伦敦
下议院 餐厅
你听到聪明人哈罗德怎么说
Did you hear what Harold the Wise said
这趟去罗德西亚的事吗
about the trip to Rhodesia?
"我会非常非常非常失望"
"I would be very, very, very disappointed."
"我会非常非常非常失望"
"I would be very, very, very disappointed."
"我会非常非常非常失望
"I would be very, very, very disappointed,
我家小灵狗也会"
and so would my whippet."
-鞑靼牛肉 先生 -非常感谢
- Steak tartare, sir. - Thank you very much indeed.
所以 贝塞尔先生 我有消息
So, Senor Besselli, I have news.
约翰·帕尔多基本证实了这事
John Pardoe has practically confirmed it.
格里蒙德要下台了
Grimond is stepping down.
还能撑一年 最多18个月
One more year, 18 months at the most.
如果这消息不实 我会"非常非常非常失望"
I would be "Very, very, very disappointed" if that's not true.
那我只能恭喜你咯
What can I say but, congratulations?
但想一想 考虑到权力制衡
Just think, though, given the balance of power,
自♥由♥党的下一任领袖可能是副首相
the next leader of the Liberal Party could be Deputy Prime Minister.
是很可能
Well, quite.
我一直不是很在意"副"这个字
I never did care very much for the word deputy.
我会支持你的 一路陪同
Well, I'll be there for you, all the way.
资金会是个大问题 一如既往
Finance is going to be a problem, of course, as ever.
我很愿意帮忙 但我也不是百万富翁
Well, I'd love to help, but I'm not exactly a millionaire.
而我现在被困在屋顶漏雨的办公室
And I'm stuck here in an office with a leaky roof
都雇不起我自己的员工
and I can't even afford my own staff.
你手下那个秘书怎么样 伊丽莎白
Tell me, what's that secretary of yours like, Elizabeth?
-还不错吗 -是的 特别是在床上
- Any good? - Oh, yes. Particularly in bed.
佩德罗
Pedro!
我可真喜欢你
I adore you!
你和你可怕的欲望
You and your monstrous appetites!
你不是做过教友宣道员吗
Weren't you a lay preacher?
你显然做过啊 不是吗
Well, obviously you were, literally.
就是个爱好 有些人喜欢打高尔夫
Call it a hobby. Some people play golf,
我喜欢乱搞
I like screwing.
咱俩私下的话了 我年轻的时候
Between the two of us, when I was young,
我当时太饥渴 我会去寻找男性
I was so desperate, I'd go looking on the spear side.
你是在跟我说 你...
Are you telling me... that you...
都行吗
were usable?
我是有些 是的
I'm a little bit so, yes.
希望这不会让人很震惊
If that's not too shocking.
彼得·佩德罗·贝塞尔·范·贝塞巴♥赫♥
Peter Pedro Bessell von Bessellbach!
这屋子里这么多人
Well, out of anyone in this room,
我大概是最不惊讶的那个
I'm probably the least shocked of all,
你明白我的意思吧
if you understand my meaning.
-我明白 -现在这也不算什么惊奇事了吧
- I think so. - It's hardly a great surprise now, is it?
我想不实
I... suppose not.
你觉得你是什么 偏男人偏女人
What would you say you are, vis-a-vis men and women?
你是哪边 一半一半吗
What are you? 50-50?
更像是八比二
More like 80-20.
其中八成是喜欢女性
I mean, 80% for the ladies.
是吗
Yeah.
我也觉得我是八比二
Yes, I call myself 80%,
但八成是同性恋
but... 80%... gay.
天 我都不确定之前有人在这栋楼里
Gosh, I'm not sure that word's ever been said
说过这个词
within these walls before.
起码不是那个意思
Not in that context.
我妻子坚持这个词意思是"快乐的"
My wife insists that gay means happy.
我觉得她完全正确
I think she's absolutely right.
而我打算要非常快乐 在我一生中快活好多次
And I intend to be very happy, very many times in my life.
跟他一起快活
And very much so with him.
正是这样无疑了
Very, very, very much so.
小心了 保持谨慎
Careful, now. Keep it discreet.
我可不觉得有哪个男孩值得让人蹲监狱
I'm not sure any boy's worth ending up in prison for.
你会保护我吗 佩德罗
You protecting me, Pedro?
如果必要 杰里米
If I must, Jeremy,
-那我会的 -终于啊
- then I will. - At last!
感谢上天 有人来保护我了
Thank God, someone to protect me from myself.
我要点葡萄酒庆祝下
I am going to order some port, to celebrate.
彼得 我们不过是一对老姐妹
Peter, we are nothing but a pair of old queens.
敬女王
To... Her Majesty.
敬女王
Her Majesty.
根据原著改编
约翰·普雷斯顿
第一集
马香公♥寓♥
-早安 姜提 -早安 杰里米
- Morning, Jonty. - Morning, Jeremy.
早安 先生
Morning, sir.
我的职责就是告知首相
It is my duty to inform the Prime Minister
如果他继续限制移♥民♥
that if he continues to restrict immigration,
他就是在遏止这个国家的命脉
he is staunching the lifeblood of this country...
没错
Hear, hear!
同时会加剧"让英国都是白人"活动
And, and fuelling the rise of the "Keep Britain White" Campaign.
来自英联邦的所有民众
Citizens from all over the Commonwealth
都应该享有自♥由♥安全进入的权利
deserve a free and safe right of entry,
不然政♥府♥会发现它的白♥皮♥书♥
or else the Government may find that its White Paper
还真是书如其名
is very aptly named.
-我是贝塞尔 -佩德罗 我遇上麻烦了
- Bessell speaking. - Pedro, I have a problem.
在丽兹酒店见我 12点
Meet me at The Ritz, 12 o'clock.
上周我母亲收到了这封信 她读过了
It was delivered last week to my mother, and she read it,
每个字都读了 整整17页
every single word, all 17 pages.
"诺曼·乔希夫寄"
"From Norman Josiffe?"
你是说 他是你那些中的...
You mean, he's one of your...
"杰里米和我有一段同性恋情..."
"Jeremy and I have had a homosexual relationship..."
我的天 你母亲读过了
Oh, my God, your mother read this?!
他想要什么 钱吗
What does he want? Money?
一笔30镑的巨资
The vast sum of £30.
他连勒索都不会
He can't even blackmail properly.
他到底是谁
Well, who is he, exactly?
他是
He is, um...
当我第一次见他时 他
Well, when I first met him, he was...
非常美好
..very heaven.
四年前
早上好
Good morning.
今早也确实非常美好
And a very, very fine morning it is, too.
-早上好 先生 抱歉 -我叫杰里米·索普
- Good morning, sir. Pardon me. - Jeremy Thorpe.
我来这里过周末
I've come to stay for the weekend.
我是范·德·范特先生的客人
I'm a guest of Mr Van de Vater.
我知道 先生 他提到过 你来访他很激动
I know, sir. He said. He was very excited.
很特别的访客 议会成员什么的
Quite a special visitor. Member of Parliament and all of that.
你叫什么名字
What's your name?
-诺曼 先生 -你也叫诺曼
- Norman, sir. - Another Norman?
请我来的人叫诺曼·范·德·范特 你叫诺曼
Mein host, Norman Van de Vater and Norman...
-乔希夫 -乔希夫
- Josiffe. - Josiffe!
-那是法语吗 -我不知道 先生
- What is that, French? - Um, I don't know, sir.
真的吗
Really?
你都没问过自己的姓氏来源吗
You've never so much as enquired about your own surname?
那是因为 我母亲嫁给了一个姓乔希夫的人
It's just, um, my mother married a Josiffe,
但他不是我父亲
but he's not my father.
-挺复杂的 没错 -抱歉
- Ah, complicated, yes. - Sorry.
不不 是我的错 是我不好 这是私事
No, no, no, no. My fault, my fault. It's private.
我最好回去工作了
Well, I'd best get back to work.
-您这周末骑马吗 先生 -骑 骑 当然了
- Will you be riding this weekend, sir? - Oh, yeah, yeah, definitely.
这是我的一大爱好
It's a great...great passion of mine.
我能一个人准备好马匹
I can prepare the horse myself.
您是什么等级 哪种马最适合你呢
What level are you at? What kind of mount would suit you best?
适合我的那种马匹
Well, just...the right sort of mount for me, really.
这不一定
It depends.
你呢 诺曼 我看你是大行家
What about you, Norman? You're the great expert, I see.
这是我一直以来想做的事 先生
It's all I've ever wanted to do, sir.
和马打交道 我从小就想干这个
Working with horses. Ever since I was a kid.
我的家庭不 我们有自己的难处
My family wasn't... We had our problems.
各种荒谬的事
All sorts of nonsense.
那是我自己的错 真的
It was my own fault, really,
但我总能回到马厩里 而且
but I could always find my way to the stables and, um...
感到快乐 人人都说我话太多