-我说 我能继续工作了吗 我还有很多事要做 -不 我还没说完
- I mean, can I get on that?. I've got lots of work to do.- No, I've not finished yet.
哦 我会给他写推荐信的
Oh, I'll write him a reference, yeah.
只是 要知道 这并不适合他,他会找到适合他工作的地方的
It's just, you know, it's not working here for him, and maybe it will somewhere else.
这份报告很明显不会写得太好 总而言之 祝他好运
Obviously it's not going to be a glowing report, but good luck to him, yeah.
我想他会找到别的职位
I think he'll find another position.
这件事太可怕了 并且成千上万
It was a terrible incident,and completely unrepresentative
赛事迷们对此毫不知情
of the hundreds and thousands of decent stare-out fans.
别吵 看那 Uzliam正在那里想要突破
Hear, hear. Look at that!Uzliam tried something there.
我想Solowka早就知道了 这对他不成问题
I think Solowka saw it coming all the way. He had no problem dealing with it.
这对像Solowka这样没什么能逃过他眼睛的人来说只是小菜一碟
It's meat and drink to someone who can stare as well as Solowka.
他们对彼此的策略了如指掌
They're so familiar with each other's game.
并且 当然 所以现在他们势均力敌毫无进展
And, of course, as a result of that,we've got a very well-balanced match here.
请进
Come in.
-嗨 Steve -嗨 Ray
- Hi, Steve.- Ray, hi.
我就直言不讳了 我们所有人都不会离开这个办公室
I'm gonna be a bit blunt here.None of us are gonna leave this office
除非你把我们上个月的加班费给我们 我很抱歉但我们绝不会再被敷衍了事了
until you give us a cheque for the extra work we did last month.I'm sorry,but we won't be fobbed off any longer.
-那个还没落实吗 -没
- Has that not come through? - No.
那真可恶 我不知道哪里出错了
That's outrageous.I don't know what's happened.
我只能说 十分抱歉
All I can say is, I'm really very sorry.
我现在就给你们签私人支票 怎么样
What I'll do is write you a personal cheque here and now.How's that?.
-这个可以接受吗 -当然
- Would that be acceptable? - Yeah, great.
哦 老天 三个橘子 你肯定知道我为什么放着他们 对吧
Oh, my goodness. Three oranges.You know why I keep them, don't you?.
哇哦
Whoa!
试一下 他们只是普通的橘子
Have a go.They're just ordinary oranges.
不可能 不可能
No way, no way.
出租车
Taxi!
哇哦
Phwoar.
哇哦
Phwoar.
哦哦
Phwoar!
好辣
Very nice.
已经5点49分了 我早上看到一个新闻
The time's just coming up to 5:49.I was reading in the paper this morning
林肯郡的杂货商卖♥♥了18多年的豆子罐头
that a Lincolnshire grocer was done for selling tins of beans over 18 years old.
估计你们会叫它 永远有豆铺
Suppose you've gotta call them 'has-beans'.
或许这里面有些不能说的秘密 谁知道呢
Bit of a half-baked story there.
我猜那个杂货商最喜欢的明星是Sean Bean
I wonder if that grocer's favourite actor was Sean Bean.
或者憨豆先生
Or perhaps Mr Bean.
并且我猜如果他们的马厩里有马 他们会分开它们的双腿吗
And I wonder, if they have horses in jail,do they raise up on their Heinz legs?.
你们正在收听Chesham101 新闻过后
You're listening to Chesham 101.Coming up after the news,
可爱的Janet McPhail将要带给我们点演艺圈的内♥幕♥消息
the lovely Janet McPhail is coming in to give us the lowdown on Tinseltown,
我听说Hugh Grant将会在新蝙蝠侠里出演 对吗 Janet
and I hear that Hugh Grant is to appear in the new Batman movie.Is that right, Janet?.
她透过窗户向我点头 说到蝙蝠侠 我想如果
She's nodding at me through the window there. Talking about Batman, I wonder if...
我想如果蝙蝠侠
I... I wonder if Batman...
我想如果他
I wonder if he...
用蝙蝠油开车
runs his car on bat petrol.
或者假如 呃
Or if, uh...
蝙蝠 有些古怪
Bats. A little bit batty.
有点烦人的事 好了 让我们再来点音乐
Bit of a nuisance.OK, let's have some more music.
-你要去哪 -我他妈没有段子了
- Where are you going? - I don't have any cocking puns!
我蝙蝠侠的段子呢 你们想看我在那出丑吗
Where are my Batman puns?Do you want me to look stupid out there?
对 打字 别看我
Right! Get writing and stop staring at me!
我极厌恶我在节目上看起来蠢笨不堪
I am sick to death of being made to look stupid on my programme!
现在开始写 快啊 继续做
Now write!Come on, get on with it!
我要段子 现在 现在
I want puns now! Now!
5分钟 5分钟后要我要在我桌子上看到20个蝙蝠侠的段子
Five minutes! Five minutes and I want 20 Batman puns on my desk!
我看到你们俩躲在那了 开始写
I can see you two down there in the corner!Get writing!
你不写笑话 你就没有吃的 这非常简单 现在继续做
You don't write jokes, you don't get food,it is that bloody simple! Now get on with it!
每年全国上千的儿童
Every year thousands of children all over the country
被迫为当地的广播站台写段子
are forced to write puns for local radio stations.
大部人放弃反抗 轻易地接受了他们的命运
Most of them simply accept their fate.
但是法律的援助并不奢侈
But legal help needn 't be expensive.
现在这些孩子已经被Langle and Allchurch解救并保护
All these children have secured their freedom through Langley and Allchurch.
如果你被非法拘禁而且还被迫成为段子手 请与我们联♥系♥
If you're held captive and forced to write puns against your will,why not call us today?.
我们会提供帮助
We're here to help.
无论何时这两个相见 我们都会想起在1968年末的非职业锦标赛里
Whenever these two meet,we're reminded of that unforgettable struggle
那让人无法忘怀的斗争
in the final of 1968,the amateur championship.
比赛持续了9个小时直到Uzliam战胜Solowka
The game lasted nine hours before Uzliam wore out Solowka.
-我们可以看一下片段 -好极了
- We can see a snatch of that. - Great.
这两个来自东方集团国家的选手带给我们如此精彩绝伦的比赛
What a super match we've been treated to by these two Eastern-bloc players.
我记得上次他们遇见还是在古巴导弹危机时期
I remember the last time they met was during the Cuban missile crisis.
那是多么有趣的比赛
and it was such an absorbing game
它确实把我的心思从超能力的对抗中移开
that it certainly took my mind off that confrontation between the superpowers.
我从未经历过如此紧张的局面 现在气氛已经火光四溅了
I really don 't think I can recall such tension.The atmosphere here absolutely electric.
两人不可思议的毅力
Marvellous stamina from these two.
哦 老天 Solowka眨眼了 一切结束了
Oh, my gosh!Solowka has blinked! It's all over!
如此了不起的俄♥国♥人的成绩 太出色了
What a terrific performance from the Russian!Absolutely outstanding!
听见Raymond Sledge的评论真是温馨
Lovely to hear,Raymond Sledge's commentary there.
这么多年还是跟不上趟的声音
The voice of stare-out for so many years.
我想我要回马萨诸塞州
# I think I'm going back to Massachusetts...
Maurice
Maurice...
Maurice...
Maurice
Maurice!
不 不 不 不 不
No-o-o-o-o-o-o...
不 不 不 不 不
.. o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o...
不 不 不 不 不 不
.. o-o-o-o-o-o-o...
不 不 不
.. o-o-o-o!
不 不 不 不 不 不 不
No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o...
不 不 不
.. o-o-o!
老天让我必须回家
#Something's telling me I must go home...
我要过去了 Chaka
I'm coming, Chaka!
Bee Gee一家死后
Chaka Khan上交了作为
西方峡谷 怀俄明州郡长的徽章
她从未怀疑过Bee Gee家族
应该为在所谓的落日工作室大屠♥杀♥中
Herbie Hancock AL Jarreau
和George Benson 的死负责
可同时
她无法原谅自己杀了自己以前的伙伴
她的新专辑'funkaholic'里
‘Sometimes'和‘Brand New Lover'可见一般
我觉得报纸上所有的预测反而使Solowka更加坚定了
I think all that speculation in the papers has made Solowka even more determined
要证明他的贬低者们的想法都错了 显然他为这场锦标赛作足了准备
to prove his detractors wrong. He's worked very hard to train for this championship.
David 你是见过他如何训练的
You've been watching him training, David,
我们现在将向您展示一些他训练过程中的片段
and we can now show you at home some of the footage of that training.
他在这 这就是Solowka 在训练的时候
(David) Here he is, this is Solowka actually in training here,
我的个天哪 多么刻苦认真啊
and my goodness me, what a sight.
你们都懂的 他是个大♥师♥ 这就是大♥师♥认真起来的范儿
You know, he is a master, and there we see a master at work.
他用节拍器来保持节奏
He uses the metronome there to keep the rhythm.
每天他都会盯着自己看十个小时
He just stares at himself for ten hours every day.
我想吧 如果你像他一样 打一场表演赛就可以拿1万英镑
And I suppose if you were getting £10,000 for exhibition matches, as he does,
你绝逼也会像他一样刻苦练习的
you'd train that hard as well.
嗨 Ray
Ray, hi.
-给老子听好了 -先别说话 我知道你很生气
- Right! - Don't say a word. I understand you're angry.
先别说话 去看看那边第一个抽屉里有什么 去看看吧
Just don't say another word. Go to that top drawer and have a look. Go on, have a look.
噢 快看啊
Oh, look!
小萌狗狗
Puppies!
-你好啊 小狗狗 你好萌啊 -你好啊
- Hello, puppies. Aren't you lovely?. - Hello!
的士
Taxi!
有意思 给我小剪刀 血压状况如何
That's interesting.Small scissors. How's the BP doing?.
-正常 脉搏102 -很好
- BP normal, pulse 102. - Great.
护士 麻烦给我些棉球 这里得擦一下 好 谢谢
Can you get some more swabs, please, nurse?.It's getting a bit messy. Right, thank you.
这是什么情况 看起来不大对劲啊
I'm not sure about this, actually.It looks a bit unusual.
我要打个电♥话♥问问Bob Metcalf 很快 为了慎重起见
I'm going to give Bob Metcalf a quick ring and make sure, OK?.Double check.
你们坚持一会儿 我马上回来
You guys hold the fort,I'll be back in two seconds.
嗨 Bob 我是Peter 嗨
Hi, Bob. It's Peter here. Hi.
是这样的 我正在给Brooks女士做例行的试探性手术
Yeah, look, I'm doing a routine exploratory on Mrs Brooks,
我注意到她有主动脉瓣粘合的现象 这让我有点...担忧
and I've noticed she's got a rather sticky aortic valve, and I was a little...Worried, yeah.
真的吗 太好了 不 不 好极了 正是我需要知道的 谢谢 好的 谢啦
Really?. Great. No, no, that's fantastic, exactly what I needed to know. Brilliant. OK. Super.
好了 咱俩改天见...
All right, I'll see you at...
好的 好的
Yeah, OK, yeah. OK.
不 我只是想...对 只是想核实一下 没啥别的
No, I wanted... yeah.I wanted to be sure, and... you know.
好吧 那就这样吧 我们改天在...
All right, brilliant. I'll s...Yeah, I'll see you on the...
是啊
Yep.
你才是 听着 我真的得挂...
Well, no, you were the... Yeah.OK, listen, I really do h...
嗯 嗯 我真得挂...
Yeah, OK, I do have...
嗯 我得挂电♥话♥了 Bob 真得挂了 抱歉
Yeah. I've got to go,I do have to go, Bob. Sorry.