剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表
Loitering. Turned out his pockets, found this half-crown.
流浪罪 翻遍了他所有的口袋 找到半克朗
When questioned,
我们问他
he said he had it from you, sir.
他交待这钱是从你那儿来的
Quite right, Constable. Then we finds two more.
正是 警官 后来我们又发现了两个
Very strange for a poor crossing-sweeper boy.
对于一个穷流浪的孩子来说可是件怪事了
And how does he explain that?
这怎么解释?
I had it from a lady, Mr Snagsby.
是一位夫人给的 斯纳斯比先生
A lady in a veil. She said she was a servant,
戴着面纱的夫人 她说她是个女仆
but I don't think she was.
但我觉得她不像
She wanted me to show her where the law-writer lived,
她要我告诉她法律文件眷抄者以前住的地方
and where they buried him.
和现在葬着的地方
She wanted to see the shop, too, as well, Mr Snagsby.
她还想要看看你的店 斯纳斯比先生
I took her all around, showed her everything.
我就带她转了转 都看了一遍
She gave me a sovereign, and that's what's left of it.
她给了我一个金币 现在就剩下这么多了
You expect us to believe that, do you?
你想我们相信这个吗?
No, I don't expect nothing at all. . .
不 我不期望你们会相信
But it's true, Mr Snagsby.
但这是真的 斯纳斯比先生
I believe the boy is honest, Constable.
我想这个孩子说的是实话 警官
All right, Mr Snagsby. If I don't lock him up this time,
好 斯纳斯比先生 如果我现在不把他关起来
will you engage for his moving on?
你能为他以后做担♥保♥么?
Yes, Constable, I will.
是 警官 我会的
Now, Jo, you know you must do it.
现在 乔 你知道你必须这么做
All right, Mr Snagsby, sir.u3000u3000u3000u3000 Here, catch hold of your money.
是的 斯纳斯比先生 来 拿着你的钱
Now, the sooner you're five mile off, the better for all parties. I shall see him on his way, sir.
走得越远越好 我希望看到他马上上路 先生
Will you take a cup of tea, Mr Guppy? Mmm.
要来杯茶吗? 格皮先生
Kenge and Carboys. I knew them very well at one time.
肯吉他们 我很早就都认识了
Was you a party in anything, ma'am?
你加入过什么组织吗? 夫人
Not exactly, Mr Guppy.
并没有 格皮先生
I once worked for a lady named Miss Barbary.
我曾为一位叫巴巴莉的小姐工作过
Mr Kenge often used to visit.
肯吉经常去拜访
It was in connection with a young girl who lived there, named Esther Summerson.
他跟那儿一位小姐埃丝特·萨默森有点关系
Summerson?
萨默森?
You know Miss Esther Summerson?
你认识埃丝特·萨默森小姐?
I knew her as a child,
小时候就认识了
and there was no "Miss Summerson" about it then.
到时候还没有什么萨默森小姐
It was "Esther do this" and "Esther do that",
那时称埃丝特 总是叫她做这做那
and she was made to do it.
她也必须完成
Anyway, as I recall,
总之 据我所知
her real name was Esther Hawdon.
她本名叫埃丝特·豪顿
Or so Miss Barbary once told me.
巴巴莉小姐曾经这么告诉我
Is that so?
是吗?
Mr Guppy. . .
格皮先生
of Kenge's.
肯吉律师事务所的
What's he want?
他要什么?
Little present, Mr Krook.
一点小礼物 克鲁克先生
Hey, this ain't the fourteen-penny. This is the eighteen-penny.
u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000
Thought you might fancy it for a change.
我想你可能喜欢换换口味
I do.
的确是
Take a drop yourself?
你要来点吗?
I will, Mr Krook. Thank you.
好的 克鲁克先生 谢了
That's very fine.
这酒不错
You're a man for information, Krook.u3000u3000u3000u3000 I am.
你可有不少消息啊 克鲁克 确实
I heard a good one today.
我今天听说
About a lady who wanted to know all about
一个女人 想知道你老房♥客
your dead lodger, the law-writer.
那个法律文件眷抄者的所有事情
Where he lived and how he died.
他以前住哪 现在葬在哪
She give the crossing-sweeper boy
她今天给了流浪孩子
a sov to show her round.
一个金币叫他带她四处转转
Did she come here, Krook?
她到这儿来了吗? 克鲁克
No.
没有
You ever hear of the name Barbary, Mr Krook?
你听过巴巴莉这个名字吗? 克鲁克先生?
Barbary? Maybe.
巴巴莉? 也许吧
In connection with Miss Esther Summerson?
跟埃丝特·萨默森有点关系
Summerson?
萨默森?
Can't say I have, no.
我应该不认识 不认识
See, I've got an inkling
你看 我得到暗示
they're all connected up somehow.
他们因为某种原因而联♥系♥在一起
Ah, yes?
啊 是吗?
Very good, this, Mr Guppy.
这东西很好 格皮先生
Mind you, it ain't nothing to the two-and-sixpenny.
u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000
A woman in a veil
一个蒙着面纱的女人
A LADY in a veil, the boy said.
一个蒙着面纱的夫人 那个男孩说
And what would a boy like that know?
像那样的男孩能知道什么
He was most particular, Mr Tulkinghorn.
他说得很具体 图金霍恩
I thought you would wish to know.
我想你会希望知道这事
Yes.
是的
Thank you, Mr Snagsby.
谢谢 斯纳斯比先生
Thank you. . .u3000u3000u3000u3000Ah, yes, to be sure.
谢谢 哦 是的 只是为了确定一下
Good day, Mr Tulkinghorn.
日安 图金霍恩先生
This man Nemo, the dead law-writer.
这个男人尼蒙 死了的法律文件眷抄者
There's some mystery here. Let's see what we can find out about him.
身上还藏着迷呢 我们看看能不能找出来
And perhaps you could ask Inspector Bucket to call.
也许你可以叫布克特的巡官去做
I think I need to see that boy again.
我想我要再见见那个男孩
Miss Summerson! There's a young woman to see you.
萨默森小姐! 有个年轻女子来找你
Mademoiselle. I 'ave taken a great liberty in coming here.
小姐 我可是费了好大劲才找到这儿来的
How can I help you?
我能为你做些什么吗?
Mademoiselle, you were present when my lady dismissed me.
小姐 夫人解雇我的时候你是在场的
She's so very high and I was too high for her.
她高高在上 我侍奉不了她
All that is done.
这些都已经结束了
Mademoiselle, I have come to offer myself to be your domestique.
小姐 我希望你成为你的女仆
Oh.
噢
I'm sorry. . . Please, do not dismiss me so soon.
对不起 请不要这么快就解雇我
But, you see, I don't keep a maid.
但是 你看 我没有女仆
I never have. For one thing, I couldn't afford one.
从来没有 而且 我也请不起女仆
Then I will serve you for nothing but my food.
我可以无偿地为你服务 你提供我食物就行
And I will serve you well. You don't know how well.
我会很好地服侍你的 你想像不到的好
I will do anything you ask, and more.
我会为你做任何事 和其他更多的事
Mademoiselle Hortense, I am sorry.
奥尔当斯小姐 我很抱歉
I wish I could help you, but it's not in my power to.
我希望我能帮到你 但这事情我没权这么做
I couldn't pay you a proper wage,
我不能付给你适当的薪水
and it would be wrong to let you work for nothing.
让你无偿为我服务是不妥当的
I'm sure you will find a more suitable position.
我想你一定能找到更好的职位的
I thank you most humbly for receiving me, mademoiselle.
我衷心地谢谢你接待我 小姐
Will you allow me to kiss your hand?
能让我吻吻你的手吗?
Adieu, mademoiselle.
再见 小姐
You seem agitated, Snagsby.
你看起来有点焦虑啊 斯纳斯比
No need for that. Drink your wine.
没必要这样 喝点酒吧
Very fine wine, Mr Tulkinghorn.
好酒啊 图金霍恩先生
Mmm, it is a rare wine now.
这种酒现在很少见了
It is 50 years old.
50年陈酿啊
I wouldn't want anything to happen to the boy, Mr Tulkinghorn.
我不希望那孩子发生什么事 图金霍恩先生
Nothing will.u3000u3000u3000u3000 Oh, dear me.
不会发生什么事的 哦 天哪
I wasn't aware there was anyone else present.
我没注意这儿还有个人
This is Mr Bucket, Snagsby.
这是布克特先生 斯纳斯比
Mr Bucket's a detective officer.
布克特先生是个警探
No harm will come to the boy, Mr Snagsby.
我们不会害那孩子的 斯纳斯比先生
All we want you for is to help us find him,
你只需要帮我们找到他
and then we want to put a question or two to him, that's all.
我们想问他几个问题 仅此而已
No harm will come to him?
他不会受到伤害?
Not a bit of harm.
完全不会
Well, then, Mr Tulkinghorn, if that's the case. . .
那好 图金霍恩先生 如果只是这样的话
Here's your hat, Mr Snagsby. And if you're ready, I am.
你的帽子 斯纳斯比先生 你准备好了吗
Tom-All-Alone's, you say.
u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000u3000
I believe that's where he finds shelter, yes, Mr Bucket.
我想他就会在那儿的 是的 布克特先生
Ever been there? Me? No, never.
过去那儿吗? 我? 不 从没去过
You won't like it.
你不会喜欢那地方的
It's the last resort, Mr Snagsby,
最高法庭的法子 斯纳斯比先生
of them as has no choice.
他们已经无计可施了
Evenin', gents! And what's your business, young lady?
晚上好 先生们 你有什么事? 小姐
Dear me!
天哪
剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表