剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表
Is there anything you want, m'lady?
您需要什么吗 夫人?
No. . .thank you, Rosa.Nothing at all.
不 谢谢你 露莎 什么都不用
Esther?
埃丝特?
Are you well?
你还好么?
Yes, well enough now, Ada.
是的 我没事 阿达
But you were upset. Don't deny it.
但你刚刚好像不舒服 别否认了
I saw you as you ran into the house.
我看见你跑进了屋里
I was a little upset. But now I'm fine.
刚刚的确有点不舒服 但现在没事了
It was Lady Dedlock, wasn't it?
是因为德洛克夫人 是么?
What did she say? Was she very angry with us for trespassing?
她说了什么? 她对我们到来感到生气?
No.
不是
What, then? I can't tell you, Ada.
那是为什么? 我不能说 阿达
It's a secret? Yes, it's. . . it's a secret.
这是秘密? 没错 是...是秘密
So secret you can't tell your best friend in all the world?
连这个世界上你最好的朋友都不能说?
Well, I gave my word.
但我已经答应过要保密
Perhaps one day I shall be able to tell you.
或许有一天我就能够告诉你了
But for now, you must promise to never ask me about it.
但现在你要保证再也别和我提起这事了
I thought we would never have secrets from each other, Esther.
埃丝特 我原以为我们之间没有任何秘密
I hope that this will be the only one.
我想只此一次例外
I was going to tell you one of mine,
我本想把我的一个秘密告诉你
but now I'm not sure that I shall.
但现在可能有变了
Esther! Ada!
埃丝特! 阿达!
Later.
等等
My dear, young ladies, what can I say?
亲爱的小姐们 叫我如何说的出口?
What a wretched dog I am to be sure.
我真的是猪狗不如
Invite you to stay, then abandon you to your fate
把你们请来却又抛下你们
like the babes in the wood. Yet it must be done.
像是把婴儿弃之于丛林 但我也没办法
And my friend Jarndyce says you will forgive me.
我的朋友贾迪斯说你们会原谅我的
Mr Boythorn, whatever is it?
波依桑先生 到底怎么了?
My friend has been called away urgently,
他离开这里有紧急事件要处理
and I'm to accompany him to witness a document.
我会一路陪同以此为他作证
I have assured him you will be able to survive our absence very well.
我已向他保证 他不在时你们俩能够安然无恙
It'll only be for a day or two. Yes, indeed.
只不过是一两天而已 确实如此
Being as you are, two very sensible and competent young women.
就像现在一样 两位聪慧能干的年轻女士
I hope we are, sir.
我想会是如此的 先生
Well, I am most prodigiously obliged to you both.
对于你们二位 我实在是无比感激
There, what a bit of luck.
看 运气不错
I couldn't think how I was going to manage it.
真没想过我们要怎么去使用它
Manage what, Ada?
使用什么 阿达?
Ladies. This way.
女士们 这边请
Now, you mustn't be cross.
接下来你肯定不会生气了
There's someone staying here that wants to see you. Wants to see me?
因为这里有人想要见你 见我?
Here we are, ladies.
就在这里 女士们
Richard.
理查德
Esther.
埃丝特
Come, let me see you.
来 让我看看你
Much changed, as you see.
如你所见 变了很多
No.
没有
No, still our same, dear Esther.
没有 还是我们亲爱的埃丝特
What a joy it is to be together again, all three of us.
我们三人又碰到了一起 真让人高兴
Let's sit down.
坐吧
So, let's say those two young people marry.
那么 如果他们俩结婚了
What about Esther?
埃丝特该怎么办?
She has been Ada's companion. . .
她一直是阿达的同伴
Will she go with Ada when Ada is Mrs Carstone?
如果阿达结婚后 她会跟着一起走么?
I would hope that she will want to stay on at Bleak House.
我倒希望她会留在荒凉山庄
As your housekeeper?
做你的管家?
Not necessarily as my housekeeper.
不一定要做管家
Then as what, man?
那做什么?
Of course.
是了
Why didn't I think of it before?
我怎么从来没想到呢?
You mean to marry her.
你想娶她为妻
You mean to marry her.
你想娶她为妻
Is it so very ridiculous, Boythorn?
这很可笑么 波依桑?
Ridiculous?
可笑?
No, of course not.
不 怎么会呢
One hears of such things every day.
这样的事每天都发生
Old men marrying their young housekeepers.
年长的主人和他年轻的女管家结婚
Tell me, if you don't think I'm being over-curious,
别觉得我好奇心太强 告诉我
when did you first conceive this plan?
这个想法最早在何时产生的?
When you first put her to school? No.
在你一开始送她去学校? 不是
Was that what it was all along?
还是早就想好了?
Were you bringing her up to be your bride?
你想养育她长大成为你的新娘?
No. It. . . Boythorn, I beg of you. . . No, no, she knows nothing of this.
不 波依桑 算我求你 她什么都不知道
Not yet. Now, I've spoken more than I meant to.
一无所知 我刚刚说过头了
You will respect my confidence, old friend. Absolutely.
你会尊重我的吧 老朋友 当然会
Though I were dragged apart by horses, until I was torn in pieces, I wouldn't breathe a word of it.
我绝对保密 否则就五马分尸 尸骨无存
So this was your secret?
原来这就是你的秘密?
Do you think it's very bad of us?
是不是觉得我们俩很坏?
To see each other in secret? No.
瞒着你偷偷地见面? 怎么会
But you could have come to the house, Richard. You'd have been very welcome.
不过你该先去山庄 理查德 你会受到欢迎的
I'm not so sure of that.
我不大确定
Things are a little awkward at present between our guardian and me.
我和我的监护人之间关系有点僵
All my fault, I dare say,
我敢说都是我的过错
but. . . here we all are.
但是… 我们既然聚在这里
I hope you'll both stay for supper.
我希望你们两个能留下来吃晚饭
Mr Grubble has engaged to do his best for us.
格鲁伯先生已经开始为我们准备他的拿手菜了
Fowl, chops, cutlets and I don't know what.
野鸡 猪排 炸肉 还有很多我叫不上名的
Esther, it's so good to see you again.
埃丝特 能再见到你真是太好了
I, um. . . I came as soon as I could.
我 嗯… 我全速赶了过来
And how does Army life suit?
军队生活你还适应吧?
Oh, well enough, I suppose.
噢 我想是的 还不错
But. . .
但是…
I find it hard to settle.
我发现很难安定下来
Esther, it's very difficult to settle to anything
问题是 埃丝特 不管是什么我都难以安定下来
until our Chancery suit is decided.
直到我们的案件解决
But our. . .our guardian says the case could run on
但我们…我们的监护人说这个案件
for years and years without ever seeing a settlement.
很可能解决上许多年都难见其果
He says it's the family curse, Richard.
他说这是家族的诅咒 理查德
What Mr John Jarndyce says and what might be the case,
约翰·贾迪斯先生所言
can be two very different things.
与事情的结果可能出入很大
Besides, I'm not accountable to Mr Jarndyce or to Mr Anybody.
还有 我对贾迪斯或其他人都没什么好说的
But. . .
可是……
we won't go into that now.
我们别再说这个了
He and I must agree to differ, that's all.
我和他之间意见相左 就这样
So. . .are you looking after your own legal affairs now?
你现在是自己处理自己的法律事务么?
No, no. Vholes is the man.
不 不 霍尔斯在处理
And what a man for putting his shoulder to the wheel.
他工作勤恳
Er, Mr Skimpole introduced us, you know?
斯金先生介绍我们认识的
I'm eternally grateful to him for doing so.
很感谢他的介绍
You won't be joining your friend for supper, Mr Skimpole?
您不和朋友们一起享用晚餐么 斯金先生?
Not this evening, Mr Grubble. Best not.
今晚不用了 格鲁伯先生 最好不要
Ah. Right you are, sir.
啊 您说的是 先生
Fresh glass, Mr Grubble?
杯子没用过 格鲁伯先生
Right you are, sir.
说的是 先生
Is Mr Skimpole the best person to advise on matters of business, do you think?
你认为 斯金先生是事务上的最佳顾问?
Well, I was surprised myself at first,
一开始我自己都觉得不可思议
but if you met Vholes, you'd set all doubt aside.
但一碰到霍尔斯 就疑虑全消了
We're all action now.
我们现在已经行动起来了
There's more expense, of course,
当然 会有不少费用
but that's only to be expected if we're to see results.
但我也是希望看到案件的判决结果
Ada understands all that. Don't you, Ada?
阿达你都明白 是么 阿达?
And it's for your sake as much as mine, you know?
你知道的 其中一半也是为了你
But Richard, what if nothing were to come of it, after all?
但是 理查德 如果最后没有任何结果呢?
What if you've been wearing yourself out with waiting and anxiety,
如果焦虑空盼花了冤枉钱
and false hopes and expense?
你却身心疲惫 会怎样呢?
I never wanted to be rich and I'm sure you didn't either.
我从来不想一夜暴富 我知道你也是
No, of course not.
不 当然不会
Then why not give it up?
那我们干嘛不就此放手呢?
Give it up?
就此放手?
剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表