剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表
He's mentioned in the Mabinogion.
《马比诺吉昂》里提到过他
And we are descended in the direct line.
我们家就是他的后代
My son, Allan, wherever he goes, he will always remember his pedigree.
我儿子阿兰无论走到哪儿都会记得他的血统
There's a lot of young ladies all over the world who would dearly love
作为摩根克里格的后代
to catch a husband who was descended from the line of Morgan ap-Kerrig.
当然是很多女人心中的理想丈夫
Catch him with money, you know.
女人们会 以金钱来诱惑他
But he won't be caught, not with money or beauty,
但他绝不为金钱和美貌所动
or anything else,
或者其他任何东西
because birth must always be the first consideration.
因为出身是我们考虑的第一要素
Is he well, Mrs Woodcourt?
他最近还好吧 伍德科特夫人?
And in good spirits? Very well, thank you.
心情也好吗? 他很好 谢谢
Sea-sickness has never troubled the seed of Morgan ap-Kerrig.
晕船对摩根克里格的后代来说小菜一碟
Might I ask, Miss Summerson,
我能问问么 萨摩森小姐
what your family was?
你家背景怎样?
I never knew my mother or my father, Mrs Woodcourt.
我从不了解我的父母亲 伍德科特夫人
No?
从不了解?
Well. . .
这样啊...
I dare say there's a good deal of that goes on. . . in England.
我敢说 这在英格兰...也很常见啊
Jo, is that you?
乔 是你吗?
Jenny?
珍妮?
Oh, Jo, you're not right. Just catch my breath.
天哪 你不对劲 乔 就有点喘不过气来
All right in a tick.
一会就好了
You'll not be right here, Jo. None of us will.
你不能再呆在这里了 我们都不能
The fever's everywhere. I'm going back to the country.
这里到处都有人发烧 我们应该回乡下去
We'll set off tomorrow morning, first thing.
明天一早就走
A bit of country air, Jo. That'll see you right.
呼吸乡下的新鲜空气会好得多
'The boy's harmless enough, in my view, Mr. Tulkinghorn.'
图金霍恩先生 我觉得这孩子对我们无害的
In himself, perhaps,
也许他自己本身无害吧
but he knows things that he should not know.
谁叫他知道一些不该知道的事
There is a danger that he might talk to people.
他有可能会告诉别人
The reputation of a great family's at stake here, Inspector.
这个声望家族的名声正面临危机 巡官
Can't arrest him for knowing too much, Mr Tulkinghorn.
可我们也不可能因为这个而逮捕他
Well, of course not.
嗯 这当然
But you could keep an eye on him, perhaps, as a favour to me.
但你至少可以看住他 或许 帮我个小忙
Make sure he keeps with his own kind, out of harm's way.
只要确保他能把嘴巴管紧点
That's all I mean.
这就是我想说的
Well, I think that could be arranged, Mr Tulkinghorn.
这点应该可以做到的 图金霍恩先生
I am obliged to you, Mr Bucket.
全仰仗您了 巴克先生
Letter for Guppy.
格皮的信
Letter for Guppy. Give it 'ere.
格皮的信 给我
"Private and Confidential. " Ain't we the swell?
私人机密信件 他人勿拆 我也能看明白!
Ow! What is it, Guppy? Never you mind.
写什么来的? 干♥你♥屁事!
Out of it. 'Ere y'are, sharp!
出去出去...
亲爱的格皮先生 如你所愿 你可以下午来访
德洛克夫人
Miss, it's so good of you to come. I came as soon as I heard.
谢谢你及时来了 我一听说就赶过来了
Is this the poor boy? No.
是这个男孩子吧? 我不去
He looks fevered. No, no, don't let her take me.
他看起来发烧呃 不 我不要跟她去
Come on, Jo. Don't mind him, ma'am, he'll soon come back to his 'ead.
快 乔 别理他 他现在脑子比较混乱
Don't let her come near. She won't hurt you, Jo.
别让她挨近我 她不会伤害你的 乔
Let's get you in a chair.
咱们把他抬到椅子上去
Come on. You're all mixed up, cos you've got fever.
快点 你们都给烧晕了
We should take him home with us, where he can be cared for, Charley.
我们把他带回家吧 方便照顾他 珍妮
Will you come with us, Jo?
跟我们一起走么 乔?
You're not the other lady.
你不是那个女人
No, I see now.
我明白了
She was very like, but not so young.
她跟你很像 但没你年轻
Tradesmen round the back.
商人绕到后门去
Ah, Mr Guppy of Kenge and Carboys,
噢 肯吉-卡伯伊事务所来的格皮
to see Lady Dedlock on a matter of private business.
来拜见德洛克夫人 私事来访
Step inside, sir.
请进吧 先生
My dear Lady Dedlock.
亲爱的德洛克夫人
Lady Dedlock. . .
德洛克夫人...
My Lady. . .
夫人...
Oh!
啊!
Mr Guppy?
格皮先生?
Of Kenge and Carboys, m'lady.
是肯吉-卡伯伊事务所的格皮 夫人
But acting, in this instance,
但是我此次来
on his own initiative.
是自己的一些私事
Will you sit down, Mr Guppy?
请坐吧 格皮先生
Oh, thank you, m'lady. If you'll excuse me,
呃 谢谢 夫人 请原谅
I find it more natural to be on my legs on such an occasion.
我觉得站着比较舒服
All right, Mr Guppy.
呃 随便你吧
Say what you have to say, if you please.
有话直说吧
With Your Ladyship's permission, then.
好的 那我就 直言不讳了
Er, I'm not aware whether Your Ladyship ever happened
不知您是否听说过或见到过一位叫
to hear of, or to see, a young lady by the name of Miss Esther Summerson?
埃丝特·萨默森的小姐?
I saw a young lady of that name not long ago.
不久前我见过叫这名字的小姐
Miss Esther Summerson. . . is my angel.
埃丝特·萨默森...是我的心上人
I have vowed to do everything in my power to advance her interest.
我发过誓要一辈子保护她
Now, there is a mystery about her birth.
现在我发现她的出身有些扑朔迷离
If I could make any connection with Your Ladyship's family,
如果她与夫人您的家庭有关的话
then she might have a right to be a party in Jarndyce and Jarndyce.
那她也许就能成为贾迪斯控贾迪斯案的成员
And if I could establish that, she might look upon my proposals
如果真是那样 她也许就能接受我的求婚
with more favour than she has exactly done as yet.
我们的婚姻也许会顺利一些
I see.
明白了
Go on.
继续说
Er, I have, um, met the former servant
我见过一位仆人 她曾为
of the lady who brought up Miss Esther Summerson.
把埃丝特·萨默森小姐带大的夫人服务过
Her mistress was a Miss Barbary.
她的女主人是巴巴莉小姐
And Miss Barbary being your maiden name,
巴巴莉是您的娘家姓吧
I imagined there might be some connection with Your Ladyship's family.
所以我想这可能跟您的家庭有所关联
Possibly, yes.
唔 也许吧
Very good. Er, now. . .
嗯 那...
this Miss Barbary was very close,
这位巴巴莉小姐跟我们关系很近
but on one occasion she seems to have confided in my client,
她对我的一个朋友很是信任
and on this occasion she volunteered that the little girl's real name
那次她说那个小女孩的真名
was not Esther Summerson but Esther Hawdon.
其实不是埃丝特·萨默森 而是埃丝·霍登
Oh, my God.
哦 天哪
Er, Your Ladyship is acquainted with the name of Hawdon?
霍登 夫人 您知道霍登这名字?
I have heard it.
嗯 听过
Now, I come to the last point in the case,
事实上 我这次想要告诉您的最后一点是
as far as I have got it up.
据我所知
There was a law writer, known as Nemo,
有个写法律的叫尼蒙的人
who died not long ago in the house of a man named Krook.
前不久死在一个叫克鲁克的老头家里
Now I have discovered, very lately,
我最近发现
that this law-writer's real name was Hawdon.
这个人的真名其实叫做霍登
It was supposed, Your Ladyship,
大家都以为他没有留下
that he left nothing behind him which to identify him.
什么可以证明身份的东西
But he did.
其实他有留下的
He left behind him a bundle of letters, tied up with a ribbon.
他留下了丝带捆着的一堆信件
Who has them?
在谁手里?
The man called Krook, Your Ladyship.
在克鲁克手上
But. . .
不过...
I'm pretty sure I could get hold of them
我可以把它们搞到手
and bring them to Your Ladyship, in strict confidence,
亲自送到你手上 神不知鬼不觉
if Your Ladyship wishes me to.
如果夫人您需要的话
Your Ladyship is not very encouraging,
以我的名誉担♥保♥
upon my honour.
夫人看似不太感兴趣呀
You may bring them, if you please. . .
麻烦你 把那些信件带给我
Mr Guppy.
格皮先生
Say no more, m'lady.
我明白了 夫人
It shall be done.
我会办好这件事的
I wish Your Ladyship good day.
夫人日安
Mmm.
嗯
She lived.
她活下来了
This is a sorrowful case. What do you say, Harold?
这件事情比较棘手 你说是吧 哈罗德?
You had better turn him out.
最好把他弄出去吧
Turn him out?
弄出去?
Be cross with me, if I deserve it,
我说来你也许会生气
but I have a constitutional objection to this kind of thing, you know.
但我有权阻止这样的事发生
剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表