Dr Tulloch, you examined the Duke to establish if this was so.
是的
I did.
我研究了耻骨上
I observed all the distributions
毛发分布的情况
of the suprapubic hair formation.
照片上的男人 毛很浓密
The man in the polaroid photograph has a thick,
并向肚脐方向生长
bushy growth that extends towards the umbilicus.
而相比之下 公爵的毛发
The Duke, in contrast, has a very thin and fine
在耻骨弓上分布较细
suprapubic distribution.
所以您从此次熟练且专业的检查中
So what did you conclude from this clearly
得出了怎样的结论呢
experienced professional examination?
照片中的人和公爵不同
That the person in the photograph was different from the Duke.
不同吗
Different.
不是她的丈夫
Not her husband.
谢谢 塔洛克医生
Thank you, Dr Tulloch.
你怎么形容你与被告的关系
How would you describe your relationship with the Defender?
公爵夫人和我是好朋友
The Duchess and I are friends.
我们共进晚餐 一起遛狗 看电影
We go for dinner, walk our dogs together, go to the cinema.
我逗她开心
I make her laugh.
在她的婚姻里 需要有人能逗她开心
She's needed that during her marriage, someone to make her laugh.
原告有一张你和被告的照片
The pursuer has a photograph of you and the Defender
清晨在她家门口拥抱
embracing on her doorstep in the early hours of the morning.
是的
Yes, he does.
在你们这段友谊里
Have you at any time in your friendship
你是否和辩护人发生过亲密关系
been intimately involved with the Defender?
从来没有
Never.
我们从没通奸
No, we've never once been adulterous.
这几乎不可能
It's not even a remote possibility.
我们只是朋友
We're friends.
那个拥抱只是普通朋友之间的拥抱而已
That embrace is the embrace that friends give each other.
法官大人 我这里有一封公爵私人医生的来信
My lord, I have a letter from the Duke's physician declaring that
公爵的身体情况让他只能坐着
the Duke suffers from a condition that requires him to sit.
准许
I will allow.
我妻子在伦敦频繁地独自外出
Yes, my wife frequently went out in London unaccompanied by me.
有时候午夜才回来
Sometimes she returned at midnight,
有时候要到凌晨三点或四点
sometimes at three or four o'clock in the morning.
她说她和朋友们在一起
She said she was with friends.
那你对此满意吗
And were you entirely happy about that?
不
No.
她所有的朋友 都是男人
All of her friends were men.
她向我保证 她和他们都是清白的
She assured me it was all completely innocent.
你相信她吗
And you believed her?
当然
Of course.
但后面我的怀疑挥之不去
But then my suspicions became overwhelming.
我从伦敦的家里搬去了克拉里奇酒店
I moved out of our London home into Claridge's Hotel,
那之后我发现了她的信件
then after that I discovered her letters,
日记和其他一些秘密保管的物品
diaries and other things that she kept secretly.
那么她的日记里
And did you notice anything in her diaries that took your
是否有引起你特别注意的东西
attention particularly?
一串名字和日期 男人的名字
A list of names and dates, names of men.
还有字母V
And the letter V.
被告使用字母V来代表什么
And what does the Defender signify with the use of the letter V?
她用来... 标注...
She... She signifies...
发生过性关系的人
that intercourse occurred.
你是如何确定的
How can you be so sure?
因为我的名字后面也有
Because it appears next to my own name,
在我们婚姻里的早些时光
in the early years of our marriage,
当时我们很幸福
when we were happy.
在你和前妻的婚姻期间
You had intercourse with the Defender when you were married
你曾与被告发生过性关系 你承认了通奸
to your previous wife. You Committed adultery
我做这一切都是为了离婚
I did so for the purposes of obtaining a divorce.
我看出来了
I see.
对于获准离婚
You are practised in calculation when it comes
你倒是挺会算计
to obtaining a divorce.
你说你离开伦敦的家 入住克拉里奇酒店
You say you left the London home and took a suite at Claridge's,
但你和被告在巴黎和解了
but you were reconciled with the Defender in Paris.
你们共用一个房♥间 睡同一张床
You shared the same room, the same bed.
时间很短暂
Briefly.
无论如何
Briefly or not,
那时你宽恕了你所怀疑的事
at that time you condoned what you suspected.
我的妻子很有说服力
My wife is very persuasive.
在因弗雷里城♥堡♥的时候
There were nights at Inveraray when I had to lock myself in
我不得不把自己关在藏书室里才能睡觉
the library in order to get some sleep,
即便如此 她也会来敲门
and even then she would batter on the door.
但你之后似乎准备接受一切了
But you seemed prepared to accept all that
那时被告为你的计划付了钱
when the Defender paid for your scheme to salvage
在托伯莫里海湾打捞沉船
a shipwreck from Tobermory Bay
以及因弗雷里城♥堡♥的修复计划
and the restoration of Inveraray Castle.
我这样向你描述 只有等到被告钱财散尽的时候
I put it to you that you only began to care about
你才关心起她的伦敦生活
the Defender's London lifestyle when her money began to dry up.
不 一派胡言
No, not at all.
被告拒绝给你钱时 你不生气吗
You weren't angry when the Defender refused you money?
不生气
No.
你没有对她进行人身攻击吗
You didn't physically attack her?
没有实施暴♥力♥行为吗
There were no occasions of violence?
没有 没有
No, and no.
你没有在你女儿的协助之下
You didn't, with the help of your daughter,
把被告按在床上恐吓她
terrorise the Defender by holding her down in her bed
并偷走她的日记吗
and stealing her diary?
我没有恐吓她
I didn't terrorise her.
我只是在她伸手拿电♥话♥报♥警♥时
I merely took her diary from her bedside table as she reached for
拿走了她床头柜里的日记
the telephone to call the police.
我女儿珍妮小姐会同意该说法
My daughter Lady Jeanne will agree.
毋庸置疑
I'm sure.
你喝酒 对吗
You drink, don't you?
你酗酒成瘾
You drink to excess.
我只喝常规的量
I drink the usual amount.
我这么说 你饮酒的量已经能够影响
I put it to you that you drink to a degree that would influence
一个男人的行为 判断 精神状态
a man's behaviour, his judgment, his state of mind
并且会让他妻子在行使自己的权利
and would cause his wife to stress even as she did everything
进行帮助和支持时... -我妻子...
in her power... - My wife...
倍感压力
to care and support.
我的妻子 即被告 对我不忠
My wife, the Defender, is unfaithful.
我摄入的酒精量很正常
And I drink the usual amount.
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
继公爵之后 公爵夫人将出庭作证
你这个人♥渣♥ 臭婊♥子♥
You're scum! Slut!
阿盖尔公爵起诉阿盖尔公爵夫人一案
In the matter of Argyll versus Argyll,
法庭现在传唤玛格丽特 阿盖尔公爵夫人
The court now calls Margaret, Duchess of Argyll.
请问你写日记的目的是什么
What purpose do your diaries serve?
记录我的社交活动
They're a record of my social engagements.
记录邀请我参加晚宴和聚会的人
People who've written dinner invitations. Parties.
你丈夫认为字母V
The letter V your husband alleges is a symbol
代表性关系...
for intercourse...
是记录此类社交的速写符号♥ 类似于提示词吗
is a shorthand for these social engagements, an aide-memoire?
对 比如有人送花 就会这样记录
Yes. People who sent flowers, for example.
情书也是吗
And the love letters?