?
I don't know. I don't think so.
我不知道 我想不是吧
But Mr John Jarndyce. . .
但是约翰·贾迪斯先生
There. . . Mr John Jarndyce. You see?
对了 约翰·贾迪斯先生... 你知道么?
He's right at the heart of the case,
他就是案子的核心人物
and it is a very great case,Miss Summerson.
这可是个大案子 萨默森小姐
The most famous case in Chancery.
法♥院♥最有名的案子
Gone on for many years.
持续了好多年
Some say it will never be settled,
有些人说永远不会结案
and a great deal of money depends on it, Miss Summerson.
这还牵涉了一大笔钱呢 萨默森小姐
Hundreds of thousands.Millions, some say.
成千上万 有人说是几百万
I have heard of it, Mr Guppy,but I don't understand it at all.
我有所耳闻 格皮先生 但我全不知情
It's about a will, Miss.Or a number of 'em.
是有关一封遗嘱的 小姐 也有可能是几封
A long time ago, a man named Jarndyce made a great fortune,
很久之前有个腰缠万贯的人
but he seems to have made more than one will.
名叫贾迪斯 立了不止一封遗嘱
So, no-one knows who should get the money,
因此遗产的归属不得而知
and it's been in dispute ever since.
并从此争议不断
There are lots of claimants,
有很多自称的继承人
and the claims get passed down through the generations.
一代接一代
There's two young people appeared in court today and
今天有两名年轻人出庭 他们是核心人物
they are at the heart of it, like your Mr John Jarndyce.
跟你认识的约翰·贾迪斯先生一样
They say one of 'em may get the lot,
人们说其中一个或许能拿到遗产
but you never know.
但一切都还是迷
You may have a claim yourself,Miss Summerson,
你也可以去申请遗产 萨默森小姐
if Mr Jarndyce has sent for you.
如果是贾迪斯先生派你来的话
And, may I say, I wish you the very best of good fortune, Miss Summerson.
请允许我祝愿你能如愿以偿 萨默森小姐
Thank you, Mr Guppy.
谢了 格皮先生
Er, you see there's a looking-glass there on the wall?
呃 你看到了墙上这面镜子么?
Yes?
怎么了?
In case you should want to look at yourself after the journey,
只是觉得你在劳顿之后可能想修整一下
as you're going before the Chancellor.
上庭之前准备下
Er, not that it's requisite, I'm sure.
呃 当然完全没有必要
It's very much to the contrary, if I may say so.
如果我能这么说的话 其实事实正好相反
Oh, no. Oh.
哦 不 哦...
Mortifying.
真丢脸
(Mortifying. )
丢脸
剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表