剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表
Rosa, is it? . . had been tainted by the association. . .
露莎是吧? 被公会所影响败坏了
Tainted? Ridiculous.
败坏? 荒谬
I heard a story, very lately,
近来 我听说一个故事
of a townsman of Mr Rouncewell's
关于朗斯威尔先生的一位同乡
whose daughter attracted the attention of a great lady.
他的女儿引起来一位重要女士的注意
Yes? Yes, go on.
然后呢? 继续
The great lady I speak of treated the girl with great kindness
我所提到的这位重要女士对她极度仁慈
Kept her always near her.
一直将她留在身边
So far, so good.
目前为止还不错
But the great lady had a secret.
但这位重要女士有一个秘密
She had, in early life, been engaged to marry a young rake. . .
在年轻时 她和一个年轻浪子私定终生
A captain in the Army.
一个军队里的军官
She never did marry him,
但她从来没有和他结婚
but she gave birth to a child
但她生了一个孩子
of which he was the father.
而他就是孩子的父亲
Shocking. Shocking.
令人震惊
Years later, the truth emerged.
几十年后 事实浮出水面
And when Mr Rouncewell's townsman heard of it,
当朗斯威尔先生的同乡听说以后
he took his daughter away from the great lady
他带着女儿离开了那位女士
saying that she had been tainted by the disgrace of the association.
说她被这段令人蒙羞的过去而受到牵连
Well, in such circumstances, of course,
在这种情况下 当然
if such a thing were possible, one could understand it.
如果这样的事情发生了 还是能够理解的
But the fact of the matter is that such a set of circumstances could not possibly happen.
但是事实上这样的事情不可能发生
The behaviour you speak of would never have taken place.
你所说的这种行为永远不会发生
Well, yes, quite, exactly.
是的 的确
The story must, I suppose, be apocryphal. Mmm.
我想 这故事可能是假编乱造的
How long have you known?
你知道这事有多久了?
I have suspected for a long while.
我对此猜疑了很久了
Fully known it, a little while.
不过完全弄清楚倒是没多久
Months? Days.
几个月? 几天
And now you are going to expose me?
那你现在是要来揭发我?
I have not yet decided what I'm going to do.
我并未决定要怎么做
You can save yourself the trouble.
你可以自己挽救这件事
I shall leave Chesney Wold tonight,
我今晚就离开切斯尼山庄
and forever. No, you will not.
永远离开 不 您不会走的
You will hear what I have to say.
您要听听我说的话
Go on.
说吧
You must understand, Lady Dedlock,
您要明白 德洛克夫人
that my sole consideration in this unhappy case
在这件不雅之事中我唯一考虑到的
is Sir Leicester.
就是累斯特·德洛克爵士
Then why do you keep me from going away?
那么你为何不让我离开这儿?
Because your flight would spread the whole truth far and wide.
因为您走了就会使得事情真♥相♥昭告于天下
It would be impossible to save the family credit for a day.
这样就无力再挽回这个家族的声誉了
It is not to be thought of.
简直不堪设想
When I speak of Sir Leicester being the sole consideration,
当我说道德洛克爵士是我唯一考虑到的因素
he and the family credit are one.
他和他的家族声誉是一体的
Sir Leicester and the baronetcy,
当然还有他的爵位
Sir Leicester and his ancestors, Sir Leicester and Chesney Wold.
他的祖先 还有他的切斯尼山庄
So. . .
所以...
This is to be hushed up, if it can be.
如果可以的话 这件事得平息下去
And how can it be if Sir Leicester is driven out of his wits
如果德洛克爵士气疯了或是一病不起
or laid on his death-bed?
又该怎么办呢?
Go on.
继续
My experience teaches me
经验告诉我
that most people would do far better to leave marriage alone.
撇下婚姻的话 大多数人会做的更好
So I thought when Sir Leicester married,
那么 德洛克爵士结婚时我就这么想
so I have always thought since.
其实 从那时起 我一直这么想
And, well. . .
好吧
what's done is done.
既然都已成事实
I must now ask you to keep your own counsel for the time being
我必须要求您暂时 对我们所知道的
about what we both know.
只字不提
And I will keep mine.
我会保密
I am to drag my present life out,
我要继续一天天过着现在的生活
holding its pains at your pleasure, day by day?
把你的快乐建立在我的痛苦上?
I am afraid so, Lady Dedlock.
恐怕是的 德洛克夫人
I am not sure that I could do that, Mr Tulkinghorn.
我不确定我做得到 图金霍恩先生
You must, Lady Dedlock.
您必须这么做 德洛克夫人
For your husband's sake.
顾忌于您的丈夫
For the sake of the family honour. . .
顾忌于家族声誉
you must.
您必须这么做
剧集 | 荒凉山庄(2005) | 导航列表