剧集 | 圣诞颂歌(2019) | 导航列表
就是我们花了几个子儿在伯明翰买♥♥的工厂
Our factory in Birmingham which we purchased for pennies,
我们对他们极尽盘剥
and we cut their cloth according to our meanness.
因果循环
The consequences of one's actions
报应不爽
always ends up on one's own doorstep.
我们在审讯时冠冕堂皇 推卸责任
How righteous and scolding we were at the inquest.
还记得吗
Remember?
懒惰 醉酒
Idleness, drunkenness,
工人缺乏常识
a lack of common sense on the part of the workforce
我们说全是他们的错
we blamed them all...
我贿赂了法官
and got the all clear from a judge
我们完全免责
whose palm I crossed with silver.
看看这些铁链 埃比尼泽
Look at these chains, Ebenezer.
这可不是什么游戏 看啊
This isn't a fucking game. Look.
每个环都是一个死在我们各地工厂里的
Each link is a man or woman or child
男人 女人或孩子
who died in our workshops
伦敦 伯明翰
in London, Birmingham,
曼彻斯特 孟买♥♥
Manchester, Bombay,
-巴达维亚 -等等
- Batavia. - Wait. Wait.
-有外包的 -毛里求斯
- There were subcontracts. - Auritius,
-洪都拉斯湾 -够了
- Bay of Honduras... - Enough.
不 永远都不够
No, it was never enough.
你不满足 我也不满足
Not for you or for me.
有什么意义
And for what?
我们积累钱财是为了什么
What was the purpose of our gross accumulation?
为了这个
For this...
我们破坏世界
we vandalized the world.
无论你是谁 请你立刻离开我家
Whatever you are, I should like you to leave my home, now.
等你死后 铁链也会缠上你
Oh, when your time comes, there'll be chains for you, too.
你的命运将是背负你沉重的过去
And your fate will be to wander the earth with the great weight
在这世上流浪
of your past on your shoulders.
除非我忏悔 对吗
Unless I repent, yes?
我说这是骗人的把戏
"Humbug," I will say.
我忏悔什么
"Repent what?," I will say.
我遇到的那个精灵不在乎你的灵魂
The spirit I met has no concern for your soul.
也不在乎我的
Or mine.
我想得到救赎
I want salvation.
但事实上 这取决于你
But in truth, it is up to you.
埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇
Ebenezer Scrooge,
三位精灵中的第一位
the first of three spirits will come tonight
将在今晚午夜钟声响起时前来
when the clock strikes midnight.
第二位将在明晚相同时间前来
The next will come the next night at the same hour.
第三位将在后天晚上前来
And the third will come the following night.
也是在午夜
Also at midnight.
准备好
Prepare ye.
一个迅速消失的现实算不得什么现实
A reality so readily banished is not much of a reality.
一块未消化的牛肉
A piece of undigested beef.
一块生土豆
A lump of uncooked potato.
骗人的把戏
Humbug!
二
Two.
九
Nine.
十
Ten.
十一
Eleven.
还有一小时
One hour to go.
然后就要开始了
Then it will begin.
理性对抗幻想
Reason against fancy.
明早就能知道谁是赢家
We will know the winner by morning.
第二章
人心
怎么样
Well?
我按你吩咐的做了
Well, I did as you asked.
我去找了埃比尼泽
I called on Ebenezer and I...
我告诉他有三位精灵要去拜访他
I told him he'd be visited by three spirits.
我劝了他 不 我恳求了他
I urged him? No, I pleaded with him
求他听听这些精灵的话
to hear what the spirits had to say.
他只回答了一个词
And he replied but one word.
我拼给你听
I'll spell it for you.
骗人的把戏
HUMBUG.
他坐在他的椅子上 然后
And he settled into his chair, and then...
见鬼
Oh, f...
有什么意义
What's the point?
打动斯克鲁奇的唯一办法
The only way anyone could ever soften Scrooge's heart
就是用剁肉刀和一杯温热的肉汁
would be with a mincing knife and a cup of warm gravy
做某种难吃的布丁
to make some kind of unpleasant pudding.
面对现实吧 我要永远困在这里了
Let's face it, I'm stuck here forever.
你为什么要在乎我们
And what do you care, anyway, eh?
对你而言 我们不过是
To you, we're just numbers on a list
你天堂清单上的数字
in your celestial inventory.
然而
Nevertheless,
观察过这个埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇之后
having observed this Ebenezer Scrooge,
我喜欢挑战
I relish a challenge.
我将向他展示
I'll show him
他最珍贵的记忆
his most treasured memories
和痛苦的噩梦
and tortured nightmares.
如同之前的成千上万个灵魂
And like the many thousand souls before him,
他会祈求宽恕
he will beg forgiveness.
♪ 繁华的都柏林 ♪
♪ In Dublin's fair city ♪
♪ 姑娘美貌如花 ♪
♪ where the girls are so pretty ♪
♪ 我曾见过 ♪
♪ I once set my eyes ♪
♪ 甜美的莫莉·马龙 ♪
♪ On sweet Molly Malone ♪
♪ 她推着手推车 ♪
♪ As she wheeled her wheelbarrow ♪
♪ 走遍大街小巷 ♪
♪ In the streets broad and narrow ♪
你怎么睡不着 亲爱的
Why are you awake, my love?
我太兴奋了
I'm excited.
圣诞节就快到了
It will soon be Christmas.
玛丽
Mary.
你有话要跟我说吗
Is there something you want to tell me?
如果你收到的钱不是美国某个
If the money you received was not sent
神秘堂兄寄来的
by some mysterious cousin in America...
那是谁寄来的
who did send it?
为什么寄钱
Why?
等过完圣诞节吧 鲍勃 拜托
Let Christmas be, Bob, please.
等过完圣诞节再说吧
Just let Christmas be.
听
Listen.
圣诞节快到了
It's almost here.
那等过完圣诞节
And when Christmas is done...
你就告诉我是谁
you'll tell me who.
来吧 精灵 改变我吧 尽管试试
Come, Spirit, change me. Try.
是你吗 精灵
Is that you, Spirit?
鬼身上还系着铃铛吗
Do ghosts have bells attached to them?
伊拉斯谟
Erasmus?
伊拉斯谟 是...
Erasmus, is th...
是你吗
Is that you?
真的是你
It is you.
我收到过的最棒的圣诞礼物
The best Christmas present I ever had.
还戴着我姐姐系在你脖子上的
Still with the... the ribbon and bell
缎带和铃铛
my sister put around your neck.
所以你就是他说的那个精灵
So you are the spirit I was promised.
而你奇迹般地出现要带给我的教训就是
And the lesson I am meant to learn by your miraculous appearance
即使是一只人人喊打 天天被诱捕
is that even a small rodent? Reviled, trapped,
毒杀的啮齿类动物
poisoned every other day of the year.
也可以在圣诞节这天
can, on Christmas day
绑上丝带 贴上金箔
with the addition of a bit of silk and gold leaf.
成为小孩的珍贵礼物 就像我眼中的你
become a precious gift for a small child, as you were for me.
好吧 小精灵
Well, little spirit,
如果你觉得我的心会因为对你的
if you think my heart would melt
温暖记忆而融化
on the warmth of your memory,
那你真是完全不了解自己的对手
you have no idea what you are up against.
好了
So...
重要访问到此为止
the grand visitation is over.
该庆祝了
Time for a celebration.
一只绑着缎带的老鼠
A rat wrapped in a ribbon
剧集 | 圣诞颂歌(2019) | 导航列表