剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表
Oh, come, Ada, I won't be angry with you, nor him for that.
快点 阿达 我不会为此迁怒于你或是他的
Not now, not at this time.
现在不会 这次不会
I have been coming to think I was too hard with the pair of you.
我一直在想 我是不是对你俩太严厉了点
His love for you is as steady and true as anything I ever saw.
他对你的爱是我所见最稳固 最真切的爱
And mine for him.
那我对他的爱情呢
But what he says does worry me,
但他说的话让我很担心
and I think it will worry you too.
我想也会让你担心的
Then you had better tell me.
那你最好告诉我
He wants to devote more of his energies to his suit in the Chancery Court.
他想将更多精力投身于在大♥法♥官庭的诉讼
I feared as much.
我就怕会这样
And he wishes to break off with Kenge and Carboys,
他希望能中断与肯吉-卡伯伊事务所的来往
and engage another lawyer to defend his interest.
并聘请另外一个律师来维护他的利益
Please don't be angry with him,
请不要对他发火
or with me for telling you this.
也别因为我告诉你的事而对我发火
I could never be angry with you, Ada. Nor will I be angry with him.
阿达 我既不会跟你发火也不会跟他发火的
He's not to blame.
该责备的人不是他
This accursed lawsuit's warped him out of himself
可憎的法律扭曲了他的人格
as it's done with others before him and. . .
也扭曲了许许多多的前人的人格
He must do what he think's right.
他应该做他认为对的事情
I bear him no ill will for it. Make sure he knows that, Ada.
我一点都不会责怪他 让他知道这一点 阿达
And that there will always be a place for him here at Bleak House
在荒凉山庄里也总会留有他的位置
and a place in my heart too.
我的心里也会有他的一席之地
Move along now, please. Nothing to see here.
请往前走 这里没什么好看的
Krook won't be opening up today.
克鲁克今天不会开门
I need to recover some property for a client, officer.
我需要为一个委托人找回财产 警官
Guppy, Kenge and Carboys.
肯吉-卡伯伊事务所的格皮
I don't care who you are, sir.
我不在乎你是谁
Noone goes in there and nothing comes out, not till after the inquest.
在审讯前 没人可以进去 也没人可以出来
Yes, I know all about the inquest.
我知道审讯的一切
I am one of the principal witnesses.
我是主要的目击证人之一
Better get over there, then. Coroner's gone up already.
那你也得忍♥一忍♥了 验尸官已经上去了
Come to order, gentlemen.
保持秩序 先生们
Now, we're assembled here
今天我们聚集在这里
to inquire into the extraordinary death of Mr Krook,
为了调查克鲁克先生极不寻常之死因
landlord and proprietor of Krook's Rag and Bottle Warehouse.
克鲁克废旧衣物仓库的主人和经营者
The second suspicious death in recent months
近月在同一地点发生的
reported at the same premises,
第二起可疑的死亡
the first being of the lawwriter, popularly known as Nemo,
第一起是所谓的尼蒙 那个法律文件眷抄者
recorded as an accidental death brought on
以意外死亡记录在案
as a result of the excessive consumption of opium. Mr Snagsby.
死因是吸毒过量 斯纳斯比先生
My Lord, I had occasion to venture abroad outside Mr Krook's business premises,
法官大人 我碰巧经过克鲁克先生的店铺旁
and I remarked upon the greasy odours on the air.
我抱怨了下空气中油腻的气味
Remarked to whom? Yourself?
对谁抱怨的? 你自己吗?
To. . .to me, Your Honour.
对我 法官大人
I had been complaining about the very same.
我也对空气中油腻的气味抱怨了
And you are? Miss Flite.
你是哪位? 弗莱德小姐
Tenant to the late departed, and claimant in the Courts of Chancery.
死者的房♥客 大♥法♥官庭的原告
Mr Snagsby and I remarked upon it,
我和斯纳斯比先生谈论着空气中的油腻味
and it was then that the young man appeared upon the scene.
就在现场看到了个年轻人
What young man?
哪个年轻人?
Er, that young man there, that fine, handsome young man,
那个年轻人 那个高贵英俊的年轻人
Mr Guppy of Kenge and Carboys.
肯吉-卡伯伊事务所的格皮先生
Ah, yes, Mr Guppy.
是啊 格皮先生
Who, as I understand, discovered the remains?
据我所知 不就是你发现了尸体吗?
Is that so, Mr Guppy?
对吗 格皮先生?
I had that unfortunate. . . honour, Your Honour.
非常不幸 但是真的 法官大人
Silence in court.
肃静
And what, may we ask,
我可以问问吗?
was Guppy of Kenge and Carboys
肯吉-卡伯伊事务所的格皮先生
doing in Krook's Rag and Bottle Shop after hours?
几小时后 你去克鲁克破烂店中干什么?
Up to no good, Mr Guppy?
没什么好事吧 格皮先生?
Your Honour, I take grave exception to that insinuation.
法官大人 我不会理会你的讽刺的
Mr Snagsby and Miss Flite will confirm that I was a regular visitor
斯纳斯比先生和弗莱德小姐会证实
at Mr Krook's establishment.
我只是一个到克鲁克店铺的常客
A trusted friend.
我是一名值得信赖的朋友
It was my pleasure to perform small services for the deceased.
我很荣幸可以为已故之人风险微薄之力
To read him letters and documents he was unable to himself decipher.
为他读他自己辨认不清的信件和文件
And on this occasion? The same, Your Honour. Mmm.
今天也是一样情况吗? 是的 法官大人
And to collect a bundle of letters,
我是去拿为另一诉讼人
which he was keeping in safeholding, for a third party
拿克鲁克放在保险柜里的一扎信件
for whom I was acting in a private and confidential capacity.
而对于此事我是必须严格保密的
And you found him?
你发现他时?
Dead, Your Honour. Mmm.
他死了 法官大人
Burnt.
烧死的
A small part of him still alight, with blue flame playing round about.
他的一小部分仍然在燃烧 冒出蓝色的火焰
Like a Christmas pudding in a pool of brandy?
就像圣诞节放在白兰地酒中的布丁一样吗?
Exactly so, Your Honour.
就是这样的 法官大人
Except, I believe, in this case it was, in fact, gin.
是这个情况 我认为在这案子里是杜松子酒
All right, Mr Guppy, you may stand down.
好的 格皮先生 你可以坐下了
Gentlemen of the jury,
陪审团的各位先生们
the deceased was an habitual consumer
死者生前饮用了大量的烈性酒
of vast amounts of spirituous liquor which, as we know, is highly flammable.
众所周知 是极易燃烧的
The condition of the body, we've heard, was such that
这具尸体的情况 据我们所知
all the evidence points to it having been consumed by fire.
一切证据都表明是火引起的
But not from the outside inwards, as is most usual,
与以往不同 不是由外向内地燃烧
but from the inside outwards.
而是由内向外燃烧
In short, I believe this is an example of that rarest of phenomena,
简而言之 我相信这是一次极其罕见的现象
a case of spontaneous combustion.
自燃
Give way there! Give way there!
让一让! 让一让!
Oh, dear. Oh, Lord. Oh, my bones.
天啊 我的上帝 我的老骨头啊
Be silent, sir. Are you aware that you are disturbing a properly convened coroner's court?
肃静 先生 你知道自己正违犯法庭秩序吗?
That's what I'm here about. My property! My property!
这就是我来这儿的原因 我的财产 我的财产
Krook's stuff. Put a guard on it. Noone to touch it.
克鲁克的东西 派人守好了 没人能动
Least of all that preening young villain from Kenge and Carboys.
特别要防那个肯吉-卡伯伊事务所的小恶棍
Your property, Mr Smallweed?
你的财产吗 斯墨尔维德先生?
That man Krook was Mrs Smallweed's brother.
去世的克鲁克是斯墨尔维德太太的哥哥
She was his only living relative.
她是他唯一在世的亲人了
We shall make good our title.
我们得搞清楚有效所有权
Mr Tulkinghorn is my solicitor,
图金霍恩先生是我的律师
and it's a brave man who tries to cross Mr Tulkinghorn.
要跟图金霍恩先生对着干 可得非常勇敢啊
So, transportation or the gallows for anyone who touches my property!
谁敢碰我的财产 不是流放就要绞死!
Put me down and shake me up, you brimstone black beetle.
把我放下 给我松松骨头 你个黑黄色蟑螂
Charley? Oh, Miss. You've come back to us.
查莉? 小姐 你醒了
How long was I away, Charley?
我昏迷了多久了 查莉?
Two whole weeks nearly, Miss.
将近两周了 小姐
The doctors didn't think you'd pull through it,
医生们都认为你有可能挺不过来
but I knew you would, Miss.
但我知道你可以的 小姐
I knew you wouldn't leave us.
我知道你不会离开我们
It's very dark, isn't it, Charley?
屋子里很昏暗 对吗 查莉?
The doctors thought the light might hurt your eyes.
医生认为光线对你的眼睛不好
I think I could bear a little more light now.
我想 再亮一些应该还是没有问题的
Don't, Miss. . .
别这样 小姐
Am I much marked, Charley?
我脸上有疤痕吗 查莉?
Not as bad as all that, Miss.
没你想的那么糟 小姐
And the marks do fade with time, so you could hardly tell they were there, they say.
疤痕会随着时间流逝消失的 几乎看不出来
Bring me a lookingglass. I want to see what you see.
给我镜子 我要看看我是什么样子
Not now, Miss.
现在不行 小姐
Leave it till tomorrow.
明天再说吧
Leave it till you're strong enough to get out of bed. Now, Charley.
直到你有力气下床 就现在 查莉
I mean it.
我是认真的
Well, I never thought my face would be my fortune,
我从没拿自己的长相当财富
and now I'm quite sure of it.
我现在更加确定了
Oh, Miss. . .
哦 小姐
Charley, please don't cry for me.
查莉 别为我哭泣
I think I am very lucky to be alive,
我觉得还可以活着就很幸运了
thanks to you.
多亏了你
I'll run and tell Mr Jarndyce.
我这就跑去把好消息告诉贾迪斯先生
He'll be so happy, Miss.
他会很高兴的 小姐
Esther. Esther, Esther. . .
埃丝特 埃丝特 埃丝特
I don't mind you seeing me as I am,
我不会介意你看到我现在的样子
剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表