"签名者, 伯纳 L 布莱克"
"Signed, Bernard L Black."
哦, 原来如此. 你的名字L是什么意思?
Oh, yes? What's the L for?
路易韦格, 不懂吗, 跟贝多芬一样
Ludwig, you know. Beethoven.
对. 为什么你父母取了个L, 嗯...?
Oh, right. Why did your parents decide on, er...?
什么?
What?
没事
Nothing.
我去梳洗一下
I'm going to freshen up.
你好 - 你好
Hello. - Hello.
买♥♥书? 新旧都有!
Books, old and new!
快点!
Come on, come on!
你是谁?! 在这干嘛?! - 我来买♥♥书的
Who are you?! What are you doing?! - I'm just a customer.
哦, 好吧. 中饭时间了! 弗兰呢?!
Oh, yeah. Lunch! Where's Fran?!
来了, 来了!
All right, all right!
来, 中饭
Come on, lunch.
我把牌子换成休息吗? - 随你
Shall I flip the sign? - Go ahead.
(两面都是休息)
来, 曼尼, 介绍一下你自己
Join us, Manny. Tell us all about yourself.
我生于伦敦...
I was born in London...
打住, 大卫 科波非尔! (狄更斯的小说,第一句也是:我生于伦敦)
Stop there, David Copperfield!
不要废话,要是从这么远说起 还得要些爆米花什么的才行
If we're going back that far we need popcorn or something!
不要理他, 曼尼. 继续
Don't mind him, Manny. Go ahead.
然后搬过很多地方 见识了很多军队基地...
Well, moved around a lot, saw a lot of army bases...
你父亲是军官?
Your father was in the army?
不是, 只是凑巧见识了
No, just coincidence.
不好意思, 我不在的时候再聊这些吗?
Sorry, could we do this when I'm not here?
好吧 我很喜欢这么可爱的书店
OK, fair enough. This could be a lovely place.
你说可爱 - 书架上上油才好
It is a lovely place! - If you wax the shelves
还有剃掉地上你粘上的口香糖
and get rid of whatever makes you stick to the floor here.
你也可以在地上粘上口香糖 我喜欢粘在上面
You're supposed to stick the floor there. I like it like that.
小孩就不会乱跑了
Stops children running.
地板弄牢固 除除那些怪味道
Seal the floor - stop that rising smell,
你知不知道水管里还有软体动物?
and you've got molluscs on your pipes.
什么是软体动物? - 他们通常生活在海洋里
What of it? - Well, they live in the sea.
再弄些落地灯... - 你刚才没说你是同性恋
Get a few more standard lamps. - You didn't say you were gay.
什么? 我本来就不是同性恋
What? But, er, I'm not.
可你说喜欢落地灯
But you're interested in lamps. - Lamps.
是的, 可我对女人...和灯都感兴趣
Yeah, but I'm interested in... in women... and lamps.
我以为你才是同性恋
I thought you were. Gay, I mean.
我有时候也这么想
So did I, for a bit.
我还很在行安全期和非安全期
Then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene.
还有跳舞
And all that dancing!
哦, 呃...
Oh, er...
看看外面这个畜生!
Just look at this bastard.
我们在吃中饭时间, 进来吧
That's right. That's right, we're having lunch - come on in.
看看他, 哎!
Look at him - look!
他们为什么老来打扰我? 他们究竟要干什么?!
Why can't they just leave me alone? What do they want?!
他们只是要来买♥♥书
They want to buy books.
可为什么只打搅我呢?! 为什么?
But why me?! Why do they come to me?
因为你是卖♥♥书的 - 对, 我知道...
Because you sell books. - Yeah, I know...
有事吗? - 我想买♥♥本书
What? - I'd like to buy a book.
(Sighs)
这里有一本
Here's one.
不, 我... - 这本书非常非常好
No, I... - This one's very, very good!
真的?
Is it?
当然! 它让你捧腹笑, 它让你痛哭流涕 这本书会改变你的一生
Yes! You'll laugh, you'll cry, it'll change your life.
5.99英镑 - 好的
5.99. - All right.
你没找零 - 呃, 呆会再来
My change? - Er, come back later.
我不顺路 - 你住哪
I'm not coming back this way. - Where do you live?
格雷西苑17号♥
17 Gallexie Gardens.
好的, 到那等我的消息
OK, go there and await my instructions.
他去哪了?
Where's he gone?
我想是他希望去看看你的客房♥
I thought he might like to look at your spare room.
为什么让他进去?!
Why?!
哦, 如果你想和他一起的话 这是理所当然的
Oh, you know, if you want him living with you.
你疯了?!
Are you insane?!
他很不错. 他哪点不好了?
He's great. What's wrong with him?
他整个人就是个麻烦
He's trouble, is what he is!
他... 几米远我就能闻到他的味道
He's... I can smell it a mile off!
他... 他行为很怪异的, 还有他...
He... he's got all sorts of fancy notions, and he...
你知道你不在的时候他做了什么了?
Do you know what I saw earlier when you weren't here?
他, 呃, 扯着裤子吸, 还咧嘴笑!
He was, um, sucking his trousers and laughing!
你编的吧? - 才不... !
That's a lie, isn't it? - It... No!
我会问他的 - 不要走! 是我瞎编的
I'll ask him. - No! Don't! I made it up.
要是让他走了你就完了 书店里总要有个正常的人
You'd be crazy to let him go. You need someone normal around here.
他是个正常人? 那我不是吗?
He's normal, is he? What am I, then?
你有自知之明的, 你是个怪胎
You're a freak. You know that.
是,没错
Yes, I know!
可我是店主!
But I have rights!
这五年你一直是的
This is what you've needed for the past five years.
我先回自己店了
I'd better get back to the shop.
我先走了, 曼尼!
Bye, Manny!
你...
You there...
魔戒小矮人 现在说一下这里的事情吧
Lord of the Rings, let's talk about how this whole, er,
一天的试用正在进行 - 好的
one-day trial is going. - OK.
不过现在你被解雇了
At the moment you're fired.
哦? - 就是说试用期不是很顺利了
Oh. - So it's not going that well.
是吗?
No.
手里拿的什么?
What's that?
葡萄酒 本来是庆祝第一天上班顺利
A bottle of wine to celebrate if the first day went well.
欢迎归来!
Welcome back on board!
这是你的记帐本? - 恩
These are your accounts? - Yeah.
有些地方可能对不上
There might be the odd gap here and there.
是的, 应该对上的地方全都对不上
Yeah, there's a gap where there should be accounts,
我发现了一个....
that's the gap I can see,
第1页和第210页的帐目 相差太大了
the big account-free gap between page one and page 210.
哦, 真的?
Oh, well.
账目- 随便啦
Accounts - who cares?
(Urinating)
入账: 370镑
Well, there's a thing here - takings, ?70.
不错
That's good.
但是支出却还比收入多了200多镑
But your outgoings were over ?,200.
婊♥子♥才看这些数字
Well, whores will have their trinkets.
我可不能顾及到店里的每件小事 我会过劳死的
I can't take care of every little thing around here, it's mayhem!
(Fly buzzing)
那个...
You see?
你和弗兰...
So, you and Fran...
恩? - 你们曾经, 呃...? 你知道我的意思
Yeah. - You ever, er...? You know.
什么? 不懂 - 曾经...
What? No. What? - Ever...
还是不懂, 你说什么? - 你们有过... 懂了? 你们一起?
No, what? - Have you... you know? Have you?
什么?! - 一起...
What?! - Together... You know...
别磨蹭, 快说! - 你们睡过觉吗?
Just say it, man! - Have you had sex?
你现在没绕弯子吧
You don't beat around the bush, do you?!
你说呢?
Well?
是的!
Yes!
我觉得是真的 - 嗯?
I think so. - Hm?
我也不确定 - 怎么了?
I'm not sure. - What happened?
有一次过新年
Well, a few New Years ago
我起来时... - 嗯?
I woke up... - Yeah?
我在床上... - 恩
And I was there... - Right.
她也在
And so was she.
还有我们的朋友, 都是男人
And so were our friends, the genitals.
共六个人
All six of us were there.
六个...? 什么...? 哦 你们都不记得发生的事情?
Six...? What...? Oh. And... none of you can remember...?
不记得了
No. No. Well, I did for a while.
我有一阵记得 后来她强迫我忘掉
I think so. Then she made me block it out.
就这样- 她肯定记起来了 可不许我想起来
That's it - she remembers and I'm not allowed to.
天啊 来客户了! 你怎么没锁门?
Customers! Why didn't you lock the door?
赚钱当然要开着门的 - 可他们是学生!
We can make some money. - But they're students.
学生也读书啊 不管真读还是假读 至少是在读书
But students read books - or they pretend to, anyway.
我可不喜欢, 这么做太危险了
It sounds dangerous, I don't like it.
我的主意肯定不错, 你就试一次嘛
Look, give it a chance, and remember this was my idea.
就听你一次吧
OK. Right.