剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表
Come, shake hands.
来 我们握手
I'm very glad you're here.
我很高兴你来这里
Well, for Ada's birthday.
好 为阿达的生日
Woodcourt.
伍德科特
Well, shall we sit down?
我们可以坐下了吗?
Esther?
埃丝特?
Happy birthday.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
生日快乐
Very handsome of you, guv'nor.
你真好 主人
Mmm, not a bad bit of pie this.
嗯 这馅饼不错
It's a good bit of pie, guv'nor. We're not done for yet, eh?
这真是个好馅饼 主人 我们还没完呢 呃?
No, no. Not by no means.
没 没 一点都不
It's very good to be sitting down at table with you again, Rick.
能与你再次共进晚餐真是太高兴了 理克
I came because Ada particularly wanted me to, sir.
我来是因为阿达很想我来 先生
I wouldn't have come for any other reason.
没有其他原因
Well, let's not dwell on our differences now.
我们现在不要纠结我们的分歧了
I cannot help but dwell upon them, sir, when...
我无法不纠结 先生 当...
No, I have to say it. When you stand between me and my rightful claim...
不 我得说 当你站在我与我所...
No, Richardu3000u3000u3000u3000. ..To what is mine.
不 理查德 ...我应份得到的东西中间时
Not now.
现在不要
Not tonight.
今晚不要
Please.
求你了
For my sake?
就当是为了我好吗?
For your sake then.
就为了你吧
I humbly beg your pardon, sir.
我恳求你原谅 先生
Well... You're forgiven.
那...没关系
You're right. I'm truly sorry.
你说的没错 我真诚地道歉
What should all this wretched
这些肮脏的事
business matter on Ada's birthday?
怎么可以在阿达的生日上说呢?
Ada, I beg your pardon.
阿达 请原谅我
I beg everybody's pardon.
请在座各位原谅我
Do you ever feel, Woodcourt,
你是否曾有这样的感受 伍德科特
as though you're lost in a fog
就如同在迷雾中走失
and suddenly everything becomes clear?
突然之间 一切都变得明朗起来
I wish I could see my way to making a living a little more clearly.
我希望我赚钱糊口的路能更明朗一点
Perhaps I could be of some help to you.
或许这方面我可以帮帮你
Could I perhaps secure you a post in the north country
我能为你在北方推荐一个职位吗?
where you nearly went before?
你也到过那里
Or overseas, indeed?
又或者 到国外去?
I begin to think that you want to see the back of me, Mr Jarndyce.
我开始想你是不是不想见到我了 贾迪斯先生
Oh, no, no, not at all.
噢 不 不 当然不
But things seem to be more difficult for you in London.
但似乎你在伦敦会过得艰难一点
They are, sir, but I'm not ready to leave yet.
的确是 先生 但我还没有走的打算
There's far too much to keep me here.
这里还有太多东西值得我留恋
Well, here's to Ada.
敬阿达
21 years old today.
今天21岁了
To Ada.
敬阿达
Now you're 21, you can do whatever you want.
现在你21岁了 你可以做你想做的任何事了
I can, can't I? And I shall.
我可以了 是吧? 我也应该如此
How did you think Richard looked?
你觉得理查德看起来怎样?
I think he's grown thinner.
我觉得他瘦了
He ate almost nothing, Ada.
他几乎没怎么吃东西 阿达
I do love him so, Esther.
我真的爱他 埃丝特
I love him, too.
我也爱他
But not in the same way, I think.
那可是不一样的 我想
Mr Woodcourt looked very well this evening.
伍德科特先生今晚看起来很好
Yes. u3000u3000u3000u3000And he thought you looked very well, too.
对 他觉得你看起来也很好
I believe he barely took his eyes off you.
我觉得他没把目光从你身上移开过
Oh, don't talk nonsense, Ada.
噢 不要胡说 阿达
You like him too, don't you?
你也喜欢他 对吧?
I admire him as a doctor.
我敬重他 因为他是位医生
And I like him very much as a friend.
作为朋友 我也非常喜欢他
And I hope he thinks of me as a friend and that's all.
同时我也希望他把我当朋友 就这样
How can you be so blind, Esther?
你怎么可以一点也看不出呢 埃丝特?
Anyone can see he's in love with you.
谁都看得出他爱上你了
Stop that, I don't want to hear it. u3000u3000u3000u3000Why not?
不要说了 我不想听 为什么不呢?
Perhaps you should know...
也许你应该知道...
.that Mr Jarndyce and I are engaged to be married.
贾迪斯先生和我已经订婚了
I don't believe you.
我不信
How long have you been engaged to him?
你跟他订婚多久了?
Quite a while now.
有一段时间了
And you never told me?
你从来没告诉我?
You kept it a secret.
你秘而不宣
Esther, how could you? u3000u3000u3000u3000I'm sorry.
埃丝特 你怎么可以这样? 对不起
He wanted us to be absolutely sure
他只是想在告诉别人之前
it wasn't a mistake before we told anybody.
我们俩都确定这个决定是正确的
And are you?
那你觉得呢?
Yes.
是的
Quite sure.
很确定
Present arms!
举枪敬礼!
At the ready.
准备
In your own time, advance!
准备好 前进!
Go, guv'nor. Give it some.
上吧 主人 给点颜色他们看看
My word. Steady on, George.
天哪 冷静点 乔治
What's all this?
这是怎么回事?
Bit of entertainment, like.
只是来点娱乐
Phil, it's his birthday.
菲尔 今天是他生日
Oh, I see,
噢 我明白了
savage amusements.
野蛮娱乐
Is that a bottle of wine?
那是瓶酒吗?
I believe it is. u3000u3000u3000u3000Will you take a glass, Mr Bucket?
我想是的 你要来一杯吗 布克特先生?
I will, George. Thank you kindly.
我很乐意 乔治 很感谢你
I was just coming down the street, you know, and I thought,
我正走在街上 你知道 然后我想
there's George's place, I wonder how he's getting on?
这乔治的地方 我想知道他过得怎样?
Pretty bad, Mr Bucket, and that's a fact.
蛮糟糕的 布克特先生 的确如此
We're broken, and that's the long and short of it.
我们破产了 而这就是些剩下的家当
No, not a fine, strong fellow like you.
不 像你这样一个坚强的好伙伴怎么会呢
Never. I won't hear of it.
不 我永远不会相信的
Not bad wine, this.
这酒不差
Not as good as Mr Tulkinghorn's,
虽然没图金霍恩先生的酒好
but the company's better here.
但这里的酒伴更好
Here's to you. Happy birthday and may you have many more.
这是敬你的 生日快乐 祝你心想事成
Thank you, sir.
谢谢 先生
And now to a less pleasant matter.
现在我们要说点不怎么愉快的事了
Friendship is friendship, but duty is duty.
私交是私交 但公事还是公事
I never want the two to clash if I can help it.
如果我能控制 我绝不想引起冲突
So I hope you won't think any the worse of me, George.
所以我希望你不要鄙视我 乔治
Why should I?
为什么我要鄙视你?
Because I'm taking you into custody and I hope you'll go quietly.
因为我要拘留你 我希望你能安静地离开
Taking me into custody?
拘留我?
What for? u3000u3000u3000u3000I'm arresting you
因为什么? 我以谋杀
for the murder of Mr Tulkinghorn of Lincoln's Inn Fields.
林肯律师学院的图金霍恩先生的罪名拘捕你
I have to tell you, George, things look bad for you.
我得告诉你 乔治 证据对你很不利
You were seen that night lurking about Tulkinghorn's place.
有人看到你那晚在图金霍恩先生家附近潜伏
True enough, I was there.
没错 我是在那里
I can't deny it.
我无法否认
Is that all, George?
就这样吗 乔治?
Come on, you can do better than that.
来 你还能说点别的
What good will it do me?
那又有什么用呢
You've made your mind up, I can see that.
你已经打定主意了 我看得出来
Let's hear your story all the same.
我们还是来听听你的故事吧
Well...I went there
我是去了那里
and I took my pistol with me.
我还带上了手♥枪♥
I didn't know what I should do, and that's the truth.
我不知道我应该怎么办 这是事实
I hated that man.
我恨那个男人
I climbed the steps up to his office, but when I got there I couldn't go in.
我走上楼梯 去到他的办公室 但发现我进不去
I've killed men often enough in the heat of battle but...
我在战争的狂热中杀了不少人 但...
I couldn't shoot a man in cold blood.
我不能这么冷血的杀掉一个人
So I come away.
所以我走了
That is the truth
这就是事实
剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表