哦,我的天 - 是的,抓到你了
Oh, Jesus! - Yes, you've been caught!
你以为现在几点了? - 刚到午夜
What sort of time do you call this? - It's only midnight.
你去哪了?快说,不准撒谎
Where were you? Quickly - no lies.
和几个朋友一起出去了 - 朋友?出去?一起?几个?
Out with some friends. - Friends? Out? With? Some?
让我闻闻你的口气
Let me smell your breath.
正如我所想,薯片。我的薯片呢?
I thought so! Chips! Where are my chips?
衣服皱皱巴巴的,你去干什么了? 还有你胡子上的是不是唇膏印?
Your clothes are all rumpled! Is that lipstick on your beard?
我像根木头一样坐在黑暗里担心着你
Here I am, worrying myself away into a stick
而你却在什么女人的腿上大口吃着薯片
and you're scoffing chips from some tart's lap!
女人呢?我要薯片和女人!
Where's my tart?! I want chips and tarts!
上楼去 - 听着,我不属于你,你不是我的主宰
Get up them stairs! - You're not the king of me!
只要我想我就能和朋友出去 - 看这里
I can go out if I want! - Look here!
也许在其他书店打工的人可以自说自话
Maybe other boys who work in bookshops do what they want.
但是你在我的店里,在这里我说了算
But under my roof you abide by my rules!
这里可不是 Waterstone(连锁书店)
This isn't Waterstone's.
真希望从没来到这个世上
I wish I'd never been born!
曼尼!洗澡的时候不要唱歌♥
Manny! Stop singing in the bath!
我没在洗澡,我在马桶上
(Manny) I'm not in the bath, I'm on the toilet.
谁在马桶上唱歌♥,那么不要在马桶上唱歌♥
Who sings on the toilet? Stop singing on the toilet!
你知道我在你这吸了很多二手烟
I'm probably getting a lot of secondary smoke from you.
别介意,什么时候请我喝一杯就是了
Don't worry about it. Get me a drink sometime.
有没有顾客在?
(Manny) Are there any customers in?
没有
No.
(Singing happily)
(Phone)
喂?什么?是的,等一下
Hello? What? Yes, hang on.
你的,一个女的
Friend of yours. Some woman.
哦,好的。喂?啊,你好
Oh, right. Hello? Oh, hiya.
不,他没有
No! He didn't?!
真的…他没有。哦…
Did...? He didn't?! Oh...
他肯定在看你,肯定
He was definitely looking at you. He was!
噢,是的
Oh, yes. (Laughs)
你是谁?几岁了?
Who is this?! What age are you?!
13!你脑子有问题吗?
30? Is there something wrong with you?!
他不能说了,他要去干活了
He can't talk, he has to do his chores.
真不敢相信你竟然这么做。你真粗暴
I can't believe you did that. You're so rude!
曼尼!
Manny!
哦,嗨,有什么… - 不是叫你,曼尼
Oh, hi... - Not you - Manny.
曼尼!看,看
Manny! Look - look!
耶? - 耶
Yeah? - Yeah.
“Penelope Learmouth-Tonk” - 哈
"Penelope Learmouth-Tonk." - Ha.
“在她美丽的豪♥宅♥里…”
"At home in her graceful mansion..."
我们为什么不来谈些大家都感兴趣的话题
Why can't we talk about something we're all interested in?
嘿,你猜怎样 记得上星期我以为我得了痔疮
Hey, you know what? Last week, remember when I thought I had piles?
事实上只是结肠过敏综合症
It was just Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
啊…我们回来看杂♥志♥
Aaa... nd back to the magazine!
好了,就这样了。曼尼有很多活要做 谢谢你, 弗兰。再见
That's it! Manny has lots to do. Thank you, Fran. Bye-bye.
可是这很重要 - 你,"皇家皮革"(洗浴品牌) ,回去工作
It's important! - You, Imperial Leather - work.
你,摇滚歌♥手,回去工作
Right, you, Hawkwind - back to work.
无事可做
Nothing to do.
有很多事情可以做 好像倒倒酒啊,倒吧
There's plenty to do. Splishy-splashy, come on.
(Tuts)
你为什么要这么做?
What did you do that for?
这玩意儿又愚蠢又危险 你可能伤到什么人的眼睛
It's stupid and dangerous. You'll have somebody's eye out.
去打扫一下,手脚快点,好吧
Hurry up and sweep up, will you?
(# Heavy metal)
伯纳!别这样
Bernard! - (Music stops)
(Music starts)
(Music stops)
(Phone)
曼尼!
Manny!
曼尼,接电♥话♥!
Manny, phone!
Man... 好…我来接,好吧
Man... I'll get it, shall I?
喂?
Hello?
伯纳,喂? - 曼尼,你在哪?电♥话♥响了
Bernard, hello? - Manny, the phone was ringing!
我走了,我留了张条子,你没有看见吗?
I'm running away. I left you a note - did you not see?
走?条子?有没有?看见? 你在说什么?
Running away? Note? Did? See? What are you talking about?
就在你的面前
It's right in front of you.
你为什么要走? - 我在条子上都写清楚了
Why are you running away? - The note will explain everything.
你写了一张纸呢,你就说说重点吧
It's nearly a page, just give me the gist of it.
好,我复印了一张,所以,好的
Well, I made a photocopy, so yes.
“亲爱的伯纳,你读到此信时我已经走了”
"Dear Bernard, by the time you read this I will be gone.
“你不会再听到我的声音了”
"You will never hear my voice again.
“我不会再给你写信、或是给你打电♥话♥ 或通过别的什么方式来联络你”
"I will never write or phone or attempt to get in touch with you.
“这一切都因最近你对我的态度非常糟糕 我觉得是时候一个人生活了”
"The reason is that you've been really nasty to me recently.
“我觉得我已经成熟了,可以自谋生路了”
"I think I'm old enough to make my own way in the world
“如果你认为我是…”,一只蜜蜂
"and if you think that I'm..." A bee!
出去,出去…
(Yelling)
这里有只蜜蜂!出…
(Manny, yelling) 'There's a bee! Get...! '
(Glass smashes)
我被玻璃割到手了,啊啊,出去,出去…
'I've put my arm through the glass! Get off! Get off! '
曼尼?
Manny?
我割到手了,流血了,天啊,救命啊
'It's bleeding! God, someone help me! (Screams)'
(Pips)
不,不要断,我还有钱,好了
'Wait, I'll put in more money! There we go.
蜜蜂叮在我头上了,下去…
'Agh! The bee's on my head! Get it off!
等等,有人来了,哦,谢谢
'Wait, wait, someone's coming. Oh, thank you.
什么,不,不,走开,走开 伯纳,我被抢劫了
'What? No, no, get off! Bernard! I'm being mugged!
来救我啊,救…啊
'Send help! Send... Agh! ' - (Dial tone)
曼尼呢?
Where's Manny?
他不在这
Not here.
那他在哪?要去哪里找他?
Well, how can I find him?
你可以化身成什么糟糕的事 他就能碰上了你了
You could become a terrible event and happen to him.
我有事情要对他说
I really wanted to tell him this thing.
为什么什么事都要对曼尼说 你可以告诉我,来吧,告诉我
What's all this telling Manny everything business? Tell me.
不,你不懂这个的
No, you won't get it.
不,我懂,说吧 - 好
No, I will. Come on. - OK.
很明显… - 嗯
Apparently... - Yeah.
大卫·贝克汉姆 - 那个踢足球的
David Beckham... - The footballer!
对 - 灿烂的笑容,黝黑的皮肤… (指罗纳尔多?)
Yes... - Big smile, black guy, chat show.
看,你完全不明白
See? You won't get this.
哦,哦,我错了,不是他。是那个在 世界杯上哭了,现在在卖♥♥小薄饼的那个
I know. Sorry. He cried during the World Cup and now he sells crisps.
你对流行文化有没有一点概念,伯纳?
Do you know nothing about modern culture, Bernard?
贝克汉姆,时髦辣妹(他老婆) Pokemon(宠物小精灵)。我是说…
Beckham, Posh, Pokemon. I mean...
Pac Man(吃豆人,经典游戏) 你读错了,Pac Man
Pac Man. It's pronounced Pac Man.
算了,曼尼人呢?
Forget it. Where is Manny?
哦,他不干了 - 不干了?
Oh, he quit. - He quit?
蛮有意思的,你看,他打电♥话♥来 说他不干了,他在一个电♥话♥亭里
Quite funny, actually, he rang to say he quit and he was in a phone box,
里面有只蜜蜂,后来他被玻璃割伤了手
and there was this bee, and he put his arm through the glass
然后就流血了什么的
and he was bleeding and everything
后来他又被抢劫了
and then he got mugged.
想象一下,蜜蜂,血,抢劫…
Just like that - the bee, the bleeding and the mugger.
(Laughs)
所以我们该去帮帮他
So we should help him.
嗯,所以我们有点担心
And, um, it's just that we're a little bit worried.
耶,我失控了
Yeah. I'm frantic.
他走之前被…破口大骂
He left after being shouted at by...
她太宠他了,她总是找他谈这谈那的
She spoilt it. She's always talking to him.
总是给他点吃的什么的,他这样 怎么能了解世界的残酷
Giving him little things to eat. How will he learn about the real world?
如果他出了什么事…
If anything happened to him...
Derek,你能倒几杯茶进来吗? - 好的
Derek, could you do a tea run? - Sure.
你要点什么吗? - 哦,我想要杯白葡萄酒
Can I get you anything? - Oh, I'd love a glass of white.
只要不是夏敦埃酒就可以了 (一种无甜味白葡萄酒)
As long as it's not Chardonnay.
嗯,恐怕只有茶喝咖啡
Er, well, no, it's tea or coffee, I'm afraid.
那不要了,谢谢
(Fran) No, thanks.
好了,曼尼长什么样?
Right, can you describe Manny?
嗯,他…
Um... He's...
“打击犯罪,请拨999”
"Help fight crime, dial 999."
为了要与“犯罪”押韵,所以才用999吗?
Is it 999 because it rhymes with "crime"?
我真地认为你该认真地看待此事
I really think you should start taking this seriously.
曼尼可能在街上遇到了什么危险
Manny could have a tough time on the streets.
现在,你能描述下他的长相吗?
Now, can you describe him, please?
好的,他… - 他是个讨厌鬼
Yeah, he's... - He's a pain in the hole.
他不高,毛发茂盛
(Thud)
He's small, he's got a lot of hair.
他下颚有些胡子